Dell Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 5, 2017

2.1

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dell (Hyderabad (India)) in July 2009.

Interview

Why do you make it so tough for people. Can't you allow them to get where they want to; rather than having them burn their neurons in the middle of the night.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Dell

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dell in March 2010.

Interview

Hiring process is very simple if you show the caliber to work and perform. The people met initially were with strong personalities and gave a pleasant thought about the work environment.

Interview Questions

• How long do you think you will work for the organization?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dell in October 2011.

Interview

Received a phone interview. Told my information would be forwarded to the hiring manager and I would hear back by Thursday. I never heard back so I called Friday, then they said I would hear back by Monday at the latest. I never heard back so I called Wednesday and left a message that simply requested feedback good or bad. I did not get a call back until Friday that said you are a viable candidate but my current salary wasn't inline with what they wanted to pay for the position. I really felt this should have been discussed more in the first call, I knew I wouldn't make what I make currently and was willing to take less. After all the run around, it makes me wonder if a call back is worth it. Would management be the exact same way?

Interview Questions

• How much do you make currently?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dell (Hyderabad (India)) in July 2013.

Interview

it would consist three rounds and qualifying them is completely based on one's command on the English language. they would try to pose a very common question in the final round. why should i select you.

Interview Questions

• engineer's always face this question. Why BPO? simply saying i dont like it, would'nt help and neither will saying i like BPO helps.   1 Answer

Negotiation

i should have negotiated but i just did'nt know if that's possible as there was discussion saying "would you be fine with.....".

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Chennai (India)) in November 2013.

Interview

I got to know about the hiring process through an consultancy and the interview process took about one 2 weeks, very simple interview anyone can crack

Interview Questions

• they will check your stability and conducts an telephonic LVA round.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated about the career growth and development and experienced candidates can negotiate about their package.

Customer Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandigarh (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dell (Chandigarh (India)) in October 2010.

Interview

The whole hiring process is fun ,i enjoy being interviewed and the job role was challenging ,had three rounds ,one to one technical round ,the job was an entry level so basically questions where asked about my exposure to software and IT field,few technical troubleshooting questions which was quite easy,over all a nice expereince

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Dell (Chennai (India)).

Interview

I was a college student at that time and I decided to do any part time job to support my basic needs. I posted my profile in an online job portal. I was contacted by an outsourcing company which referred me to Customer Service Representative job at Dell Healthcare, DLF IT Park, Ramapuram, Chennai. I specifically told them that I'm a college student and I will have only HSC marksheet during interview. They said HSC is also one of the qualifications for that job and so I can attend it.
    Believing them I went for the interview. There were few other graduate candidates for the interview. An employee came and asked for our interview call letter. While giving the letter, I told him that I'm a college student and I only have HSC documents. He told other candidates to go to other room for telephonic interview with HR and asked me to wait.
    He tried to convince me to not attend the interview, by saying that I won't be able to manage time for studies, etc. But I was so adamant and assured him that I can manage it. Then he sent me to the interview room. From the look on his face, I knew that they are going to reject me anyway.
    Then I attended the telephonic interview and waited for the verdict.
    The result was mark based, 30 out of 100 is pass. First they told the result for other candidates, everyone had less than 30 score. Then they said my score was 8 (lowest of all candidates) and adviced me to improve my English.
    BTW I forgot to mention, I'm a Freelance Invigilator for British Council.
    If they wanted to reject me, they could have just told that they don't want students and I won't be offended. I was told that my English is not good, but I was the most proficient candidate.

Interview Questions

Dell Response

Nov 14, 2017 – candidate and employee experience team

Sorry to hear about your experience. We wish you the best for your career.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Dell (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)).

Interview

it was a three round interview. the first round was with hr representative, followed by an aptitude and english language written test and the last round was a voice interview on call(phone call).

Interview Questions

• general HR questions followed by a series of questions on a phone call to test your conversational abilities and a test of your command over the English language. The questions are easy to answer if you follow the instructions. for example, i was asked to describe myself and my holiday preferences and then i was asked to frame five questions for the interviewer starting with words provided by him/her.   Answer Question

Dell Response

Aug 10, 2017 – candidate and employee experience team

Thank you for your reviews.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dell (Hyderabad (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

JAM session was first round.
    Next was Group discussion round.
    Then it was Technical round.
    Later It'll go to Human Resources round which is the final round of the Dell Customer service representative process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dell (Nashville, TN) in August 2010.

Interview

There was no true interview of which to speak. I was brought in to a room with about 10 other candidates and we watched a video about Dell. It was about bland company policy. Basically everyone who was present was given a position on a temporary basis. It felt as if they chose only to hire anyone who applied and simply weed them out through the training phase.

Interview Questions

• Do you use recreational drugs? There will be a screening.   1 Answer
    • Are you available to work 7 days a week, any shift from 6am to 12 am?   1 Answer

utter lack of benefits, pay and flexibility. I was expected to be on call 7 days a week from 6am to 12 am.