Debenhams Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 19, 2017

2.8

Customer Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Telephone, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Debenhams (Telephone, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

it was a tele interview lady was nice but was in too hurry asked few questions then said they will ge back in couple of weeks but got email of sorry

Interview Questions

• asked why wanna work for them,what is customer service and forgot 3rd one   Answer Question

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bournemouth, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Debenhams (Bournemouth, England (UK)).

Interview

First I had a telephone interview, which was pretty easy. Then I was accepted for an in store interview, which was quite easy going and the person interviewing me was very nice. I personally thought it went well, and was told I would get a call in the next 2 days telling me if I got the job or not. However they never got back to me, which I thought was very unprofessional, and quite frankly rude. Overall the interview itself was fine, but they definitely seem very unorganised and clearly don't really care all too much about getting back to you.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Debenhams?   1 Answer
    • How does your past experience help you?   1 Answer
    • What do you think the role entails?   1 Answer
    • How do you think customer experience differs here compared to other stores?   1 Answer

Supervisor Interview

Interview

They wanted a manager on the cheap for £7 something. Expected to do return to work, interviews, all holidays, and staff rotas and come in during the week for a handover as a weekend only supervisor for no pay. They wanted a sole responsibility for sale period changeovers meaning the advertised hours would rarely be stuck to.

A rusher interview, they didn't know anything about!

A very different experience from my telephone interview which went positively.

Managers should conduct the phone interview, would have saved me a wasted journey to interview. Should not be outsourced to recruitment centre that don't know anything about the store.

They never got back to me with an answer.

Interview Questions

• How can you manage the shoe department if 9 members were sick?   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Interview

I applied online and got an e-mail telling me to book a telephone interview. The telephone interview was fairly short and asked basic questions such as, "why would you like to work for Debenhams?" and "what do you think this role will involve?" She told me over the phone that I was invited for the group interview and the one on ones, which were both pretty easy.

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Debenhams.

Interview

Had a phone interview and was told on the phone I had gotten onto the 1 to 1 interview the following week. I had the interview with the supervisor of menswear who was extremely nice who told me they'd be in touch the next week. It's been 3 weeks and I have still yet to hear anything which i see as being quite rude.

Human Resources Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I interviewed at Debenhams (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

It was pretty simple they asked me to come in for an interview which took about 30 mins. They said in the interview that they would get back to me whether I was successful or not. Unfortunately i did not hear back from them. So i took it upon myself to email them and did not receive any feedback. I feel like it was not a good interview process at all!! Especially as I was interviewed by two people who worked in HR.

Sales Advisor Christmas Temp Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Debenhams in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online and then had a phone interview which lasted about 10 minutes. The women asked why I wanted to work in debenhams, what is good customer service, and what would the job entail. I was successful with the phone interview and was asked to come in for a group interview and a 1 on 1 interview. In the group interview we started with interviewing the person next to us and then presenting it back to the group. We were the split into small groups and were asked how to engage customers. The 1 on 1 interview had similar questions to the phone interview. They said I would hear back within a week or two so I haven't got an offer yet.

Xmas Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Debenhams (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Started with an ice-breaker, this was each person introducing themselves. Talk about yourself, interesting fact, and what animal would you be and why.

Group sessions:
    In a group you get a list of things you should do while working. As a group you have to find the top 5 (most important) and the least important.

Sales Advisor Christmas Temp Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Debenhams (Manchester, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

I arrived and there was a group interview for about an hour with basic information about the company, and a sheet of few questions which you anwser as a group. It was very easy and more like a friendly chat.

The second wart was an about 25min. interview where they fill in a book with questions, so it was quite a few questions which I didn't really expect. The starting question was tell us about yourself, followed with bunch of questions about duties of the role etc. I thought I did very well until I got an email saying I didn't get it!

When I had my feedback phone call I got told that I seemed more interested in the visual role and not the sales advisor (which I stated that I would only want to progress to and I think is nonsence because the Christmas rolel is only for 2 months anyway!)

Also really get to know the sales advisors duties, because that is something they said I didn't explain in depth enough even thought I named a full list of duties, it wasn't good enough somehow!!!

As an end result the feedback got me frustrated and puzzled why their expectations are so high as the reasons why they didn't employ me doesn't make sense. This is why I rate it difficult and negative. The in store experience was ok.

Sales Advisor Christmas Temp Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dudley, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Debenhams (Dudley, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online, was then contacted for a telephone interview which i was really nervous for but it was really easy and the lady on the phone was super friendly. The telephone interview was just mainly why i want to work in debenhams and what i know about their services etc so just make sure your friendly and confident and talk about their different services (personal shopper, beauty card, make up services etc) passed this and was invited to in store interview! Group interview with other candidates, had to describe the other person and then do a mini presentation, all really easy. Then 1on1 said with manager.