Debenhams Sales Adviser Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Debenhams Sales Adviser Interview Questions

Updated Apr 3, 2017

2.2

Sales Adviser Interview

Interview

Applied online then was give a telephone interview, which was fairly easy and simple, only took about 10 mins. Was told straight away that i was successful and was given a store interview

Interview Questions

• Debenhams competitors and how to learn from them. what makes them different?
    describe a time received bad customer service?
    how this role will fit in with ur future aspirations. plans?
    skills u can bring to the store?
    how would ur colleagues/ customers know when you're stressed?
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Debenhams

Sales Adviser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Debenhams.

Interview

Apply online, then a group interview which consisted of selling a product to the group. this was followed by a face-to-face interview which was a lot more relaxed and just getting to know you.

Sales Adviser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Croydon, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Debenhams (Croydon, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

I had a telephone interview at first. Typical questions , like why debenhams, what does debenhams offer it's customers , then questions about you .
    A couple of days late I received a message saying I'd been successful and I'd have a group interview in a week and to just prepare by looking at the website etc.
    Guys learn the designers and what they sell, the group interview was cool, first we had to make a flowchart of the customers journey in the store ,then we had to match debenhams designers to a person's profile . Then we had to list debenhams competitors and put them in order of whose better or worse .Then we had to seek a random item from a box to the people in the room . After that we then had a one on one interview with , questions like "tell me about yourself" "why debenhams" "give an example of when you've dealt with a difficult customer" " how do your colleagues know you're upset" etc, "how has debenhams changed since the improvement of online technology" ,then I got a call a few days later saying they wanted to offer me a job :D ,

Sales Adviser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Uxbridge, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Debenhams (Uxbridge, England (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

You have a telephone interview which is a piece of cake.
    You are then called in for a group interview if you pass.
    They had a couple of ice breakers eg. they had a list of duties carried out by sales advisers and then we had to prioritise them and have a group discussion.
    Each of us had to write two truths and a lie about ourselves and then guess which other person is lying about what by asking questions.
    Then we had a personal interview.

Sales Adviser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Debenhams in August 2015.

Interview

Waste of time, for a temp job.
    You have to apply, and fill in a long application form (answer questions to see if you fit the job role blah blah blah)
    You'll then get a call, organising a phone interview. They ask you similar questions, and usually tell you if you've succeeded straight away on the phone. You then have to go in for another interview. This consists of a group section (ice breakers, etc, depends how lazy the staff are) and then you go off for a one on one interview. They give you the call, and tell you a date to expect that by, they don't let you know if you haven't succeeded.

Interview Questions

• What will you bring to Debenhams?   1 Answer

Sales Adviser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milton Keynes, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Debenhams (Milton Keynes, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

First is a telephone interview, the questions are pretty simple and similar to those on the online application but I suggest research and keep notes in front of you. Then I was invited for a 1-on-1 interview, which lasted about 45 mins. It was just scenario questions and asking info about your right to work, when you can work etc.

Interview Questions

• How would you make yourself part of the team?   1 Answer

Sales Adviser Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Debenhams (London, England (UK)) in April 2014.

Interview

Easy straight forward online application - Heard back the next day for a phone interview which took around 10 minutes. If passed, the next stage is the group interview consisting of minimum 10 people then a one to one interview. - Heard back within 1 week by telephone.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Debenhams?
      Describe a time when you gave good customer service?
      Describe a time when you drove sales and were you successful?
      Who is your role model and why?
      Name a place that you would like to visit and why?
      Answer Question

Sales Adviser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hemel Hempstead, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Debenhams (Hemel Hempstead, England (UK)) in September 2013.

Interview

Applied online for a christmas temp position, answering simple questions and submitting a CV. Then was called in to the store for a 1 to 1 interview with the manager of the menswear department. Very easy interview with a very relaxed manager. Informal questions and made me feel very comfortable. Standard interview questions, nothing surprising or job specific. Got the job and after christmas was asked to stay on permanently. Ended up staying for a year.

Interview Questions

• Whats your biggest weakness?   1 Answer

Sales Adviser Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Debenhams in July 2010.

Interview

Very laid back

Sales Adviser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Crawley, West Sussex, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Debenhams (Crawley, West Sussex, South East England, England (UK)) in October 2007.

Interview

Standard retail interview, nothing that challenging!

Interview Questions

• What made you choose to apply to Debenhams?   1 Answer