Defense Contract Management Agency Quality Assurance Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2019

To filter interviews, or .
Found 14 of over 60 interviews

Staffing Agency7%
2.7
HardAverageEasy

Defense Contract Management Agency

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Defense Contract Management Agency

Interview

Applied on usajob.gov, answered all the basic government interview questionnaires. During interview answered typical questions, i.e why are you interested in DCMA/federal government. Basic personality questions. Did not ask an technical questions. Took a few months to get the offer letter due to the federal hiring process.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Defense Contract Management Agency (New York, NY) in Feb 2019

Interview

This is the most helpful information you will receive regarding the DCMA hiring/onboarding process. Please flag it as helpful if you agree! 1. BE AWARE that you may need a security clearance. If you do, this means you’d better have good credit, no arrest records, no nefarious associations, etc., especially in the last 7 years or so. Don’t think you can lie about it. There WILL BE an investigation and the investigators are trained to develop what can be developed. Don’t waste people’s time. College students especially get surprised when they find out “drug experimentation” isn’t experimentation after they did it several times. ABOVE ALL, DON’T LIE ON THE SF86. You’ll be filling it out again years later and if there’s inconsistencies, you’ll be in an uncomfortable position at the very least. 2. Do yourself a big favor and search for the clearancejobsblog website. Read the posts to learn what kinds of issues people experience with the clearance process. 3. If you still intend to apply, the initial interview is done over the telephone. You will be asked questions by a panel of persons. You have 30 minutes and about 5 or 6 questions to answer. You may ask for a question to be repeated, but there will be no clarifications given. After you answer each question fully, indicate that you are finished with your answer. 4. The interview questions I was asked were completely different from those previously posted. Be prepared to answer any kind of question pertaining to your job duties, experience and work habits. 5. If you interview well and are selected for the next steps, be advised: a. If your position requires you to obtain and maintain a security clearance, you will be asked to submit fingerprints and fill out a SF86. b. Regarding fingerprints, I advise you to get them submitted via Livescan, and you can do this at an Army recruiter. Ask your contact about this as soon as they tell you to go get them done, and ask for codes to submit the prints to the DoD. I got inked prints from a local police station and sent them off (at cost to me) only to find out weeks later they were “unclassifiable”. c. Regarding the SF86, it is completed electronically. Not bad for a big, multi-page form. Get your info together- passport, transcripts, any moving violation records, family member contact info, etc etc etc. For me, this was the worst part of the whole process but all in all, not so bad. 6. After you get your prints and the SF86 submitted, they look for any obvious disqualifiers. This may take 2-4 months. YES, MONTHS. If you don’t look like a baddie, you may get a waiver or “interim clearance” to complete onboarding and come start your job. NOTE: My experience involved being contacted mid-week by a person informing me I was granted a waiver and that I was wanted to start work Monday of the NEXT WEEK. ??? Like no one is expected to give 2-weeks’ notice to their present/previous job??? 7. If you say, “Yes, DCMA, I will abandon my employer ‘cos they don’t deserve me anyway” and report, you may expect a year or more until you get your clearance. That is, IF you were honest and had no issues develop or could explain them satisfactorily. If not, you’ll get fired for due cause. Remember, if you don’t have a clearance for a job that requires it, you’re not qualified! 8. BONUS INFO for reading all the way through: CBD is still classified as a Schedule I drug by the Feds. Yes, I know it’s sold in every gas station and drug store, but if you apply for a Fed job, you have to quit using it. Stop whining. Don’t lie about it, either. GOOD LUCK!!!

Interview Questions
  • Describe three kinds of testing or measurement equipment you used and what it measured.
    1 Answer
4 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Defense Contract Management Agency (Boston, MA) in Jan 2019

Interview

6 questions, make sure to respond with "end of question" after providing answer. It is good to take your time and answer questions thoroughly. Review other interview questions on glassdoor to prepare. They are pretty accurate. Ask your questions at the end of interview.

Interview Questions
  • Do you have experience using Quality Management Systems such as ISO9001 or AS19001B?

Anonymous Employee in MISSING VALUE

Application

Interview

They contact you by email to make sure you submit every document they need. After you submit everything they called me and emailed me to let me know the time and day for the interview. After the interview, a month later they gave me the job and started 2 or 3 weeks later. I assume the month delay was due to the security clearance.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work with DCMA (Defense Contract Management Agency)?
  • If you ever have a problem with another employee or your supervisor, how would you manage it?
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Defense Contract Management Agency (Colorado Springs, CO) in Feb 2017

Interview

The people I interviewed with were outstanding however the hiring freeze happened. The questions were clear concise and they allowed me to ask relevant questions at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Defense Contract Management Agency (Greenville, SC) in Feb 2017

Interview

HR called and set up a time for a phone interview. Before the start of the interview, the rules of engagement were explained. A question was asked, I give a response and then I tell them I am done with my answer. Three interviewers asked three questions each. They seem to be all experienced based and were geared towards the KSA's in the job description.

Interview Questions
  • Explain how you handle disagreements between you, a co-worker or supervisor.
1 person found this interview helpful

Defense Contract Management Agency

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Defense Contract Management Agency

Interview

Applied for the position on USAJOBS two months before receiving a call from the hiring manager. Brief conversation to set up an appropriate time for an phone interview; scheduled three days thereafter. Interview consist of three QAS. Each one asked two questions, followed by me answering each question, then stating I was finished. When the 6 question were answered, I was given an opportunity to ask questions. Shortly after the call was over.

Interview Questions
  • In a contractual environments, what type of tools would you use to gauge the condition and give an example?
7 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Defense Contract Management Agency (Tokyo)

Interview

Applied thru USAjobs on 31May, got my first correspondence on email Mid July the following day I had the telephonic panel interview with 4 interviewer 9 questions asked. All question is about how I work with team....

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Tobyhanna, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Defense Contract Management Agency (Tobyhanna, PA) in Jul 2016

Interview

Lame, scripted. The selecting official could barely read. Unattractive, poorly dressed greedy feds. One manager was wearing dirty jeans. The female supv dropped the F word during the interview

Interview Questions
  • How would you best serve the lt colonel?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Decatur, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Defense Contract Management Agency (Decatur, AL) in Feb 2016

Interview

Applied in January 2016. Got a call from HR in the middle of February, interviewed the next week. Interview was a over the phone with a panel of 3. Questions were asked by the lead interviewer. The other panel members listened in and all took notes on my answers. I was told at the beginning that there would be 6 questions. Questions were mainly experienced based. Received notification 3 weeks later.

Interview Questions
  • Describe your experience developing and working with a quality assurance surveillance plan.
6 people found this interview helpful