Dell Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dell Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Jan 1, 2017

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Dell (New York, NY).

Interview

the interview process was a phase approach. Initial phone screen then two to three phone conversations, moving to scheduling of face to face meeting. In person interview was at Dell on-site.

Interview Questions

• Describe several challenges you faced in your previous role.   Answer Question

Dell Response

Jan 3, 2017 – Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Thanks for sharing your interview experience with our team and our readers. Congratulations on your offer!

Other Interview Reviews for Dell

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Bizarre and totally unprofessional. The way I found out I was being considered is that I was copied on an email from hiring manager to his assistant, asking her to schedule time. Given his email had no signature, I had to do some digging and assumption-forming to ensure it was--in fact-- an interview for this position. The interview itself was also bizarre. Mostly the manager talking about the role, but not asking me any questions. A week went by after initial phone interview and I had not heard anything. I followed up and the manger ensured me that I'd hear from recruiting soon. I never did. What a waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in Dell?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Round Rock, TX).

Interview

3 interviews

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your biggest failure. What did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell in September 2011.

Interview

On campus interview, followed by a visit to Dell, Got a chance to intern and work on some good projects that resulted in full time job. The interview was a two step process. both interviews happened in the same day and both were a mix of knowledge and skill test

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dell (Austin, TX) in June 2010.

Interview

I met with a Dell Engineer in the field who put me in touch with a hiring manager. Within a week I was phone interviewed by Dell's Talent Acquisition and Candidate Development.

Despite receiving high accolades from everyone at Dell, and promises of meeting "the right people" at the right group, nothing materialized. They don't return emails or phone calls, not very professional in my opinion.

The interview seemed to be an interrogation of processes and technologies used at my position with a major competitor to Dell.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell (New Delhi (India)) in February 2014.

Interview

very simple and straight forward interview process. It was quick and quite clear. Hiring team was quite professional. There were 2 rounds of interview and the questions were quite simple and no rocket science. Interview questions also included answering to some scenarios.

Consultant Interview

Interview

Connected to the company through someone who worked there. Had several phone interviews - twice with ex-consultants (one of who asked me a case on inventory management), and twice with operations managers.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bracknell, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dell (Bracknell, England (UK)) in March 2011.

Interview

Extremely informal chat with manager followed by a call with the hiring manager to talk about aspirations followed by a full on technical interview which took an hour then another follow up chat with manager.

Interview Questions

• Talk about all of the elements you need to consider when putting together a data centre hosted solution to be accessed remotely over the WAN by 2000 users   1 Answer

Negotiation

Generous pay rise was offered therefore did not negotiate

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dell in November 2010.

Interview

The interview itself was fine, mostly about fit. My complain was that afterwords you don't get any feedback for over a month before getting an offer out of the clear blue sky.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dell in July 2008.

Interview

I was flown to a location where they were doing several interviews over a day long period.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

negotiate a bit