Dell Client Technical Support Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dell Client Technical Support Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Round Rock, TX).

Interview

Applied in mid February right after they posted position on their website, got an interview early March. Interview was behavioral and tech. based. The two managers were very friendly and easy to talk to. Received an offer 2 weeks later. Make sure you have specific examples of your experiences regarding the behavior questions and catch up on some basic computer hardware/software.

Interview Questions

Dell Response

Apr 4, 2017 – Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Thanks for your review of your interview experience. Congratulations on your offer and welcome!

Other Interview Reviews for Dell

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dell (Oklahoma City, OK) in September 2016.

Interview

There were two people who interviewed me we sat in a little room where there were both were asking me questions. one was doing technical questions the other one was asking non technical questions. both of them were very polite and nice they ask me lot of questions and i was very comfortable talking to them. One of them was HR manager and she even asked me if they will extend an offer what training class would i want the immediately starting one or the one that's going to start later. My interview went really well but dont know why i haven't got the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowling Green, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dell (Bowling Green, KY) in November 2015.

Interview

Technical tests are very basic if you are experienced in IT. Interview was normal. Asked about accomplishments and previous experience. Some ethical questions and questions about failures in the past. Short role play session to enact a support call. Interviewers were very friendly and knowledgeable.

Interview Questions

Pay for position is low for the industry. Benefits package is average.

Dell Response

Dec 8, 2015 – Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Thanks for sharing your experience as well as your reasons for declining. We don't always get feedback on declines and this is truly helpful for us to make adjustments. Good luck to you and thank you ... More

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Dell (Jackson, MS) in December 2014.

Interview

Interview process was brief. A call over the phone that lasted 30 minutes to discuss previous skills. The interview starts off as a general introduction. After the introduction, the interviewer starts questions relating to previous work experience.

Interview Questions

• On your previous employment how did you assist with IT issues?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Oklahoma City, OK) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview is about 30 minutes long with 2 managers. They tend to interview and several weeks later, make their decisions on candidates. The process is straightforward as they ask questions on how well you'll fit into the position.

Interview Questions

• Cultural Related Questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was not any negotiation in the offer. Accept or Decline

Client Technical Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dell (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

The interview process mainly consists of 3 rounds. Before the interview we will be asked to register in DELL interview online form with our basic details and a photo of our will be taken through the web cam for registration, I liked this way very much because its well organized and no fool proof for the blocking period.
    1) Round one is the screening test where the candidates will be assessed on their communication skills. successful candidates will be asked to wait for the round 2.
    2) Round two was the Technical round(which i never expected). We will be asked Technical questions(good quality questions) to access our technical knowledge. Successful candidates will be asked to wait for the last round.
    3) Last round will me probably telephonic round(which i did not reach).

Over all the interview Process is very well organized in a timely efficient manner not like Time wasting in Amazon seller support and TRMS interviews.

Client Technical Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dell (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

It was great.the interview was average and not much difficult.only one operations round and if you click job is yours.but dell takes hell lot of time to give you offer letter so donot panic.

Interview Questions

• What is IPconnfig
      What is Macintosh
      What is BSOD
      What is Safe mode
      Answer Question

Client Technical Support Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dell.

Interview

Quite basic interview with a lot of simple questions on computer components
    In total consisted of 3 rounds
    First was the HR round in which they asked the few basic questions
    Second was ops and then there was an accent round.

Client Technical Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dell (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

First round was self-introduction round,second one was ops round,third or last round was versant round.Introduction round is about introducing ourselves,ops round is all about questions related to computer basics and troubleshooting,third round was versant test to check english fluency.All these rounds were elimination rounds.

Interview Questions

• How to delete temporary files using run command?
      Difference between RAM,ROM?
      Types of RAM,ROM?
      Answer Question

Client Technical Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

Three rounds of Interview.

Technical Interview on Call.
    F2F Technical Interview.
    Managerial Round

Which was followed by a simple HR call. It was through a Employee referral. It was a pretty long process for a Fresher. Took two weeks for Completion. Patience is the key.