Dell Business Systems Analysis Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Business Systems Analysis Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Plano, TX) in October 2009.

Interview

Had a phone interview with the recruiter, then the hiring manager. Then invited in for a panel interview consisting of peers and the hiring manager. There was very little structure to questions or tactics. I was brought in for a final interview with the finance manager (the hiring manager's boss). That interview was basically for negotiaion of salary.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle conflict?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Don't be afraid to ask for more, but be prepared to get rejected. They are stingy on salaries and have very tight salary bands. If you don't like the salary at all, then you might be interviewing for a job that is too low of range for you. The recruiter was not helpful because he told me to take the first offer. I negotiated for an extra week of vacation from the finance manager, which the recruiter later said he knew nothing about. After a month of working their I lost my extra week of vacation due a policy change as part of the Dell buyout! With that said, the Dell neg. proces might be totally different.