Defense Contract Management Agency Quality Assurance Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Quality Assurance Specialist

Interviews at Defense Contract Management Agency

2.8

Quality Assurance Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Defense Contract Management Agency.

Interview

The interview process is a short one according to your responses and experience. It is important that you be very clear and concise in your responses as the interview will be telephonic with the interview team being located around the country. While the line is generally clear, it is a good chance someone will have a bad connection.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were difficult, however, it was unexpected when one of the interviewers very unprofessionally and sharply stated that I must let the board know when I finished answering a question. This instruction was not provided at the beginning of the interview process.   Answer Question

Negotiation

As this is a Department of Defense position, all the parameters of the position are defined in the Job announcement on USAJOBS, therefore, there is not much negotiation other than possibly a little wiggle room on salary.

Other Interview Reviews for Defense Contract Management Agency

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Defense Contract Management Agency (Chicago, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

Call telephone number provided at the interview time selected
    Greetings are performed
    Instructions of the interview are stated
    5 panel interview board introduced
    Professional interview, not laid back and talking as if we were friends
    question asked, you respond and (state that you are done answering the question)
    Panel ask for clarifications to your responses if necessary
    call is concluded

Interview Questions

• Question gaged to access how well you work as a team member.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Defense Contract Management Agency (Boston, MA).

Interview

Inital communication was through email which set up a phone interview. I never actually met anyone from DCMA in person.
    The phone interview was unusual. It consisted of 5 questions, and no back-and-forth between myself and the panel I was speaking to. They asked a question, I answered and told them I was done, and then they would ask the next question.

Interview Questions

• Questions varied from very general to very specific. If you know your stuff, it should be no problem.   1 Answer

Quality Assurance Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Defense Contract Management Agency.

Interview

Applied online at for a hiring event. Got a call back within a few weeks. Interviewed on the phone. It last 30 minutes. Alot of generic questions, like how work well with others. And how did you resolve a problem at work. Then got an offer through email. Then the Waiting game began. This position requires a security clearance, therefore, I didnt start till 6 months!!

Interview Questions

• There was a question about an issue at work, and how did you go about solving it. And another question about my knowledge of ISO 9001/9002   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Defense Contract Management Agency (New York, NY) in February 2019.

Interview

This is the most helpful information you will receive regarding the DCMA hiring/onboarding process. Please flag it as helpful if you agree!
    1. BE AWARE that you may need a security clearance. If you do, this means you’d better have good credit, no arrest records, no nefarious associations, etc., especially in the last 7 years or so. Don’t think you can lie about it. There WILL BE an investigation and the investigators are trained to develop what can be developed. Don’t waste people’s time. College students especially get surprised when they find out “drug experimentation” isn’t experimentation after they did it several times. ABOVE ALL, DON’T LIE ON THE SF86. You’ll be filling it out again years later and if there’s inconsistencies, you’ll be in an uncomfortable position at the very least.
    2. Do yourself a big favor and search for the clearancejobsblog website. Read the posts to learn what kinds of issues people experience with the clearance process.
    3. If you still intend to apply, the initial interview is done over the telephone. You will be asked questions by a panel of persons. You have 30 minutes and about 5 or 6 questions to answer. You may ask for a question to be repeated, but there will be no clarifications given. After you answer each question fully, indicate that you are finished with your answer.
    4. The interview questions I was asked were completely different from those previously posted. Be prepared to answer any kind of question pertaining to your job duties, experience and work habits.
    5. If you interview well and are selected for the next steps, be advised:
    a. If your position requires you to obtain and maintain a security clearance, you will be asked to submit fingerprints and fill out a SF86.
    b. Regarding fingerprints, I advise you to get them submitted via Livescan, and you can do this at an Army recruiter. Ask your contact about this as soon as they tell you to go get them done, and ask for codes to submit the prints to the DoD. I got inked prints from a local police station and sent them off (at cost to me) only to find out weeks later they were “unclassifiable”.
    c. Regarding the SF86, it is completed electronically. Not bad for a big, multi-page form. Get your info together- passport, transcripts, any moving violation records, family member contact info, etc etc etc. For me, this was the worst part of the whole process but all in all, not so bad.
    6. After you get your prints and the SF86 submitted, they look for any obvious disqualifiers. This may take 2-4 months. YES, MONTHS. If you don’t look like a baddie, you may get a waiver or “interim clearance” to complete onboarding and come start your job. NOTE: My experience involved being contacted mid-week by a person informing me I was granted a waiver and that I was wanted to start work Monday of the NEXT WEEK. ??? Like no one is expected to give 2-weeks’ notice to their present/previous job???
    7. If you say, “Yes, DCMA, I will abandon my employer ‘cos they don’t deserve me anyway” and report, you may expect a year or more until you get your clearance. That is, IF you were honest and had no issues develop or could explain them satisfactorily. If not, you’ll get fired for due cause. Remember, if you don’t have a clearance for a job that requires it, you’re not qualified!
    8. BONUS INFO for reading all the way through: CBD is still classified as a Schedule I drug by the Feds. Yes, I know it’s sold in every gas station and drug store, but if you apply for a Fed job, you have to quit using it. Stop whining. Don’t lie about it, either.
    GOOD LUCK!!!

Interview Questions

• Describe three kinds of testing or measurement equipment you used and what it measured.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There's little negotiation. Pay grades are a salary range and your experience largely determines what grade you fit into.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Defense Contract Management Agency (Greenville, SC) in February 2017.

Interview

HR called and set up a time for a phone interview. Before the start of the interview, the rules of engagement were explained. A question was asked, I give a response and then I tell them I am done with my answer. Three interviewers asked three questions each. They seem to be all experienced based and were geared towards the KSA's in the job description.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you handle disagreements between you, a co-worker or supervisor.   1 Answer

Quality Assurance Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Defense Contract Management Agency.

Interview

Applied on usajob.gov, answered all the basic government interview questionnaires. During interview answered typical questions, i.e why are you interested in DCMA/federal government. Basic personality questions. Did not ask an technical questions. Took a few months to get the offer letter due to the federal hiring process.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Defense Contract Management Agency (Boston, MA) in January 2019.

Interview

6 questions, make sure to respond with "end of question" after providing answer. It is good to take your time and answer questions thoroughly. Review other interview questions on glassdoor to prepare. They are pretty accurate. Ask your questions at the end of interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience using Quality Management Systems such as ISO9001 or AS19001B?   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Defense Contract Management Agency.

Interview

Applied for the position on USAJOBS two months before receiving a call from the hiring manager. Brief conversation to set up an appropriate time for an phone interview; scheduled three days thereafter.

Interview consist of three QAS. Each one asked two questions, followed by me answering each question, then stating I was finished. When the 6 question were answered, I was given an opportunity to ask questions. Shortly after the call was over.

Interview Questions

• In a contractual environments, what type of tools would you use to gauge the condition and give an example?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Decatur, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Defense Contract Management Agency (Decatur, AL) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied in January 2016. Got a call from HR in the middle of February, interviewed the next week. Interview was a over the phone with a panel of 3. Questions were asked by the lead interviewer. The other panel members listened in and all took notes on my answers. I was told at the beginning that there would be 6 questions. Questions were mainly experienced based. Received notification 3 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience developing and working with a quality assurance surveillance plan.   1 Answer