Dell Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 17, 2017

2.7

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Brooklyn, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by an executive recruiter.

Interview Questions

• I had two interviews, a skills test and an IQ test. Both were at an expected level   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Dell

Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Round Rock, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

not very difficult at all. was very average as far as comparing to other entry level sales positions. i would recommend just staying confident and make eye contact the entire time. they really liked that about my interview

Interview Questions

• why do you stand out from the other candidates? describe a time when you felt you overcame a difficult situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Dell (Nashville, TN) in May 2012.

Interview

All the interview questions are created by Dell corporate and delivered by managers. The hiring process generally is a marathon, not a sprint. If you have a contact who can get you in touch with hiring managers, this will most definitely expedite the process.

Interview Questions

• - Tell me about a time you encountered pushback from a customer and how you turned the situation around to win the business
      - How would you qualify a potential customer?
      - Let's say we offer you the position and you take the role. It's day one. What's your plan of action?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Casablanca (Morocco)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dell (Casablanca (Morocco)) in March 2016.

Interview

Great staff, the interview went well and smooth, we talked about my projects and what i aspire to be and what i did to achieve it. We talked more about what i wanted to achieve more than the job it self.

Interview Questions

Lower position than I already occupy

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

To begin with a couple of tests based to check your eye for detail followed by a brief discussion about my CV And work experience, why I wanted to apply for this job in particular and several competency based questions with two managers. Fairly relaxed and chatty, not too nerve-wracking.

I never heard one way or the other regarding the outcome of the interview. Disappointed by that aspect as I had been in contact with their recruitment department and would have thought it wouldn't be too difficult to fire off a quick email even if it was to let me know I'd been unsuccessful. Find it slightly unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• How do you prioritise your workload?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Sydney (Australia)) in June 2011.

Interview

2 step interview process, behavioural and situational based questions. Need examples of previous experience as well.
    The interviewers were open and keen to listen, they provided feedback on the day and allowed you to ask as many questions as required.

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I interviewed at Dell (Nashville, TN) in December 2011.

Interview

I applied online with a referral from a fellow employee. I had a phone interview with HR and a second interview 2 weeks later over the phone. I was offered the position 2 weeks later.

Account Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dell in December 2009.

Interview

I interviewed with 3 managers. From what I could tell they were looking for people that could mulitask. sale solutions and be customer focused. They have different business units so be prepared for each of them to call you.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengthens?   1 Answer
    • What would your current manager say about you.   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bracknell, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dell (Bracknell, England (UK)) in May 2011.

Interview

The interview process was painless and was professionally run. The interviewers were pleasant and seemed informed about the company and the position and asked relevant questions. They were able to answer all the questions posed to them and the interview was run on time and pleasant.

The interview wasn't very long but the time was well spent. They did not ask any of the soft interview questions but got straight to the point and described the position, it's requirements and their expectations.

Interview Questions

• What are the weak points of the Equalogic product line and how would you overcome objections about them.   1 Answer

I did not feel that either the position or the company was a good fit for me as the role was very well defined and I was looking for something with more variety and challenge to it.

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Oklahoma City, OK) in August 2008.

Interview

2 interviews conducted. they will ask you several questions. Dell at the end is not the company that you need to work with. They will seem professional but inside you sometime feel that you have managers that don't wont you to grow also your numbers are being over achieved just becouse they favour some on on the team or becouse they want you to stay so you can keep making the manager numbers. Over all experience is very stress full working for dell, One example on how professional they are one the economy hits hard they layed out a whole floor and started firing people for redicuoles reasons.

Interview Questions

• give me an example when you exceed customer excpectations, or a time when you had a bad customer experience and how did you over come the outcome .   Answer Question

Negotiation

negitiate your base.