Debenhams Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Debenhams Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Apr 20, 2017

2.5

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Liverpool, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Debenhams (Liverpool, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied online by completing questionnaire basically about the sales advisor role. Was called about a week later to schedule a telephone interview for the week after. Telephone interview was fine, the woman was lovely. Just make sure you do you research on the role and the company cause that's what the questions are relating to.

She put me on hold after the interview finished then came back an said I'd been successful and invited me for a store interview the following week. I'd read that most people do a group interview but mine was just a really straight forward 1-1 interview with a supervisor and and it was really relaxed lasted about 15 minutes. Similar questions as the telephone interview then she said she'd call me the next day if successful. She actually called 2 days later an offered me the job!:)

Senior Digital Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Debenhams (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Initial phone interview with HR for basic screening
    Design task to redesign a page of the site and to comment on a design
    Face to face meeting with my line manager and her manager

Interview Questions

• What would you improve about the website   1 Answer

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bournemouth, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Debenhams (Bournemouth, England (UK)).

Interview

First I had a telephone interview, which was pretty easy. Then I was accepted for an in store interview, which was quite easy going and the person interviewing me was very nice. I personally thought it went well, and was told I would get a call in the next 2 days telling me if I got the job or not. However they never got back to me, which I thought was very unprofessional, and quite frankly rude. Overall the interview itself was fine, but they definitely seem very unorganised and clearly don't really care all too much about getting back to you.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Debenhams?   1 Answer
    • How does your past experience help you?   1 Answer
    • What do you think the role entails?   1 Answer
    • How do you think customer experience differs here compared to other stores?   1 Answer

Supervisor Interview

Interview

They wanted a manager on the cheap for £7 something. Expected to do return to work, interviews, all holidays, and staff rotas and come in during the week for a handover as a weekend only supervisor for no pay. They wanted a sole responsibility for sale period changeovers meaning the advertised hours would rarely be stuck to.

A rusher interview, they didn't know anything about!

A very different experience from my telephone interview which went positively.

Managers should conduct the phone interview, would have saved me a wasted journey to interview. Should not be outsourced to recruitment centre that don't know anything about the store.

They never got back to me with an answer.

Interview Questions

• How can you manage the shoe department if 9 members were sick?   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Debenhams.

Interview

Had a phone interview and was told on the phone I had gotten onto the 1 to 1 interview the following week. I had the interview with the supervisor of menswear who was extremely nice who told me they'd be in touch the next week. It's been 3 weeks and I have still yet to hear anything which i see as being quite rude.

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Debenhams in March 2017.

Interview

Very friendly, asked to wait in office for a few minutes prior to interview, no trick questions, only what has been suggested on here generally which I found helpful. The lady was friendly and welcoming, interested in the additional skills I had written on my CV and made me feel at ease. I haven't had any word back yet, if I am unsuccessful I will take it as a positive learning experience.

Senior Sales Adviser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Debenhams.

Interview

I applied online and got an e-mail telling me to book a telephone interview. The telephone interview was fairly short and asked basic questions such as, "why would you like to work for Debenhams?" and "what do you think this role will involve?" She told me over the phone that I was invited for the group interview and the one on ones, which were both pretty easy. The one on ine interview asked me about Debenhams competitors and what service Debenhams provides.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work here?
      What do you think the role will involve?
      Who are our competitors?
      What services do we provide?
      How would help a customer that couldn't find what they were looking for in store?
      Answer Question

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Debenhams (London, England (UK)).

Interview

First there was a group interview with very friendly, welcoming store trainers.
    Then 1 to 1 interview.
    Then if your successful you get a call back within a week where they ask you to attend an induction day. Where you have a tour of the store and meet your team etc.
    Then there's till and health and safety training.

Stock Room Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oldham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Debenhams (Oldham, England (UK)).

Interview

Firstly we were called in for a group interview for an hour or so then management called us individually to intreview everyone face to face. Group interview was simple, a few ideas about customer scenarios and talk about previous job roles with a short introduction.
    The individual interview some people found difficult but I found it fairly average and I was told later my interview was one of the best.

Interview Questions

• What do you think your job role will consist of?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for Debenhams?   1 Answer