Delft University of Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 14, 2017

2.7

PhD Position In Electrical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Delft University of Technology (Chicago, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

Submitted application, then selected for Skype interview. 1-hour Skype interview in which I had to present my research experience and my ambitions towards the project on which I would be working.

Researcher Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Delft University of Technology in April 2013.

Interview

I have heard about the position via my network. I gave a presentation in front of the research group, with 3 follow up interviews with group leaders. The interviews were with head of the department (mostly over teaching responsibilities), lead professor (over research perspectives) and one young assistant professor (about running and possible collaborations).

Interview Questions

• What is your research profile? What funding opportunities you plan to take? Will you do teaching?Do you know that we expect 50% of your time to spend on teaching and supervision?   Answer Question

Negotiation

HR did not even ask me to negotiaate salary. Very unprofessional HR.

PhD Candidate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Delft University of Technology.

Interview

Application
    I applied online. The process took about 2 months. I had both Skype and in-person interview at Delft University of Technology
    Interview Questions

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions. During the in-person interview I also presented my master thesis.   Answer Question

PhD Candidate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Delft (Netherlands)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Delft University of Technology (Delft (Netherlands)).

Interview

Sent application to Section head with Resume and a prior thesis work.
    Meeting with Section head in their office.
    Introduction to the research group for about 1 hour. afterwards got a tour around the campus.
    Introduction to project.
    An offer was made on the same day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me details about previous project work you completed.   Answer Question
    • What was your main challenge during your previous project work   Answer Question

PhD Candidate Interview

Interview

You should apply for an existing job offers (can be found of the website of the university or on the web at academictransfer, for example) and be good at interview. Normally they invite for 1-1 interview to the location and will pay all related costs.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Delft University of Technology.

Interview

I had one interview session with the work-package leaders. They asked me about my life as an expat in the Netherlands. In particular, they wanted to assure that I would stay here. They also want to be sure that i can handle a family life along with my PhD research. I was working for this project before applying for the PhD, therefore, they did not go through my technical skills.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my purpose of doing a PhD and a few questions about related to the project.   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Delft University of Technology in January 2017.

Interview

it is nice and clear, but long. I present myself for 20 minute. I made them interested. they were so nice keen and curious. they asked me in detail, math of my work but it's easy to show them the honesty of my work as i worked a lot on it.

PhD Candidate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Delft University of Technology in November 2016.

Interview

Setup a personal inteview with the head of the research group. We had a great discussion about my previous research work, my expperiences at the companies I have been in as intern, the work I have done and how those qualities can be used in this project. Then more about the personal stuff, skills and qualities to succeed as PhD etc etc.

PostDoc researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Delft (Netherlands)

Application

I interviewed at Delft University of Technology (Delft (Netherlands)) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview took three times. The first two times were the online interview and we wre talking about my previous investigation with supervisor and the cooperation partner and the last time is on-site interview and I show a presentation to the groups of the target department

Interview Questions

• Questions regarding to my previous research in detail.   1 Answer

Researcher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Delft University of Technology in July 2016.

Interview

First interview with 3 people. Was a 1 hour Skype interview. It went well, I was asked questions by all members and they were all constructive and regarding my background and how my background fits in the job description.

Interview Questions

• Why TU Delft? What are your weaknesses? Questions related to my CV.   Answer Question

The project was not exactly what I wanted.