Dell Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dell Account Manager Interview Questions

Updated Feb 17, 2017

2.7

Account Manager Interview

Interview

long process and very unorganized. they just have random managers complete the process who have no business conducting an interview. Once you do have an interview, you then have to hope that they don't loose your info in a folder. They never know when they are even able to hire because of their "head count" Changes day to day

Other Interview Reviews for Dell

Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Round Rock, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

not very difficult at all. was very average as far as comparing to other entry level sales positions. i would recommend just staying confident and make eye contact the entire time. they really liked that about my interview

Interview Questions

• why do you stand out from the other candidates? describe a time when you felt you overcame a difficult situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Round Rock, TX).

Interview

Having an employee referral really helps you in the hiring process at Dell. The interview was very laid back and the interviewers (direct managers) were very welcoming. Standard question scenario - "run me through your resume, your 5 year plan, why our company?" The offer was extended within 2 days and on boarding began immediately.

Interview Questions

• Are you more of a hunter or a gatherer ?   21 Answers

Negotiation

Non-negotiable salary and commission offered.

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Dell (Nashville, TN) in May 2012.

Interview

All the interview questions are created by Dell corporate and delivered by managers. The hiring process generally is a marathon, not a sprint. If you have a contact who can get you in touch with hiring managers, this will most definitely expedite the process.

Interview Questions

• - Tell me about a time you encountered pushback from a customer and how you turned the situation around to win the business
      - How would you qualify a potential customer?
      - Let's say we offer you the position and you take the role. It's day one. What's your plan of action?
      1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I interviewed at Dell (Nashville, TN) in December 2011.

Interview

I applied online with a referral from a fellow employee. I had a phone interview with HR and a second interview 2 weeks later over the phone. I was offered the position 2 weeks later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Round Rock, TX) in May 2011.

Interview

I first received an email, then they asked me for a phone interview. During the phone interview they asked me to explain my experience, then we set up a face to face interview. The in person interview had 3 managers and they asked me a variety of questions relating to sales.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if the customer needed a quote by COB and you couldn't get it done?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Brooklyn, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by an executive recruiter.

Interview Questions

• I had two interviews, a skills test and an IQ test. Both were at an expected level   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dell (Round Rock, TX) in January 2011.

Interview

I was already a Dell employee. I was a sales rep. in the consumer sales division. I started mentoring in the SPA (select public accounts) department for an account manager position. I set up mentoring sessions with various account managers and their managers. I was then asked to interview once I had fulfilled my 18 month requirement in consumer sales. The interview was with 3 different sales managers. It was very conversational. I had my resume and a powerpoint deck with my quarterly numbers and awards (Dell loves DAP (Dell Action Plan) decks). My manager at the time helped my with the Deck.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was ofered a pay increase, but no level increase. I asked for a SR3, rather than a SR2, but was told I should be very happy with the generous pay increase- not everyone was offered that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Austin, TX) in February 2009.

Interview

Very professional. Very structured interview and company. A lot of the benefits have declined over time and the market growth is what it used to be. If you want to start out working hourly, cutting your teeth to make a decent salary someday, this place is for you. If you dont like working on the phone, this place is not for you. Good luck!

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Oklahoma City, OK) in August 2008.

Interview

2 interviews conducted. they will ask you several questions. Dell at the end is not the company that you need to work with. They will seem professional but inside you sometime feel that you have managers that don't wont you to grow also your numbers are being over achieved just becouse they favour some on on the team or becouse they want you to stay so you can keep making the manager numbers. Over all experience is very stress full working for dell, One example on how professional they are one the economy hits hard they layed out a whole floor and started firing people for redicuoles reasons.

Interview Questions

• give me an example when you exceed customer excpectations, or a time when you had a bad customer experience and how did you over come the outcome .   Answer Question

Negotiation

negitiate your base.