Defense Contract Audit Agency Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Defense Contract Audit Agency Interview Questions

Updated Aug 9, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Defense Contract Audit Agency (Baltimore, MD) in January 2017.

Interview

video interview / won't get an answer until hiring freeze is lifted. said could be months. wasn't sure about how the fund would be for Atlanta training you may have to pay for transportation then they'll reimburst you. i was left with a lot of un answer questions.

Interview Questions

• what is risk assessment & experience in risk assessment?
      What is audit planing?
      What is costing and your experience with cost accounting?
      tell me about your self
      what do you know about dcaa?   192 Answers

DCAA Auditor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Defense Contract Audit Agency in November 2016.

Interview

Via telephone, 3 people, asked 8 "situational type" questions, then opened it up for my questions, lasted about one hour, I got the feeling that the interview questions were the same for everyone because the panel did not give any feedback.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the DCAA, what do you know about job costing, what are pros and cons of working with a team, describe your strengths and weaknesses, tell us what you know about audit planning and risk assessment.   165 Answers

Auditor Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Defense Contract Audit Agency in July 2016.

Interview

Had a SKYPE over-the-phone interview with 3 hiring managers. Atmosphere on the other end was very cordial, friendly and easy-going. I applied 2 months ago and finally an email appeared requesting an interview time.

DCAA Auditor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Defense Contract Audit Agency.

Interview

Telephone interview with DCAA Auditor and Supervisor, did not meet with management because I did not live in the city where the job was located. That was the only interview. The interview consisted of general accounting and auditing questions. The process was different than an interview with a non-government entity. There were no situational questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Defense Contract Audit Agency (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

applied at usajobs.gov about 2 weeks after invited to an interview
    couple days after I got a phone call with a positive comment but have not heard from them ever since.
    Job is disposed unfortunately

Interview Questions

• what is your strength?
      what do you think is the most important in job?
      what is auditing?
      Tell me about your self   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Battle Creek, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Defense Contract Audit Agency (Battle Creek, MI) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied and got a call for an interview within a few weeks. None of the questions were accounting type. The questions were situational such as "tell us a time when you had to work as a team to overcome an obstacle..."

Interview Questions

• How you you prioritize your work when you have conflicts?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Defense Contract Audit Agency (Reston, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online via USAJOBS. After 2-3 months of submitting application I got interview. It was Phone interview. Most of the interview questions were behavior and situational questions. The interviewer was very nice and understanding.

Files Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Defense Contract Audit Agency (Marietta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

Files clerk would process all paper personnel files to electronic files. I was interviewed by two apprentice human resource specialists. They had printed interview questions and wrote down my responses. They were not very specific until I began to ask pointed questions about where would the office be and work schedule.

Interview Questions

• Would I be able to work alone most of the time.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Defense Contract Audit Agency (Huntington Beach, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online via usajobs.com near the end of the application window, so I received a call within a week to schedule an in-person interview. I was interviewed by two people (both Supervisors). There was a little chit-chat, but mostly it was down to business, going over the HR Pre-Approved Interview Questions. It was cordial, not stressful, and pretty short. It was so pleasant I have no idea how well I actually did. They told me during the interview that it would be 1-2 months before I hear anything due to lengthy government processes.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were directly from the online questionnaire you complete during the application process. I wish I had known that beforehand so I had quicker, more direct responses to the questions, each with new and varying examples. They were so repetitive that it was a little hard during the interview to come up with new examples on the fly and avoid saying the same types of things over and over again.   Answer Question

Human Resources Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shirley, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Defense Contract Audit Agency (Shirley, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

Supervisor called me at home and we talked about the job and I answered her questions for about 15 minutes. She emphasized the importance of being willing to meet with the applicants at home and to bring them to interviews in our own cars. This was not acceptable to me.

Interview Questions

• What type of salary are you looking for?   1 Answer

Needing to meet at applicant's home and drive them to interviews was not acceptable to me.