Dell Interview Questions in Boston, MA | Glassdoor

3.3

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dell (Boston, MA) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied through College. 30 minute brief interview. Questions based on resume. 2nd phone interview scheduled within 1 week. My signal was very poor and my phone went blank didnt work. They were super chill enough too reschedule. Technical questions based on technologies I had worked on and listed on resume. I really appreciate them rescheduling and frankly it doesn't matter what the outcome is.

Principal Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dell (Boston, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

It was a sort of long drawn out process but it was fulfilling. They were prepared with very good questions and they were able to answer my questions seamlessly. The interview process allowed me to have more detailed questions next time.

Electrical Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dell (Boston, MA).

Interview

It was at the Annual NSBE National Convention, in March 2016. Talked to the people at the Dell booth, they liked my resume, and scheduled for an interview later on that day. The interview was about 40 minutes long, and they told me I got an offer the next day.

Interview Questions

Dell Response

Jan 23, 2017 – Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Thanks for your review and we are glad that you are part of the team!

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Boston, MA) in December 2016.

Interview

Recruiter call then phone screen required coding over the phone plus on site. One interviewer didn't have the depth to understand a classic algorithm. often, they want you to find the answer they had in mind that is (they think) the one true smart solution.

Interview Questions

Dell Response

Jan 3, 2017 – Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Thank you for your review and sharing your experience with us. We will use this feedback to make interviewing improvements across our teams so this detail is very appreciated and useful.

Inside Sales Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dell (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

First interview over the phone, and the questions were pretty basic - tell me about a time you were challenged, disappointed, etc. Followed-up a week after the interview, but never heard anything back.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you made a mistake but were able to rebound from it.   Answer Question

Senior Analyst, Corporate Consulting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dell (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

1st round on campus interview followed by 3 back to back interviews onsite. Whole process was very fast, received final round notice 1 day after 1st round and got a call from head of group very soon after final round to place the offer. Don't remember the specific cases--but most are just standard consulting cases. Interviewers are super nice and happy to answer any question.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dell (Boston, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

Initial HR contact/interview. Group manager phone interview. Then there was the team member phone interview. He didn't tell me who he was I had to ask him who he was. I was emailed questions to answer. Apparently I answered them incorrectly. I had a a very difficult time understanding him since he had a very strong accent. It didn't help that I was on speaker and constantly asking him to repeat himself. At times I just answered "Yes" not really knowing what I was answering to and then realized it wasn't a yes or no question.....but felt uncomfortable asking him to repeat himself for the 3rd or 4th time. I talked about 1 previous project and wanted to discuss another and he didn't want me to continue. I wasn't asked questions about what I had previously worked on. I did contact the HR recruiter to get feedback and to let him know that there were some communication issues but never got a response.

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Boston, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

After an initial phone screening, I was called in for a group interview with the Documentation Manager and five other senior and principal-level technical writers. The atmosphere was pleasant and not intimidating. One of the interviewers later told me that I was far more qualified than any of the other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Asked typical tech writer questions: structured documentation, single-sourcing, style guides, time mangement, how to obtain information.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't have a chance to negotiate for this contract position. The agency submitted my resume at what they said was their top rate for the position. I had applied before for a similar position at Dell and didn't get even a phone screen, so I agreed to be submitted at a lower rate ($45/hr) than I felt the position merited because it was during the recession and tech writer jobs were few and far between. I later found out that other Dell contractors in the same position and in the same group were getting much higher rates than I was (as much as $20 more per hour), even though I was equally qualified, if not better qualified, than they were. The pay disparity was undoubtedly due in part to gender. Another possible factor may have been that the agency was not local to the Boston area. Morale of the story: It's better to go through a local agency that understands local rates and cost of living.

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dell (Boston, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

Great Interview process. I was screened by phone initially then was asked to meet with several different managers within the company. After the initial interview I was asked to attend a follow up which included a panel interview consisting of numerous questions asked by several employees. After the second interview I was asked to take a competency test and was then offered a position. The job was contingent on background check, references, and also drug screening process.

Interview Questions

• Where did I see myself in five years   1 Answer

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Boston, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

Excellent, thoughtful and respectful communication. The hiring managers are very well prepared and the HR staff and recruiters were very nice. No off-the-wall questions. Very straight forward and respectful. A pleasure.