Debenhams Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Debenhams Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Nov 29, 2017

2.5

348 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Debenhams.

Interview

I had a phone interview where they asked some typical questions, I was then invited to a group interview. There were 5 of us and we had to go onto the shop floor and approach people to see if they needed help, afterwards I had a one on one interview where they asked similar questions to the phone interview. They rang me the next day and offered a job.

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Debenhams.

Interview

First of all there was phone interview. After successfully passing that I was invited to an interview in store which consisted of a basic group interview and one to one.

Christmas Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gravesend, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Debenhams (Gravesend, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online through the Debenhams Careers page, which involved some situational questions and two longer written questions. I was then emailed to invite me to a telephone interview. This was very straightforward; I was asked some more situational questions, and at the end I was informed that I had passed, and I was put on hold for a few minutes while they arranged an interview date. On the day of the in-store interview, I was taken upstairs to the training room and asked some more competency-based questions. I was asked about my availability and what I knew about the role, and I was introduced to the assistant manager. It went very smoothly and took about an hour. The same day, I got a call from the manager to offer me the position, which I accepted. The starting date is in roughly two weeks, and she said there is scope for an offer of longer-term employment after my contract is up. All in all, it was a very quick and straightforward process, and the interviews were enjoyable and informal.

Interview Questions

• How would you make a customer feel special when they come into the store?   1 Answer
    • What skills do you have that would be good for this role?   1 Answer
    • What is Debenhams' aim when someone walks into the store?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Debenhams in November 2017.

Interview

After completing an online application/assessment, I was emailed a couple of days later telling me to phone a HR number to further discuss my application. The phone interview was fairly short, the HR person asked me two questions regarding the job and customer service during the festive period then told me pretty much straight away that I was successful and had achieved a face-to-face interview and scheduled me in for two days later.

After reading other reviews I was pretty prepared for an extensive group interview followed by a one-on-one interview but arriving at the store they were a bit surprised to see me and I was then taken to the back for a 10 minute one-to-one interview with the deputy sales manager. The questions asked were similar to that of the phone interview and it was a fairly relaxed atmosphere.

I was then taken to the shop floor and asked to interact with customers and ask if anyone needed help. I did this for about 10-15 minutes and then the interview was over!

Interview Questions

• How would you define good customer service?   Answer Question
    • What kind of things regarding the job do you think you will have to ask for help from colleagues?   Answer Question
    • What do you think the main role of the Christmas team is?   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Debenhams in November 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview. They took us to the back to get to know eachother then we went out onto the shop floor to get an appropriate item for a certain person and explain why we chose it.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Debenhams in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was emailed a couple of days later asking to call them to discuss my application. He went through the standard questions (availability, etc) to confirm and then asked me 2 competency questions. I was told I passed and booked into a store interview. There were 7 of us and we were split into 2 groups where we did an ice breaker activity (building a tower out of paper). The other group then went onto the shop floor to see how they interacted with customers whilst we stayed for our one to one interviews. She asked me 7 or 8 competency questions which were all fairly easy. Interestingly, I wasn't asked about why I had applied or why Debenhams specifically. The shop floor exercise was awkward to start with because customers either need help, which I couldn't give, or didn't want to talk to me. Nevertheless, the process went quickly despite taking 2 hours and was the most enjoyable group interview that I have ever done. I was called the next day to be offered a position.

Christmas Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Debenhams.

Interview

Phoned up for an interview, told to expect 2 hours and a group interview, but when we arrived we only had a short one-on-one interview. Simple questions revolving all around customer service and how to put them first. I have yet to hear back on the outcome, hence put that I have not received the position, but I have my fingers crossed!

Interview Questions

• What do you expect the role of a christmas customer assistant to be?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Interview

I had a telephone interview which took all of 5 minutes which i was not really expecting and have been asked in for a group interview which I am a bit nervous about.

Xmas Temp Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Debenhams.

Interview

Phone interview was three questions and took about ten minutes. Invited to a group interview three days after phone call. process very quick and easy. flexible times and hours and days

Food Services Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Debenhams.

Interview

Applied online, had telephone interview then a group interview. About 10 of us were in the group, did an ice breaker activity. Then we had to pick an item they sell in restaurant and sell it to the group. Then we had a one on one interview with a store manager. Offered the job within a few days