Deem Interview Questions in Foster City, CA | Glassdoor

Deem Interview Questions in Foster City, CA

3.1

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deem (Foster City, CA).

Interview

I applied online and then was contacted by a recruiter. The phone interview was standard - basic screening questions. Later was scheduled an onsite interview with executive level manager and hiring manager. The executive level manager was sick, so I had to do a conference call with him. The recruiter seemed really friendly at first. But after the interview with the hiring manager, the recruiter's tone changed from friendly to a bit standoffish. Also, the hiring manager did not seem eager to do the interview, whether it be she was tired (as she mentioned during the interview) or she didn't like me. There was one part of the interview when she talked about the history of the company and how morale has changed since a previous lay-off, so I do respect and appreciate her honesty and openness about the company.

Everyone that I came in contact with (from other departments) seemed to be very nice and helpful. When I was standing in the lobby, at least 3 employees came and asked if I needed help or wanted some water.

The recruiter mentioned that they would make a final decision the following week and she would let me know. I never heard from the recruiter again despite my follow-up emails.

Interview Questions

• On a scale of 1 to 10, what is your level of OCD?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deem (Foster City, CA).

Interview

Initial phone interview with recruiter and hiring manager totaled about 45 minutes. In person interview was about 5-6 hours. Interviewed by 6 people one after the others. Not a panel interview. Questions were specific to the role. Everyone seemed genuinely nice and very knowledgeable in their own areas of expertise.

Interview Questions

• No unusual or difficult questions Pretty standard technical questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I got a very good offer and accepted it without counter-offering.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Deem (Foster City, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

They really like to drag you along with a carrot on a rope. I was part of a group interview session, and I have since spoken with others that interviewed with me that day and their experiences were similar. One candidate never received a response positive/negative afterwards. And me and two others were told that we were their top choice and they indicated they were just waiting for the CTO to make an offer. Eight weeks later I was finally informed that they are "restructuring" and are no longer accepting candidates.

My recommendation, don't waste your time with this company, as they will surely waste yours.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deem (Foster City, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Started with a phone call and later invited for onsite interview. I was interviewed by five folks for 5hrs, each covering various area of work, mainly search engine related, algorithmic, data structure, java coding problems etc, but they rejected me in spite of doing very well and answering everything.

Uxe Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deem (Foster City, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

Talk to HR, then to Hiring Manager, then to large group. It wasn't difficult, but it seems it could have been set up better. The "personality check" for culture was with a person who had nothing to do with my job or function.

Interview Questions

• How does your process work?   1 Answer

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deem (Foster City, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

Two 5 hour interviews. Met multiple people. Tons of difficult questions. Recruiters were straightforward and honest.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deem (Foster City, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Get referred by a friend inside the company, so recruiter contact me directly and it is very quick. Get a small java program as a test one morning, not hard. Then, two days later a hiring manager called and chat and invite me to get on-site interview.

The interview lasts for 6 hour 12:30-6:30. Everyone seems nice and technical savvy, nothing really hard, a lot of design related question. I did so-so in my own opinion. Two days later, the recruiter call back said the hiring manager wants to give me an offer.

Every thing normal until then. The salary is OK, but no bonus at the company, so it is not as high as I currently earned. I tried to determine how much the option worth and the hr/recruiter refuse to let me know what is the total out standing share.. which I think is weird. Since there is no way there is any helpful for me to determine the stock option value, the recruiter said she will have someone else to talk to me, but the other people basically repeat the same thing "your option price is low, I can't disclose the outstanding share or whatever related information". Then, 3 hours later, the recruiter called back and said they decide to withdraw the offer. She said "we look for someone love the technology and company here, it seems you just interested at the option and compensation".

So, I don't think the option will worth too much. And if you try to negotiate, they will withdraw your offer! That is definite an experience for me!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Deem (Foster City, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

1. 1:1 interview with hiring manager. Pretty standard Java and SQL questions.
    2. 4 rounds of technical interviews at their office. All engineers kept on asking similar questions (standard Java questions, few programming questions, SQL questions). I answered almost all of the questions (except for an Oracle advanced question) in all 4 rounds.
    3. 1 1:1 round with hiring manager.
    So overall a good experience, answered everything.
    Result: The recruiters NEVER got back and NEVER replied back to my follow up emails. This is heights of unprofessional behavior. No emails too. Can you imagine that!!

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deem (Foster City, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

The recruiter is very professional and act very fast. They are nice people, too. The interview took almost one day. They had various people in different roles talking to me in different sections. Some sections are only 1 person, some sections had several people. They are nice people, too.

Interview Questions

• how to meet the schedule of your assignment when you already know it is impossible.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Deem (Foster City, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

The interviewing process started with a phone screen with a senior level engineer then within a few days to an on-site interview. The on-site interview consisted of 5 individuals which questions and assessed my skills for approximately 3.5-4 hours. They were thorough adding in product managers, directors, engineers and finally the VP that hired me. I enjoyed the interviewing process overall, decent challenging questions and no pretentious attitudes.

Interview Questions

• How will your skills in programming fit in and benefit Rearden?   Answer Question

Negotiation

This company usually comes with a pretty strong offer and doesnt negotiate much, and it seems the norm after speaking with others that were soon hired after me.