Dell Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dell Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Sep 5, 2017

24 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Dell (Hopkinton, MA).

Interview

Multiple phone conversations with a recruiter who set up a follow up interview with he hiring manager.
I was later invited to come in for a full day interview.
Marathon interview with 6 different people. Some very positive and wishing you luck to jin the team other asking why would you want to join the company?

Interview Questions

• Describe how did you handle pressure and deadlines in your previous job and what was the outcome?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Dell

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dell (Lincoln, NE) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied on March 2016, and within 1 week I received call from HR. Initial screening done by HR and HR setup face to face interview with Lincoln office in next week.

Lincoln office team was good. 2 person from their team took my interview.
    It was easy. They came up with set of questions which is based on my resume and while I was answering they were writing it on paper that was strange.

After 1 and half month of follow-up, My application is still under consideration and they didn't reply me with interview result. HR gave me reason that currently that position in on hold.
    Hoping I will get select. Lets see. I believe my post will be helpful for other candidate for different position during their dell interview preparation.

Question-
    1) Tell me about yourself
    2) How you will manage your emails?
    3) How you will handle any process improvements?
    4) How you will deal with angry client?
    5) Tell any incidence where client was angry on you and How you handle that situation?
    6) Project based info?
    7) Do you know about anything about insurance process?
    8) Two quiz question they asked. I forgot

Tip- prepare well on your resume. search company info and dell products info.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dell (Boston, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

Initial HR contact/interview. Group manager phone interview. Then there was the team member phone interview. He didn't tell me who he was I had to ask him who he was. I was emailed questions to answer. Apparently I answered them incorrectly. I had a a very difficult time understanding him since he had a very strong accent. It didn't help that I was on speaker and constantly asking him to repeat himself. At times I just answered "Yes" not really knowing what I was answering to and then realized it wasn't a yes or no question.....but felt uncomfortable asking him to repeat himself for the 3rd or 4th time. I talked about 1 previous project and wanted to discuss another and he didn't want me to continue. I wasn't asked questions about what I had previously worked on. I did contact the HR recruiter to get feedback and to let him know that there were some communication issues but never got a response.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Austin, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

He asked me all behavorial question. He asked me everything about my resume which involved talking about where I am from, where i went to high school, road blocks in life and how i overcame them and if I got bad partner in a project, how would I approach them?

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dell.

Interview

A friend recommended, I was interviewed in 2 days, got hired in one week

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Austin, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

RAID mostly. If you have three 200GB drives, what is the total capacity for storage?
    What are your plans for the future here

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation that occurred on your last job and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

not negotiable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2012.

Interview

I started the interview process around 4 days after applying and it was pretty straight forward. I had an interview with a recruiter then had a technical interview around 5 days later which was faily easy, around 15 questions about using servers. 3 weeks later I had another interview with a panel of 2 people for behavior analysis and I still have not heard back yet.

Interview Questions

• Please describe a time were you were put in a difficult situation and how did you get out of it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Round Rock, TX) in August 2010.

Interview

Easy interview nothing unexpected

Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Round Rock, TX) in May 2010.

Interview

Easy communication. The conversations were casual but investigative. The experience here was not difficult. I met with 3 people in the process. Everyone had a new perspective on the role since it was a new position in a newly organized group.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question I had was where i wanted to be in 2 years. At Dell, the mentality is after 18 months, you need to start looking within to grow your understanding of the company. I had not considered the position to have an expiration date and was looking for something with longevity.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I took the offer as is. It was a fair number and the flexibility of the role was a huge bonus.

Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dell (Round Rock, TX) in April 2010.

Interview

Pretty standard interview process. Started with a half hour phone screen, with the person that ultimately would be my manager. Then did a few back to back interviews in person. The first set were two folks that I would work directly with, the second set were both peers with the manager, and the final interview was a one on one with the director of the department. Within a day of the face to face, I received the email stating that an offer was forthcoming. I received the offer 5 days later.

Interview Questions

• Lots of behavioral type stuff, tell me about a difficult project, etc.   Answer Question