Dell Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 23, 2017

3.2

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell (São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)) in July 2011.

Interview

It was shorter than I expected. A foreign executive, the hiring manager was in town and that expedited the HR screening phase. It was broad and somewhat general on the HR phase, but very accurate and related to the job on the executive phase. Only complain was the HR mentioned I was being evaluated for an Account Executive III position but, when the offer came, it turned into an Account Executive II position

Interview Questions

• how would you startup this business you're applying to in this territory?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Dell

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dell (San Jose, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

7 interviews

Interview Questions

• How would you sell enterprise, mobility, software, and services to customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Dell (Hyderabad (India)) in November 2012.

Interview

The first round was wasy and the HR made me feel comfortable but then in the second round with a manager,I was literally into tears. He was rude to me adnd don't know for what reason.As soon as he told me that he cannot continue this interview any further,I took a deep breath and said to myself THANK GOD and left. I think he din't like the idea that I was pursuing MBA at that time. I could see the change in his expression when I told him this. Worst experience ever! :(

Interview Questions

• Do you believe in hard work or smart work?   3 Answers

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell in August 2008.

Interview

2 x panel interviews with 3 internal sales managers

Interview Questions

• What do you believe Dell's unique value proposition is?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dell in October 2010.

Interview

Several months to get from start to finish. First did a pre-screening interview which was in effect a screening session. Next interviewed with a regional sales mgr. who would become my boss. Next flew to Austin HQ and interviewed with 5 people over the course of a day. Met with 2 Hr people for first interviews, Simple, personality and generic type questions. Then met with senior level mgr. for tougher interivew. Then met with insides sales mgr. and vp level for most challgengin interviews.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a customer who is upset with the performance of the company you work for when that company is clearly at fault in a one on one setting where you are clearly the representative for that company and the customer is berrating you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I accepted first offer and would now recommend that others negotiate.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rome (Italy)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Dell (Rome (Italy)) in June 2017.

Interview

- start with a candidate resume discussion, going through past and present experiences
    - Open Job Role description/discussion (what they are looking for and ow the candidate see himself in that role)
    - The company explain how the selection process is structured and related timelines
    - Mutual feedback sharing
    - Next step clarification and closure of the interview
    All Crisp and Clear and managed in a world class professional manner

Interview Questions

• Unexpected but not difficult to respond the question was related to values, such as Ethics.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Dell in May 2017.

Interview

Met with a couple of different managers. Interviews went well per both managers. However, follow up/responsiveness has been slow from the company to date. It appears the urgency to fill a position has subsided.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you successfully sold a deal to one of your customers?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Dell (Austin, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

Internal interview, 3 separate meetings, all were located here in Austin. The hiring manager flew in specifically for the interview, and the role started about a quarter later. There was no additional training, and the business/territory is yours to run as your business. RSD visits were few and far between.

Interview Questions

• Discuss your 30 - 60 - 90 day plan   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell.

Interview

Had to do a phone screening interview, very simple and basic questions. Then did two face to face interviews with the hiring manager and one with another manager. Was offered the job a week after the interview with the other manager.

Dell DOES require a drug test, fairly unusual for the tech industry but not an issue for me.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be good at this job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was not much negotiation. They told me they were offering me the maximum for my experience level. I found out it was not the maximum but was very close to it.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Austin, TX) in January 2011.

Interview

I was already working for Dell and as such was privy to contacts. I spent time positioning for this role before the actual interview by meeting regularly with potential hiring managers.

Interview Questions

• The questions were pretty typical and what you would expect. There is nothing that caught me off guard that I can recall.   Answer Question