Dell Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dell Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Sep 5, 2017

24 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dell (Boston, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

Initial HR contact/interview. Group manager phone interview. Then there was the team member phone interview. He didn't tell me who he was I had to ask him who he was. I was emailed questions to answer. Apparently I answered them incorrectly. I had a a very difficult time understanding him since he had a very strong accent. It didn't help that I was on speaker and constantly asking him to repeat himself. At times I just answered "Yes" not really knowing what I was answering to and then realized it wasn't a yes or no question.....but felt uncomfortable asking him to repeat himself for the 3rd or 4th time. I talked about 1 previous project and wanted to discuss another and he didn't want me to continue. I wasn't asked questions about what I had previously worked on. I did contact the HR recruiter to get feedback and to let him know that there were some communication issues but never got a response.

Other Interview Reviews for Dell

Anonymous Employee in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Dell (Hopkinton, MA).

Interview

Multiple phone conversations with a recruiter who set up a follow up interview with he hiring manager.
    I was later invited to come in for a full day interview.
    Marathon interview with 6 different people. Some very positive and wishing you luck to jin the team other asking why would you want to join the company?

Interview Questions

• Describe how did you handle pressure and deadlines in your previous job and what was the outcome?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dell, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Dell (Dell, Scotland (UK)) in May 2014.

Interview

It was through vendor process.
    It was a 3 round interview ...one with a senior consultant from dell .. then Technical Manager and then the HR round. but before this,,we were gone through the vendor process, in which we were trained on different domains...like excel, power point, business analysis,, case studies, documentation, project planner.

Interview Questions

• They were more focusing on English communication and Microsoft excel.   1 Answer

Negotiation

they will offer you good package if you have knowledge.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Austin, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

He asked me all behavorial question. He asked me everything about my resume which involved talking about where I am from, where i went to high school, road blocks in life and how i overcame them and if I got bad partner in a project, how would I approach them?

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dell (Bengaluru (India)) in November 2010.

Interview

Only speak what you know.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Ok

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dell.

Interview

We were told that all the students for Business analytics profile would be directly eligible for the interview round and no written round would be needed.But after the pre-placement talks, out of 60-70 applicants, only 12 were selected for the interview round.All of those who were selected didn't have any business analytics profile.All those who had that profile were not allowed to sit in the interviews.They didn't even tell us how they shortlisted those students.Also, they were preferring girls over boys.
    For the other profile(Software Engineer) that Dell came for, around 50 students were shortlisted for the interview round after the written round.During the interview round they called all the shortlisted candidates in the alphabetical order.Again after interviewing 4-5 boys, they started interviewing girls first. When all the girls were interviewed, they called the remaining boys and started asking them silly questions which were totally unrelated to technical concepts. Basically, they were wasting our time because they had already selected enough number student.As a result, 12 girls and only 6 boys were selected.Again girls were preferred.
    Conclusion: It's okay to support gender equality but preferring girls over boys is not what you call gender equality... They should have selected an equal number of boys and girls.
    I know you must be thinking that those girls were more talented than the other boys but trust me they were not. I saw those boy's job profile.They were really good.Some were even better than the selected student.
    Dell does prefer girls over boys.

Interview Questions

Dell Response

Nov 14, 2017 – candidate and employee experience team

Sorry to hear about your experience. We shall take this information to smoothen our process.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Dell (Noida (India)) in July 2014.

Interview

The interview process is aligned to the skills and how much are you keen to learn new things and how much stable your mind is. You cannot opt to be a mimic on what you have studied a night before the interview..

Interview Questions

• Where you see yourself in another 5 years?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manipal (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dell (Manipal (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

Totally three rounds. There was no distinction between the type of round as such and all three had a little bit of technical, managerial and HR. Process was smooth and good.

Interview Questions

• They asked me stuff like how many rotis were consumed in India everyday. To see how i would go about computing and what factors I would include to make the computations.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dell (Lincoln, NE) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied on March 2016, and within 1 week I received call from HR. Initial screening done by HR and HR setup face to face interview with Lincoln office in next week.

Lincoln office team was good. 2 person from their team took my interview.
    It was easy. They came up with set of questions which is based on my resume and while I was answering they were writing it on paper that was strange.

After 1 and half month of follow-up, My application is still under consideration and they didn't reply me with interview result. HR gave me reason that currently that position in on hold.
    Hoping I will get select. Lets see. I believe my post will be helpful for other candidate for different position during their dell interview preparation.

Question-
    1) Tell me about yourself
    2) How you will manage your emails?
    3) How you will handle any process improvements?
    4) How you will deal with angry client?
    5) Tell any incidence where client was angry on you and How you handle that situation?
    6) Project based info?
    7) Do you know about anything about insurance process?
    8) Two quiz question they asked. I forgot

Tip- prepare well on your resume. search company info and dell products info.

Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Round Rock, TX) in August 2010.

Interview

Easy interview nothing unexpected