Dell Inside Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 1, 2017

2.7

79 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Nashville, TN) in October 2017.

Interview

It was a very easy interview, I really enjoyed the time I had spent with both Ashley and Kenny, they asked the right questions, and they seemed to really trust their gut when they choose the people for the job.

Interview Questions

• What is your general attitude about sales?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Dell

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Dell (Franklin, MA) in August 2017.

Interview

In person interview is very structured, but it just shows they are serious and a legitimate company. The first part was an icebreaker, why YOU for dell? The day consisted of 3 interviews, one being a role play on converged infrastructure. A tour and shadowing of current rep is also included.

Interview Questions

• What's the biggest risk you've had to take?   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Dell in May 2017.

Interview

First was a 30 min phone interview with the recruiter. She asked a few behavioral questions and talked to me about the position. Afterwards I was scheduled for another phone interview with a hiring manager. This interview was a lot more complicated- really focused on conflict and what you learned. I heard back a day later and flew up to MA for an onsite interview. There was an icebreaker, roleplaying activity with a manager and a tour of the facility.

Interview Questions

• Why Dell EMC?   Answer Question
    • What does Dell EMC do for their customers? How would you explain that to a friend?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Dell (Columbia, SC) in February 2017.

Interview

It was great, It was an on campus recruiting event and the people who interviewed me were awesome. It was a standard interview where I interviewed with one person after talking to them the day before at my campus Job Fair. They explained the whole interview process and the steps that would occur after the fact.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dell (Franklin, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

Met recruiter initially at a sales competition. I had two rounds of phone interviews before flying in for an in-person interview one month later. The interviews were extensive and thorough. The in-person interview took about 5 hours and involved three hour-long 1:1 interviews and a role play for Mozy by Dell. Great overall experience!

Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dell (Round Rock, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Recruiter will reach out to you for a phone screening. I came in for an in person interview with one manager (some people interview with multiple managers, it more or less depends on who's available). Talked through my resume and what I was interested and then we did a role play scenario to see how I dealt with customer interaction.

HINT - it helps a lot at dell if you have an employee referral. I did NOT do this, but was applying for a very entry-level position. Go on linkedin and find someone that works for dell that will refer you. It's a win-win situation.

Interview Questions

• Pretend that you work for a service that helps people find restaurants and make reservations. The manager will give you 4 specific things they are looking for and you just have to make sure to cover those things (open, qualify, position, close - or something like that)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dell (Nashville, TN).

Interview

I received a reference email from Dell through a close friend working in a similar role at the company (honestly, it's the single best way to get in and interview, IMO).

Upon applying, I was contacted within a day or two by a recruiter who scheduled an interview. Three days later, I met in person with two coaches/managers in a panel-type setting (me on one side of the table, the interviewers on the other). It wasn't as intimidating as it sounds.

There really weren't any questions asked to try and trip me up and challenge me, mainly just about previous work and school experiences, "Why Dell?" those types of things. More than anything, really, it's an opportunity for them to let you know what the job requires and to see if your traits are compatible.

The entire interview lasted roughly 30 minutes, and the last 10-15 minutes consisted of questions I asked during the open portion. I highly recommend having a few questions ready for when they ask for them. If you're not sure, ask about opportunities, nature of the job and the environment, about their personal experience at Dell, etc.

I wasn't immediately offered a position following my interview because they had a few more applicants after me.

I was offered the position three business days later via phone by the original job recruiter who scheduled my interview and the position began two-three weeks later.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the position you are applying for?   Answer Question
    • Why are you applying for a sales position when your background and experience is in (insert here)?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time where you worked under a deadline and how did you meet your quota?   Answer Question
    • How were metrics analyzed at your previous position? Did you meet your target?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in one year, three years, and five years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dell (Round Rock, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview lasted approximately 15 minutes. I sat down with two sales coaches and we discussed my previous employment experience, my ability to learn new systems, and my familiarity with the contractor role at Dell. The two sales coaches conducting the interview were friendly, and clearly explained the role I would be fulfilling.

Interview Questions

• How will your previous experience help you here at Dell?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Nashville, TN) in March 2016.

Interview

The process was through an on campus recruiter. The interview took an hour and was basic questions to see if you fit for the job. They give you information about the position and expect you to ask questions about it. However, they first ask you questions about resume and past experiences. The interview was with a panel of 3. They are very friendly so is not as intimidating as it sounds. Overall it was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you face a difficult customer and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Austin, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

I met about four individuals at the UT Career fair and gave them my resume. About a week later I got an email asking me to interview. It was with two recruiting managers and they were really friendly they asked a lot of normal interview questions and then they also had you do a sales exercise. After the interview I found out that I received the position after about 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Q: Where would you rank within the class of 10-15 people?
      Q: What sets you apart from other candidates?   Answer Question