Dell Interview Questions in Dallas, TX | Glassdoor

2.8

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Dallas, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

Great overall interview process. Questions were basic and the whole process was natural and not very pressuring. My interviewer was very nice and kept it professional as well, Dell seems like a great work environment.

Interview Questions

• What skills do you possess that sets you apart from other marketers?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Dell (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I interviewed with my hiring manager. One of his employees worked with me on a project at my previous company and recommended me to his manager. The hiring manager was looking for data storage professionals who had at least 10 years of experience.

Interview Questions

• Would I like to work for the world's number one data storage company?   1 Answer

Technical Support Engineer IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dell (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Took about 30mins on the phone. i thought it was going to be three guys, but ended up being six persons interview and each took turn asking me questions. I took time and looked up more information on the VBLOCK system from EMC and understood more about the system

Interview Questions

• What is VBlock,
      what is HA
      what is snapshot   1 Answer

Senior Pre-Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Dallas, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Got a call fro Recruter immediately, very friendly and professional. Communication from HR was very detailed and prompt. Interview was very professional and calm, they did not make me feel nervous.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The negotiation was smooth, inline with my salary and no counteroffer needed.

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Dallas, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Mostly phone calls with peers and manager - all very professional. To be clear, this was an internal reference where most of the people on the team already knew or worked with me in other Dell deals. While it is a new hire situation, in many respects it felt more like an internal transfer (going from EMC to Dell)

Interview Questions

• If I had the technical interest and experience to support the product in question   1 Answer

Dell Response

Jan 23, 2017 – Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. All of the best of luck to you in the future.

Consultant Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Dell (Dallas, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Phone interviews with Human Resource personnel (both internal and outsourced), hiring manager, hiring manager's supervisor, plus three other executives. Electronic submission of application, resume, background check forms, verification of past employment and education, review of company benefits, etc. Some additional email and phone communication with hiring manager and Human Resources for questions or interview scheduling and other logistics.

Interview Questions

• How my skills and experience made me a good fit for the job   1 Answer

Digital Business Services - Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Dell (Dallas, TX).

Interview

The recruiting manager made me wait for 30 minutes before deciding to show up. When he calls me, he did not have the courtesy to apologize. Instead of apologizing, he asks me if I got the message from security that he would be 30 minutes late!

The "Digital Business Services" organization is being staffed by "fresh off the boat" senior management from Wipro with little or no direct US work experience. This layer of management is bringing bad habits and attitudes reflective of the body shopping culture prevalent in most Indian IT shops (Wipro in this case). This does not bode well for Dell in the long run. Stay away!!

Interview Questions

• The interviewer made me wait for more than 30 minutes and did not have the courtesy to apologize for it.   Answer Question

Dell Response

Sep 15, 2015 – Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Running late to an interview (call or no call) is a big no no in our organization and we hate to hear that happened to you. Thank you for sharing your experience with us so that we can properly... More

Information Security Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Dallas, TX).

Interview

They set up a screening interview with an HR representative, followed by a 1:1 telephone interview with hiring manager. After that, I went through an on-site panel interview with three prospective peers.

Interview Questions

• How I have managed conflicting demands for resources in a prior role.   Answer Question

Digital Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dell (Dallas, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

There were three rounds of telephonic interviews and 1 round of technical design test. The design test had a duration of 2 days. The expectations were to come up with a creative solution. The thought process was evaluated and there less stress on the UX tools used to design the solution. The last telephonic interview was about evaluation of the design test.

Interview Questions

• What is your approach to any UX design problem? How do you solve it? What are the tools you use?   Answer Question

Software Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Dallas, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

It take 4 weeks:--I apply the job from their web site.
    1. After 1 week, First phone interview about an hour, the questions including brain teaser, basic technical skills, how to test a "random generator tool", some C/C++" coding question as single linked list sorting, reversed printing. and some questions like why do you want to leave the current company, why do you think you qualified this job. --It's not hard on phone interview.

2. After 1 week, I got a on site interview with 4 people one by one, totally close to 4 hours, include 1 manager and 1 director. All of them ask me the question as "why do you want to leave the current company" :). I said I want to work on the cutting edge technology and get a better pay. The questions also include the basic concepts and simple coding in C/C++ & Python, the projects what I did before. They told me what were they doing now and gave ma a scenario, let me figure out how to test it. --- It's also not hard.

3. After 1 week, I got a last phone interview with their executive director, most of the question a popular behavior ones, he especially let me introduce the project what I did with Python at few years ago.---that's also easily

4. After 1 week, I got a reject letter because I am lack of Python experiences. --- I understand that they want a guy who has experience on the tool and language what they are using right now, and can work on their project immediately. But sometimes it's hard to find this kind of the right guy, and if there is the guy, but he also need to learn the new system and environment, that's need training and studying.

Interview Questions

• No. all of the question are basic concept and normal coding and testing questions.   1 Answer