Dell Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dell Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Provo, UT) in October 2016.

Interview

There were mostly behavioral questions along with some technical skills questions. My interview was with two VPs. They were very interested in why dell and why Austin Texas. Have a good story about why you want to be there.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Dell

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Austin, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

So Dell came to our campus to recruit and we received and interview that first week. After that, candidates were invited to the Dell campus in Austin to interview for the position.

Interview Questions

Dell Response

Nov 19, 2015 – Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Thanks for sharing your interview experience with our readers. Best of luck to you!

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dell in October 2015.

Interview

I attended the pre-interview dinner where there was a team-work exercise followed by a powerpoint presentation. Everyone at Dell created a great atmosphere at the dinner and I could tell that it carried into the work-place. The on-campus interview conducted by two recruiters. They started at the top of my resume and worked their way down with questions that helped them get to know you better.

Interview Questions

Dell Response

Oct 27, 2015 – Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Thank you for sharing your interview experience with us. We are always looking for ways to create a positive and rewarding experience with our candidates. Best of luck to you as you finish school!

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell.

Interview

2 Rounds of Behavioral Interviews. The process went very smoothly. This is an awesome company and everyone I met with was pleasant. My interviews went well and were made up of stereotypical behavioral questions. I would recommend Dell for an internship. We also got the opportunity to learn about many of the different products that Dell offers.

Interview Questions

Dell Response

Jun 1, 2015 – Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! Best of luck to you.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dell.

Interview

Had a bit of a weird experience. The interview was by no means difficult (behavioral questions mostly). But the interviewer was wearing tennis shoes and began to take on a very apathetic tone as soon as he found out I was applying to other firms in addition to Dell. Could very well have been a fluke, but not a great experience nonetheless.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked in a group and there was a disagreement.   Answer Question
    • What do you know about Dell as a company?   Answer Question

Nov 17, 2014 – Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Thank you for your feedback. We are definitely a more casual culture here at Dell but apathy during an interview is not welcome. We will share your comments with our team internally so that we may ... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dell (Round Rock, TX).

Interview

It was a campus interview. I submitted my application through campus recruiting and was invited to a 30-minute interview a few days later. They did a tag-team interview with two recruiters. They will respond within a few weeks about whether or not I'll have a second email.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you did not agree with someone with whom you were working. How did you handle the situation and what were the results?   Answer Question

Nov 19, 2014 – Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Thank you for sharing your experience interviewing with Dell. Your feedback will help our Recruiting team improve as well as provide insight to future candidates.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Austin, TX).

Interview

Interviewed by 4 interviewers in one day and could be for one or more positions depending on availability. Most questions are behavioral. Then HR will contact with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your top characteristics.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation started in email after first HR contact. Then by phone once HR has a final adjusted offer.

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

This was an campus interview. The environment and interviewer were very laid back and informal. They asked me about my resume and several behavioral questions. Questions included such things as leadership experience and hypothetical situations. There were no analytical questions. The interview was with a financial manager and lasted half an hour.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you lead a group and how you reacted when there were difficulties?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell.

Interview

I was asked to attend a group interview. People gathered to discuss a question about who would you save if many people were left in a island while there were only 4 seats in your boat.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dell (Austin, TX) in September 2011.

Interview

The interview process is very focused on company fit. Most of the people that make it past the resume collection are chosen because they have the credentials. During the interview, they ask you standard behavioral questions that you need to prepare for to stand apart.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage your time?   Answer Question
    • What about the company interests you? How does it fit into your longterm career goals?   Answer Question