Delft University of Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 15, 2017

2.6

PhD Position In Electrical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Delft University of Technology (Chicago, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

Submitted application, then selected for Skype interview. 1-hour Skype interview in which I had to present my research experience and my ambitions towards the project on which I would be working.

Researcher Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Delft University of Technology in April 2013.

Interview

I have heard about the position via my network. I gave a presentation in front of the research group, with 3 follow up interviews with group leaders. The interviews were with head of the department (mostly over teaching responsibilities), lead professor (over research perspectives) and one young assistant professor (about running and possible collaborations).

Interview Questions

• What is your research profile? What funding opportunities you plan to take? Will you do teaching?Do you know that we expect 50% of your time to spend on teaching and supervision?   Answer Question

Negotiation

HR did not even ask me to negotiaate salary. Very unprofessional HR.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Delft University of Technology.

Interview

I had one interview session with the work-package leaders. They asked me about my life as an expat in the Netherlands. In particular, they wanted to assure that I would stay here. They also want to be sure that i can handle a family life along with my PhD research. I was working for this project before applying for the PhD, therefore, they did not go through my technical skills.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my purpose of doing a PhD and a few questions about related to the project.   1 Answer

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Delft University of Technology in January 2017.

Interview

it is nice and clear, but long. I present myself for 20 minute. I made them interested. they were so nice keen and curious. they asked me in detail, math of my work but it's easy to show them the honesty of my work as i worked a lot on it.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Delft (Netherlands)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Delft University of Technology (Delft (Netherlands)) in June 2016.

Interview

- Interview was about 10 minutes, very informal.
    - You don't have to wear a suit, a nice shirt will suffice.
    - They don't ask any technical questions, most questions are behavioral, questions like: what would you do if... etc.
    - They may sometimes ask questions about your CV or grades.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a student who is not working during project hours but who is always on facebook or playing on his phone?   Answer Question

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Delft (Netherlands)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Delft University of Technology (Delft (Netherlands)) in September 2015.

Interview

During a cup of coffee with the Director and a current colleague, I was asked about my background. Also the position and the work was discussed. I added my ideas and we made a plan how to approach my work. This was all done within 30 minutes and I was accepted for the job.

Interview Questions

• My story behind my cv (many different study backgrounds)   1 Answer

Postdoctoraal Onderzoeker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Delft (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Delft University of Technology (Delft (Netherlands)) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview was very informal. I met the senior researcher interested in hiring me and we chat about what I liked about his previous research and how I could contribute to his group. There was no negotiation regarding salary, I understand that it is regulated at the university level as a function of the number of years of postdoctoral experience.

PhD Interview

Interview

A normal interview where I had to give presentation of my master thesis to two professors and two post-docs of the group. The presentation lasted only 30 minutes. After it, they asked some general questions. Their question were mostly about my presentation and my cv. All in all, it was an expected process.

PDeng Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Delft (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Delft University of Technology (Delft (Netherlands)) in April 2014.

Interview

1. Online application: CV, motivation letter (1 page)
    2. One or two interview, depending on needs.
    Usually the process is proceeded quickly. A friend of mine only took a week from interview invitation to admission announcement.

Interview Questions

• What obstacles have you met in your previous experience?
      What do you expect yourself to be in five years?
      What is your work content?
      What design method do you use?
      Answer Question

PDeng Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Delft University of Technology.

Interview

focussed on team work and fit with other batch mates