Dell Interview Questions in Dallas, TX | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 7, 2017

2.8

Technical Support Engineer IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dell (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Took about 30mins on the phone. i thought it was going to be three guys, but ended up being six persons interview and each took turn asking me questions. I took time and looked up more information on the VBLOCK system from EMC and understood more about the system

Interview Questions

• What is VBlock,
      what is HA
      what is snapshot
      1 Answer

Senior Pre-Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Dallas, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Got a call fro Recruter immediately, very friendly and professional. Communication from HR was very detailed and prompt. Interview was very professional and calm, they did not make me feel nervous.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The negotiation was smooth, inline with my salary and no counteroffer needed.

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Dallas, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Mostly phone calls with peers and manager - all very professional. To be clear, this was an internal reference where most of the people on the team already knew or worked with me in other Dell deals. While it is a new hire situation, in many respects it felt more like an internal transfer (going from EMC to Dell)

Interview Questions

• If I had the technical interest and experience to support the product in question   1 Answer

Dell Response

Jan 23, 2017 – Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. All of the best of luck to you in the future.

Digital Business Services - Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Dell (Dallas, TX).

Interview

The recruiting manager made me wait for 30 minutes before deciding to show up. When he calls me, he did not have the courtesy to apologize. Instead of apologizing, he asks me if I got the message from security that he would be 30 minutes late!

The "Digital Business Services" organization is being staffed by "fresh off the boat" senior management from Wipro with little or no direct US work experience. This layer of management is bringing bad habits and attitudes reflective of the body shopping culture prevalent in most Indian IT shops (Wipro in this case). This does not bode well for Dell in the long run. Stay away!!

Interview Questions

• The interviewer made me wait for more than 30 minutes and did not have the courtesy to apologize for it.   Answer Question

Dell Response

Sep 15, 2015 – Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Running late to an interview (call or no call) is a big no no in our organization and we hate to hear that happened to you. Thank you for sharing your experience with us so that we can properly ... More

Information Security Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Dallas, TX).

Interview

They set up a screening interview with an HR representative, followed by a 1:1 telephone interview with hiring manager. After that, I went through an on-site panel interview with three prospective peers.

Interview Questions

• How I have managed conflicting demands for resources in a prior role.   Answer Question

Software Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Dallas, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

It take 4 weeks:--I apply the job from their web site.
    1. After 1 week, First phone interview about an hour, the questions including brain teaser, basic technical skills, how to test a "random generator tool", some C/C++" coding question as single linked list sorting, reversed printing. and some questions like why do you want to leave the current company, why do you think you qualified this job. --It's not hard on phone interview.

2. After 1 week, I got a on site interview with 4 people one by one, totally close to 4 hours, include 1 manager and 1 director. All of them ask me the question as "why do you want to leave the current company" :). I said I want to work on the cutting edge technology and get a better pay. The questions also include the basic concepts and simple coding in C/C++ & Python, the projects what I did before. They told me what were they doing now and gave ma a scenario, let me figure out how to test it. --- It's also not hard.

3. After 1 week, I got a last phone interview with their executive director, most of the question a popular behavior ones, he especially let me introduce the project what I did with Python at few years ago.---that's also easily

4. After 1 week, I got a reject letter because I am lack of Python experiences. --- I understand that they want a guy who has experience on the tool and language what they are using right now, and can work on their project immediately. But sometimes it's hard to find this kind of the right guy, and if there is the guy, but he also need to learn the new system and environment, that's need training and studying.

Interview Questions

• No. all of the question are basic concept and normal coding and testing questions.   1 Answer

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Dallas, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

The initial interview process is a screening test with some basic database administration questions.
    Then, there is a first level technical discussion to analyse the basic skill set required for the job.
    Third round is a detailed technical discussion with a senior associate.
    Final round is the HR discussion.

Interview Questions

• How to configure F5 load balancer with SSL enabled connection with oracle discoverer 11g.   Answer Question

Salary offered did not meet my expectations

Service Delivery Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Dallas, TX) in May 2011.

Interview

Recruiter
    2 phone interviews
    final, in-person interview
    You either get an offer, or not
    If you get an offer, you can negotiate for a better deal
    accept the offer
    background / drug test
    The last step is orientation.

Interview Questions

• ITIL based questions. What is your strongest asset? Weakest?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Take it or leave it.

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dell (Dallas, TX) in February 2011.

Interview

Quick and easy phone interview with 3 individuals. They all asked a few experience questions and them some techincal questions. After the interview I was contacted by the original staffing agency to let me know I got the job as Dell usually was a contract-to-hire company.

Project Manager II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dell (Dallas, TX) in April 2010.

Interview

This was a group/panel interview with three different project managers. The position was to work with smaller type projects that would not be a part of the traditional PMO. The next interview would be with the actual hiring manager who is based in a different state.

The interview questions were primarily behavioral types of questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to violate company policy to please a customer.   1 Answer