Dean & DeLuca Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dean & DeLuca Cashier Interview Questions

2.8

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dean & DeLuca (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

Very comfortable and easy. i was asked about my previous experiences and why i want to join this company. they also asked about my availability. also if i can travel easily

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Dean & DeLuca

Anonymous Employee in Leawood, KS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dean & DeLuca (Leawood, KS) in September 2014.

Interview

I got called in about a week after I applied, and was interviewed I was asked why I chose dean and Deluca. I was asked where I wanted to work, if I would show up to my shifts, my availability during school, and how many hours I want to work per week.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dean & DeLuca (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied on Craigslist then about a week or so later i was called in for a interview with the District Manager, after that interview i was called about a day or two later for a group interview with the District Manager and Assistant Manager of the store at which we were being interviewed...During the Interview we were all asked 2 questions which we took turns around the table answer then one by one we would go to a separate table with just the managers for a One on One interview.

Interview Questions

• I don't think any questions were difficult or unexpected its the usual Interview questions, Where do you see yourself?, Why D&D?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations they made me an offer i found acceptable so i accepted...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dean & DeLuca (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

For the position of a mere cashier, they sound like they demand so much out of this part-time, cashier position as if you were working a full-time job. I lost interest during the process, needless to say. The interviewees (I had 2 managers interview me) were very thorough and it's more than being on the register - cleaning, making food, opening/closing store. I've never had any experience in the food industry so I assume they were looking for someone with prior experience but from the kind of questions they asked, it seemed very demanding, especially for an entry-level job. They get so much out of you with the questions. They will send you to take some training courses for working with the food machines and how to make food...for the position of a cashier. One of the interviewees seemed very bored/not interested while the other seemed fun and understanding but it was a VERY long interview. Overall, not a really great experience and I'm glad I didn't get the job.

Cashier Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dean & DeLuca in November 2011.

Interview

It started with a telephone interview. I was asked to come in for an in-person interview where I met with and spoke to two managers. It was a basic interview. I got the sense that they cared more about personality and how you would fit in with the workers more than experience.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dean & DeLuca in July 2010.

Interview

Behavioral Questions about past experience in sales and food preparation and leadership.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you have to take control of a situation   Answer Question