Dell Inside Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dell Inside Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Apr 18, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Dell (Columbia, SC) in February 2017.

Interview

It was great, It was an on campus recruiting event and the people who interviewed me were awesome. It was a standard interview where I interviewed with one person after talking to them the day before at my campus Job Fair. They explained the whole interview process and the steps that would occur after the fact.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Dell

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dell (Franklin, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

Met recruiter initially at a sales competition. I had two rounds of phone interviews before flying in for an in-person interview one month later. The interviews were extensive and thorough. The in-person interview took about 5 hours and involved three hour-long 1:1 interviews and a role play for Mozy by Dell. Great overall experience!

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dell (Nashville, TN).

Interview

I received a reference email from Dell through a close friend working in a similar role at the company (honestly, it's the single best way to get in and interview, IMO).

Upon applying, I was contacted within a day or two by a recruiter who scheduled an interview. Three days later, I met in person with two coaches/managers in a panel-type setting (me on one side of the table, the interviewers on the other). It wasn't as intimidating as it sounds.

There really weren't any questions asked to try and trip me up and challenge me, mainly just about previous work and school experiences, "Why Dell?" those types of things. More than anything, really, it's an opportunity for them to let you know what the job requires and to see if your traits are compatible.

The entire interview lasted roughly 30 minutes, and the last 10-15 minutes consisted of questions I asked during the open portion. I highly recommend having a few questions ready for when they ask for them. If you're not sure, ask about opportunities, nature of the job and the environment, about their personal experience at Dell, etc.

I wasn't immediately offered a position following my interview because they had a few more applicants after me.

I was offered the position three business days later via phone by the original job recruiter who scheduled my interview and the position began two-three weeks later.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the position you are applying for?   Answer Question
    • Why are you applying for a sales position when your background and experience is in (insert here)?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time where you worked under a deadline and how did you meet your quota?   Answer Question
    • How were metrics analyzed at your previous position? Did you meet your target?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in one year, three years, and five years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dell (Round Rock, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview lasted approximately 15 minutes. I sat down with two sales coaches and we discussed my previous employment experience, my ability to learn new systems, and my familiarity with the contractor role at Dell. The two sales coaches conducting the interview were friendly, and clearly explained the role I would be fulfilling.

Interview Questions

• How will your previous experience help you here at Dell?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Nashville, TN) in March 2016.

Interview

The process was through an on campus recruiter. The interview took an hour and was basic questions to see if you fit for the job. They give you information about the position and expect you to ask questions about it. However, they first ask you questions about resume and past experiences. The interview was with a panel of 3. They are very friendly so is not as intimidating as it sounds. Overall it was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you face a difficult customer and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Austin, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

I met about four individuals at the UT Career fair and gave them my resume. About a week later I got an email asking me to interview. It was with two recruiting managers and they were really friendly they asked a lot of normal interview questions and then they also had you do a sales exercise. After the interview I found out that I received the position after about 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Q: Where would you rank within the class of 10-15 people?
      Q: What sets you apart from other candidates?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dell (Austin, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

This was an on-campus interview at The University of Texas. There were two people, one of which I met at the career fair. He remembered me which was nice and made me more relaxed. It was a standard interview, no curveballs really. The only unexpected thing was a surprise "exercise" at the end where they asked me to act like I was interacting with a customer (the interviewer) to gauge how I handled the situation.

Interview Questions

• You will be on a sales team, where do you see yourself ranking within this team?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dell (Austin, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

Calm and casual, two people in an interview room on campus for the Round 1 Interview. They came out and grabbed me and brought me to the room. Very friendly. They seemed very uninterested about being there though. Were on their phones the entire interview; at times, i had to wait for them to finish texting before continuing. Never contacted me again for Round 2 with even a rejection at the least. Overall, when you could get them to talk, seemed very friendly and like they enjoyed the position. But the formalities. I've never had an interviewer who sat on their phone the entire interview instead of taking notes, and to me, that seemed a little unprofessional.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dell.

Interview

I was referred by a friend for the position. I waited 3 weeks and received an email for an in person interview. I went in and met with 2 managers for about an hour. I waited over a week and did not hear anything. I was told I would get feedback by the middle of the following week. I get told I'm overqualified and should apply for Project Management. I have since then and have not heard a thing. I have since moved on. Another recruiter contacted me a month and a half later telling me I didn't get the position I interviewed for. I already knew this. Very disorganized and slow.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Dell.

Interview

Applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. First interview on the phone, second on the phone as well. After couple of week in person interview was to be arranged. Since I was busy with other things at that time had to postpone the interview. By then I was seriously questioning whether to go for the second interview or not.

Interview Questions

• How much do I know about Dell as a company and its products.   Answer Question