Dell Instructional Designer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

4.0

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Round Rock, TX).

Interview

I initially interviewed for the position when they were hiring several people. A recruiter found me on Monster.com (in 2006) and called for a pre-screen. He submitted my name and i went to a mass hiring day at a nearby hotel where i had an interview in one room with one manager and then went to another room with a 2nd manager. Although the interview went well, (one interviewere took notes on some of my ideas to use later) i was not hired. I kept in touch and about 6 months later they asked me to come back to interview for a newly opened position. I had a pre-screen with Dell HR. A few weeks later i was invited onsite for several different in person interviews in one day. I was offered position a few weeks later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They did not budge on the amount they offered. I believe Dell's salary scales are highly thought out and calibrated to metrics, thus i felt there was little room for negotiation.