Defense Contract Audit Agency DCAA Auditor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Defense Contract Audit Agency DCAA Auditor Interview Questions

2.3

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

DCAA Auditor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Defense Contract Audit Agency in November 2016.

Interview

Via telephone, 3 people, asked 8 "situational type" questions, then opened it up for my questions, lasted about one hour, I got the feeling that the interview questions were the same for everyone because the panel did not give any feedback.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the DCAA, what do you know about job costing, what are pros and cons of working with a team, describe your strengths and weaknesses, tell us what you know about audit planning and risk assessment.   165 Answers

DCAA Auditor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Defense Contract Audit Agency.

Interview

Telephone interview with DCAA Auditor and Supervisor, did not meet with management because I did not live in the city where the job was located. That was the only interview. The interview consisted of general accounting and auditing questions. The process was different than an interview with a non-government entity. There were no situational questions.

DCAA Auditor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Defense Contract Audit Agency in May 2014.

Interview

The interview process was standard interview questions that you would have on a regular job interview. There were two individuals there to handle the interview and they were very nice about the whole thing. I felt a little nervous at first; but as the interview went on...it was a nice experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to deal with a difficult person?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Defense Contract Audit Agency (San Diego, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

The process was fairly easy. A bit lengthy from when the application was submitted to when the offer letter was sent. After acceptance to interview. There was a phone interview. Then lastly, there was an in person Interview. From the in-person interview to the offer letter was sent out there was about a 45 day wait. After acceptance then there was fingerprints and background check to be done.

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Defense Contract Audit Agency (Detroit, MI) in May 2011.

Interview

Applied on USAJOBS.gov at the end of Nov 2010 and received a call for an interview mid May 2011. Between that time, I received 2 emails (Dec 10 & Apr 11) asking if I was still "interested" in the position.

Interview was with 2 audit branch managers and 1 audit supervisor, all at the same time. Each person asked a questions from a list of stock behavioral interview questions. Tell me a time when....; what is your writing style.... etc, etc.

The people interviewing me have worked for the government for many years (ie. 20+ years). I asked what was the turnover rate, and they said next to none. If someone had left, it was because they switched agencies, like becoming an IRS agent, or something of the sort. This proved my hypothesis that once you land a federal job, you stay put.

Very laxed interview. I was running late to the interview, about 20 min late, and they seemed to be a-ok with it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Since I was eligible for the GS 11/12 position, in the interview they said that if I could possibly start at the GS12 or GS11, at a step 6 or 7, or something of the sort. I ended up getting the GS-12.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pinellas Park, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Defense Contract Audit Agency (Pinellas Park, FL) in May 2009.

Interview

Interviewed at DCAA just out college while still in the Reserves. Had one telephone interview/introduction then came to the office in Pinellas Park for face to face. Interviewed with branch manager. The interviewer talked a lot about DCAA and emphasized it was a great place to work. He admitted the salaries were low to start ($30k depending on area) but entry-level auditors can go from GS-5/7 to GS-11 quickly. He asked me about specific courses taken in college and grades. (I have a B.S. Accounting, 3.11 GPA) He gave me a general accounting scenario and asked me a few audit-specific questions. He asked me about my military service and whether I had a clearance and talked about how long the process can take. At the end of the interview he informed me they had already made an offer to another candidate and that they had an opportunity in Orlando if I was interested. I declined as it is beyond normal commuting distance. He did email the next day and apologized for the situation and was complimentary. I wrote him a very polite letter of thanks.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Defense Contract Audit Agency (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2009.

Interview

Apply through USA Jobs or through campus interview programs

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. Interviews are straightforward.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You are unable to negotiate. You will be hired at the GS scale you applied under.

DCAA Auditor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Defense Contract Audit Agency.

Interview

I only had one interview. There were three people doing the interview and they read from scripted questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. You're slotted into either GS-7 or GS-9 pay to start.

DCAA Auditor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Defense Contract Audit Agency.

Interview

I really didn't interview. I worked for a defense contractor and they pretty much didn't ask me any questions.

Interview Questions

• I was only asked what my favorite accounting class was.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. You are hired in as a GS 7, 9, 11 or 12 based on your education and experience.