Debenhams Sales Adviser Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Debenhams Sales Adviser Interview Questions

2.3

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Adviser Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Debenhams (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

I submitted my online application on a Wednesday , got an offer for a phone interview the next day - phone interview scheduled for the following Wednesday.

Phone interview (Wednesday - 1 week after online application) lasted 8 minutes including the legal questions they ask you. They do write down your answers so you will have some quiets spots.
Questions included: Why Debenhams? What can you bring to the role? What makes a good team? What would you do if the store was quiet? Name competitors and what can we learn from them? What services do we offer? Why did you want this role?
She then asked me to hold and let me know about a minute later that I passed the interview and would be interviewed in store next. She scheduled a 1-on-1 interview in store the next day. (She also advised me to dress smartly, no trainers, no jeans).

Went into store the next day (Thursday) and the interview lasted about 15 minutes. I was asked all the same questions as above while the interviewer wrote down my answers.
Additional questions: Why this particular store when there are 2 others in this borough? How would your colleagues know you were having a bad day? What would you do to socialise with your colleagues? What is the advantage of having Sales Advisers in store rather than shopping online? Where have you received good/bad customer service?

Received a job offer the next day at 9:30am to start work the next day at 10:00am.
It was training from 10:00am - 3:00pm.

Overall great interview process. Both interviewers were very pleasant and I felt as calm as you can during interviews.
There were more questions than I listed but I can't remember them. I only prepared for about 2 hours overall, looking at their services and Debenhams history and memorising all my answers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't try to negotiate.

Other Interview Reviews for Debenhams

Sales Adviser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Debenhams (Manchester, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

I had such a positive experience. My process took about 4+ weeks. I applied for the job on the 17th April 2017. I had a phone call on the 5th May asking to book in for a telephone interview. I then had my phone interview on the 12th May and immediately was told I was successful and would be put through for an in store interview. My interview came on the 19th May. I really enjoyed my experience at the store and my interview process. I have never had an interview before. The main thing that will help you with getting the job is DOING YOUR RESEARCH!!!! Today is the 20th May and I got the call saying I was successful with getting the job. I am now a Sales Adviser for the children's department and I have my induction on Monday 22nd May. I am excited.

Interview Questions

• Why is it important to dress presentable?   2 Answers
    • How do you know if a customer needs help?   1 Answer
    • What will you be doing besides customer service?   Answer Question

Sales Adviser Interview

Interview

Applied online then was give a telephone interview, which was fairly easy and simple, only took about 10 mins. Was told straight away that i was successful and was given a store interview

Interview Questions

• Debenhams competitors and how to learn from them. what makes them different?
      describe a time received bad customer service?
      how this role will fit in with ur future aspirations. plans?
      skills u can bring to the store?
      how would ur colleagues/ customers know when you're stressed?     Answer Question

Sales Adviser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Debenhams.

Interview

Apply online, then a group interview which consisted of selling a product to the group. this was followed by a face-to-face interview which was a lot more relaxed and just getting to know you.

Sales Adviser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Croydon, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Debenhams (Croydon, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

I had a telephone interview at first. Typical questions , like why debenhams, what does debenhams offer it's customers , then questions about you .
    A couple of days late I received a message saying I'd been successful and I'd have a group interview in a week and to just prepare by looking at the website etc.
    Guys learn the designers and what they sell, the group interview was cool, first we had to make a flowchart of the customers journey in the store ,then we had to match debenhams designers to a person's profile . Then we had to list debenhams competitors and put them in order of whose better or worse .Then we had to seek a random item from a box to the people in the room . After that we then had a one on one interview with , questions like "tell me about yourself" "why debenhams" "give an example of when you've dealt with a difficult customer" " how do your colleagues know you're upset" etc, "how has debenhams changed since the improvement of online technology" ,then I got a call a few days later saying they wanted to offer me a job :D ,

Sales Adviser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Uxbridge, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Debenhams (Uxbridge, England (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

You have a telephone interview which is a piece of cake.
    You are then called in for a group interview if you pass.
    They had a couple of ice breakers eg. they had a list of duties carried out by sales advisers and then we had to prioritise them and have a group discussion.
    Each of us had to write two truths and a lie about ourselves and then guess which other person is lying about what by asking questions.
    Then we had a personal interview.

Sales Adviser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Debenhams in August 2015.

Interview

Waste of time, for a temp job.
    You have to apply, and fill in a long application form (answer questions to see if you fit the job role blah blah blah)
    You'll then get a call, organising a phone interview. They ask you similar questions, and usually tell you if you've succeeded straight away on the phone. You then have to go in for another interview. This consists of a group section (ice breakers, etc, depends how lazy the staff are) and then you go off for a one on one interview. They give you the call, and tell you a date to expect that by, they don't let you know if you haven't succeeded.

Interview Questions

• What will you bring to Debenhams?   1 Answer

Sales Adviser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milton Keynes, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Debenhams (Milton Keynes, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

First is a telephone interview, the questions are pretty simple and similar to those on the online application but I suggest research and keep notes in front of you. Then I was invited for a 1-on-1 interview, which lasted about 45 mins. It was just scenario questions and asking info about your right to work, when you can work etc.

Interview Questions

• How would you make yourself part of the team?   1 Answer

Sales Adviser Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Debenhams (London, England (UK)) in April 2014.

Interview

Easy straight forward online application - Heard back the next day for a phone interview which took around 10 minutes. If passed, the next stage is the group interview consisting of minimum 10 people then a one to one interview. - Heard back within 1 week by telephone.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Debenhams?
      Describe a time when you gave good customer service?
      Describe a time when you drove sales and were you successful?
      Who is your role model and why?
      Name a place that you would like to visit and why?   Answer Question

Sales Adviser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hemel Hempstead, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Debenhams (Hemel Hempstead, England (UK)) in September 2013.

Interview

Applied online for a christmas temp position, answering simple questions and submitting a CV. Then was called in to the store for a 1 to 1 interview with the manager of the menswear department. Very easy interview with a very relaxed manager. Informal questions and made me feel very comfortable. Standard interview questions, nothing surprising or job specific. Got the job and after christmas was asked to stay on permanently. Ended up staying for a year.

Interview Questions

• Whats your biggest weakness?   1 Answer