Dell Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dell Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Oct 13, 2016

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dell (Boston, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

Initial HR contact/interview. Group manager phone interview. Then there was the team member phone interview. He didn't tell me who he was I had to ask him who he was. I was emailed questions to answer. Apparently I answered them incorrectly. I had a a very difficult time understanding him since he had a very strong accent. It didn't help that I was on speaker and constantly asking him to repeat himself. At times I just answered "Yes" not really knowing what I was answering to and then realized it wasn't a yes or no question.....but felt uncomfortable asking him to repeat himself for the 3rd or 4th time. I talked about 1 previous project and wanted to discuss another and he didn't want me to continue. I wasn't asked questions about what I had previously worked on. I did contact the HR recruiter to get feedback and to let him know that there were some communication issues but never got a response.

Other Interview Reviews for Dell

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dell, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Dell (Dell, Scotland (UK)) in May 2014.

Interview

It was through vendor process.
    It was a 3 round interview ...one with a senior consultant from dell .. then Technical Manager and then the HR round. but before this,,we were gone through the vendor process, in which we were trained on different domains...like excel, power point, business analysis,, case studies, documentation, project planner.

Interview Questions

• They were more focusing on English communication and Microsoft excel.   1 Answer

Negotiation

they will offer you good package if you have knowledge.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Austin, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

He asked me all behavorial question. He asked me everything about my resume which involved talking about where I am from, where i went to high school, road blocks in life and how i overcame them and if I got bad partner in a project, how would I approach them?

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dell (Bengaluru (India)) in November 2010.

Interview

Only speak what you know.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Ok

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manipal (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dell (Manipal (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

Totally three rounds. There was no distinction between the type of round as such and all three had a little bit of technical, managerial and HR. Process was smooth and good.

Interview Questions

• They asked me stuff like how many rotis were consumed in India everyday. To see how i would go about computing and what factors I would include to make the computations.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dell (Lincoln, NE) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied on March 2016, and within 1 week I received call from HR. Initial screening done by HR and HR setup face to face interview with Lincoln office in next week.

Lincoln office team was good. 2 person from their team took my interview.
    It was easy. They came up with set of questions which is based on my resume and while I was answering they were writing it on paper that was strange.

After 1 and half month of follow-up, My application is still under consideration and they didn't reply me with interview result. HR gave me reason that currently that position in on hold.
    Hoping I will get select. Lets see. I believe my post will be helpful for other candidate for different position during their dell interview preparation.

Question-
    1) Tell me about yourself
    2) How you will manage your emails?
    3) How you will handle any process improvements?
    4) How you will deal with angry client?
    5) Tell any incidence where client was angry on you and How you handle that situation?
    6) Project based info?
    7) Do you know about anything about insurance process?
    8) Two quiz question they asked. I forgot

Tip- prepare well on your resume. search company info and dell products info.

Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Round Rock, TX) in August 2010.

Interview

Easy interview nothing unexpected

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Dell (Pune (India)) in March 2012.

Interview

The hiring process was tedious; and the interview process was horrible; there was no sense of professionalism; the HRs do not respond accordingly and the feedbacks are too bad; very much delay in all the aspects of Hiring & Onboarding

Interview Questions

• Can you have the notice period of 30 days only in the current organization.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much is what the negotiation phase; I accepted what they offered to me.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pilani (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dell (Pilani (India)) in February 2012.

Interview

Routine questions-
    1. Aptitude Test (At par with CAT- QA/ DI/ LR: 1 hour 40 questions)
    2. Resume round (be thorough with whatever you put in your CV)
    3. Technical round (Guesstimates/ puzzles, Basic Case Study)
    4. HR Round (Career Aspirations, Motivation in Life)

Interview Questions

• HR Round may be tricky especially if you're a fresher. Be prepared for questions like 'why not an MBA'   1 Answer

Negotiation

Fixed Salary.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Dell (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2010.

Interview

The interview was quite in detail and not really brief. Each interview be it phone, in person & in group took about almost an hour. A lot of information was inquired regarding understanding of business and its clients, the importance of it, the skills set on IT tools used in other & existing job.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult team member who refuses to work as per the defined policies and does not follow set disciplines and principles.   Answer Question