Dell Interview Questions in Austin, TX | Glassdoor

Dell Interview Questions in Austin, TX

Updated Jun 20, 2017

2.9

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dell (Austin, TX).

Interview

Interviewed for around 30 - 45 minutes with both dept. mgr. and also a team coach/project mgr. both present. I originally interviewed for this, my first position with the company, which was as a customer service agent on the phones at their Austin, TX call center (which has since been moved to Manila, Philippines), so it was not a very difficult interview. I believe it was mostly based around just being reasonably intelligent and personable, sufficient to the needs of learning the policies and procedures and of using the web and phone-based systems and tools.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the challenges you have faced in previous roles, and how did you approach them/overcome them?   Answer Question

Dell Response

Nov 19, 2015 – Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Thanks for sharing your experience - good luck in your role!

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dell (Austin, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

My interview was just ok. The person(Don't want to mention his name here) did not ask me any technical questions. Apart from that he miss-understood that i am a front end developer, and said this was purely back end development work.I tried to tell him that i have worked extensively as back-end developer and as a full stack developer as well but he din seem to have been convinced.

Being a full stack developer, Yes i have worked on all stages of SDLC including documentations. He wanted me to take him through my career -resume(basic question) . And this is where he judged me. Never gave me an opportunity or asked me technical questions !!!!

He got a bit rude as soon he judged me to be a front end developer and it was clear from his voice that he wasn't interested anymore in talking the conversion ahead . I would say he never had any etiquette's to talk to a lady as well as a interviewer. At the end of the interview that hardly lasted for 15 mins, when i asked if : More about work, project etc. He back answered : i don't think it would be necessary or you need to know more about anything.

I have attended several interviews in my career till now. There have been many times when i did not got selected. But even though each interviewer takes time to explain about everything .

Negative Experience.

Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dell (Austin, TX).

Interview

The interview is straightforward with few surprises. It's kind of a cattle call with multiple candidates scheduled at the same time but once you know what to expect it is not that big a deal. Know what the job entails and be prepared with your personal experiences and you will do fine.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Austin, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

So Dell came to our campus to recruit and we received and interview that first week. After that, candidates were invited to the Dell campus in Austin to interview for the position.

Interview Questions

Dell Response

Nov 19, 2015 – Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Thanks for sharing your interview experience with our readers. Best of luck to you!

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Austin, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

I met about four individuals at the UT Career fair and gave them my resume. About a week later I got an email asking me to interview. It was with two recruiting managers and they were really friendly they asked a lot of normal interview questions and then they also had you do a sales exercise. After the interview I found out that I received the position after about 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Q: Where would you rank within the class of 10-15 people?
      Q: What sets you apart from other candidates?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dell (Austin, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

This was an on-campus interview at The University of Texas. There were two people, one of which I met at the career fair. He remembered me which was nice and made me more relaxed. It was a standard interview, no curveballs really. The only unexpected thing was a surprise "exercise" at the end where they asked me to act like I was interacting with a customer (the interviewer) to gauge how I handled the situation.

Interview Questions

• You will be on a sales team, where do you see yourself ranking within this team?   Answer Question

Product Line Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Austin, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Walk through the Resume and deep dive into the details, challenge when you say something not making sense. Also ask how does your background fit the position you apply for, and ask you to picture what you will do when working for Dell. What kind of challenges do you anticipate and overcome?

Interview Questions

• What are the outcomes from this project from your Resume   Answer Question

Inventory Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Austin, TX).

Interview

Pre-screened with electronic tools, brought in for an initial interview and fill out initial paperwork, call back when an opening is available allowing for outside candidates. Promotions from within are common but with the number of openings it is not a limiting factor. Most common is a double interview process where the hiring manager does the initial in-person interview to filter the pool to the short list and then a second interview is set up with a panel of prospective peers and/or upper management for final selection.

Interview Questions

• What's the best way to help the boss/teacher/parent/person in authority meet his/her goals?   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Austin, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

Poor communication about day to day work and next steps in process. One interviewer was making faces and giving off negative nonverbal behavior. Generic responses given when I asked about company culture and work environment. They take a large pool for interviews and keep cutting where 6-7 interns are selected. Of those about 3 get a full time offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dell (Austin, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

Calm and casual, two people in an interview room on campus for the Round 1 Interview. They came out and grabbed me and brought me to the room. Very friendly. They seemed very uninterested about being there though. Were on their phones the entire interview; at times, i had to wait for them to finish texting before continuing. Never contacted me again for Round 2 with even a rejection at the least. Overall, when you could get them to talk, seemed very friendly and like they enjoyed the position. But the formalities. I've never had an interviewer who sat on their phone the entire interview instead of taking notes, and to me, that seemed a little unprofessional.