Debenhams Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

120 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Telephone, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Debenhams (Telephone, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

it was a tele interview lady was nice but was in too hurry asked few questions then said they will ge back in couple of weeks but got email of sorry

Interview Questions

• asked why wanna work for them,what is customer service and forgot 3rd one   1 Answer

Sales Advisor Christmas Temp Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Debenhams.

Interview

First I completed an online application, then I got an email to call for a very brief phone interview a few days later. I was successful and invited to a group interview inspire. There was about 12 of us sitting in a circle. First we had to introduce ourselves to the group, then present a product to the group as if we were selling it. It was very informal and the threee interviewers were very nice and friendly. We then got called out 3 at a time to be interviewed 1 on 1 by one of the three interviewers. Got asked questions about availability, told about job should we get it and asked a few questions about customer service. Waiting for a reply to see if I got it

Interview Questions

• What would you describe as good customer serivce?
      What qualities make you suitable for this job?
      Why do you want to work at Debenhams?
      What do you think your role will be as a Christmas Temp?   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Debenhams in November 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview. They took us to the back to get to know eachother then we went out onto the shop floor to get an appropriate item for a certain person and explain why we chose it.

Christmas Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Debenhams.

Interview

Phoned up for an interview, told to expect 2 hours and a group interview, but when we arrived we only had a short one-on-one interview. Simple questions revolving all around customer service and how to put them first. I have yet to hear back on the outcome, hence put that I have not received the position, but I have my fingers crossed!

Interview Questions

• What do you expect the role of a christmas customer assistant to be?   Answer Question

Retail Assistant (Xmas Temp) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Debenhams (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)).

Interview

I gave my CV into the shop at a jobs fair and then I was called a few weeks later to arrange an interview. It was supposed to be a group interview but only 3 other people were coming in for an interview the same day I was so they had to change it to a one-on-one interview.

The interview was extremely simple with just a few basic customer service questions and only took around 10-15 minutes. The interviewer was extremely friendly and it was a very casual interview. They said they would get back to me within the week so I’m hoping to hear from them soon!

Interview Questions

• What kind of tasks do you think will be expected of you for this role?   Answer Question
    • The store gets really busy at Christmas, how would you make shopping at this time of year a pleasant experience for customers?   Answer Question
    • Why do you think you’d be suited for this role?   Answer Question
    • How would you know if a customer needed help?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Interview

I had a telephone interview which took all of 5 minutes which i was not really expecting and have been asked in for a group interview which I am a bit nervous about.

Sales Advisor Christmas Temp Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Debenhams.

Interview

I had a very similar experience to everyone else in terms of applying and interviewing. I also feel that they did a good job of keeping me up to date and staying in contact, even up until letting me know I didn't get the job haha It was a good experience over all. My main bit of advice would be to stay talkative and chatty even when the interview isn't happening as I seemed to go slightly mute beforehand and I think that's partly why I didn't get it even though I was told my answers were all good. I also don't have any previous retail experience so that may have been the other issue.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if the store dies down and you have nothing to do? (not exact wording but you get the point)   1 Answer

Christmas Temp Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Debenhams.

Interview

I complete the online questionnaire and so was sent an email a week later inviting me for a telephone interview. I was quite nervous for this, but the interviewer was really nice and only asked me four simple questions. I was then invited to an interview in store later this month.

Merchandise Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Debenhams (Portsmouth, South East England, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

Job not advertised clearly meant Interview waste of time, questioning hard to answer as job was not right fit. Interview lasted around 10 minutes, Interviewer seemed dismissive after saw job was not right fit.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have   1 Answer

Sales Advisor Christmas Temp Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Debenhams in October 2017.

Interview

I applied to Debenhams online, after one hour I got an email, and I called them back and had a phone interview there and then, consisted of asking a few questions, then was told I passed, had an interview 2 weeks later. During the interview there was 5 of us, and 3 managers. There wasn't a group assessment probably because there was only a few of us, we went to the shop floor straight away for 20 minutes and was told to help customers, then we were told to wait in the staff room to be interviewed, the interview lasted under 10 minutes, questions were asked from a paper and that all, it was a fairly simple process and not too much to stress about once your there, just waiting for their response now