Decathlon Department Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Decathlon Department Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Decathlon

2.7

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Decathlon (London, England (UK)) in October 2014.

Interview

three interviews in total. First round CV and cover letter selection, then a video interview with HR executive would be expected after a successful selection, final interview was with store manager.

Interview Questions

• What do you think you can bring to the role?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Decathlon

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Decathlon (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in February 2014.

Interview

It was an assessment day. Combination of group based and individual assessments. There was a presentation by the store managers to begin with and then we did some ice breakers. The group work was kind of fun but the 1on1 stuff was quite intense. They really grill you. Only 3 of us (out of about 15) were offered a job. Unfortunately the interview process was far more enjoyable and satisfying than the role. Save yourself the trouble.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if one of your sales assistants was refusing to complete a task you had given him / her?   1 Answer

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Decathlon (Hyderabad (India)) in October 2014.

Interview

A friend referred me to the new store that was coming up. A small phone interview and then invited to attend the Decathlon Recruitment Day next week which had various rounds.

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Decathlon in July 2013.

Interview

sports round followed by GD and then PI

It was not a difficult task at all. The inerviewers were quite friendly. I completely enjoyed my self as I had good competition. But I still think that they can improve the interview process and make it more stringent and professional.

Department Manager Interview

Interview

First of all introduce yourself and talking about why decide to join this company, talking about sport experience, and talking about previous working experience, most importantly talking about what is management, what is my own management style and what style of management do I really fit in, personality really matters.

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in İzmir (Turkey)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Decathlon (İzmir (Turkey)) in August 2012.

Interview

First meeting with the Department Manager to get to know each other
    Second meeting (if you are selected) will become between you and Store Manager
    They will be asking you about previous jobs to get to know you, and second phase you are being asked your relationship between retail business
    The key point is your sports choice
    Whatever you do you have to a sports

Department Manager Interview

Interview

Aim to evaluate how sportsy you are and what your goals are

Interview Questions

• Just questions regarding personal experience and leadership-nothing difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation

They are hard on negotiation

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Decathlon (London, England (UK)) in April 2012.

Interview

Phone interview, followed by attendance at Head Office recruitment day with 8 others. After initial introductions and briefing, we worked individually and in groups, being asked to say what we thought worked well within the store and what didn't work well. 1 week later, job was offered, and I was asked to meet my new boss in Birmingham. After graduation, I started straight away.

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bannerghatta Rd (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Decathlon (Bannerghatta Rd (India)) in January 2013.

Interview

Sports Recruitment Day (SRD) is how Decathlon hires.We were asked to report at 6:45 a.m and the process started on time.
    After initial warm-up,there was an individual sports round where they gave a football and asked us to do something innovative with it.(not just footballing skills).Then we were divided into teams of 6 and asked to innovative a sport with any equipment available and make the other teams play it.
    Finally,we played 5-a-side football for 6 minutes per team.
    The panel consisted of 4 members and the entire process was a let down after having huge expectations from the SRD.It was as if they were not interested.5 ppl were shortlisted from a batch of 17 which was shocking as there were some very strong performers left out.
    There were 4 guys and 1 french girl selected for the interview and the guys stood no chance.She was neither athletic nor was she technically superior to others. It was as if she was already selected and this was conducted just for the sake of it.(The logistic manager who interviewed us and under whom we were supposed to work was also french)Interview was held in the cafeteria :P which goes on to show how much serious they were about this.The whole process was a let down as it was not as much fun as the videos and pics portray it to be and deserving candidates were not selected.

Very biased.Decision was made even before the process started.Then why call others and waste their time.

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Decathlon.

Interview

Recruited through SRD.
    process is of a sport round followed by a interview if you clear the sport round
    check fro sporty ability, team work , and team spirit.
    interview panel observes your performance on the field and votes individually. a min vote of 3/4th is required.
    Exhibit behavior of a team worker , and push yourself in the sport round, and you should be fine.

Interview Questions

• why do you want ot be in decathlon? what do you want to be in 10 years in this company   Answer Question

Negotiation

was made a low ball offer initially, but after telling them that the same would not be feasible a better offer was made.