Dell Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dell Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jun 5, 2017

2.8

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dell.

Interview

They initially contacted me from school because I have a resume at a career fair. I first had a phone interview and was soon asked to come in for an in-person interview. I interviewed with some team members and manager of the team.

Interview Questions

• teamwork experiences? time you took initiative? unique qualities (why you?)   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Dell

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dell (College Station, TX).

Interview

three phone calls with two of my would-be managers. Easy questions, not intimidating. Both people were very friendly and wanted me to get the position. I believe most people that get to the interview stage are extended offers unless they are poorly prepared or say something unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Why do you think you deserve this opportunity?   Answer Question

Dell Response

Oct 27, 2016 – Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Glad to hear about your positive experience and that you found our team friendly. Congratulations on your Dell offer - welcome!!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dell (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

20 mins with behavior questions and 25 mins with case questions. The HR person is nice but the manager didn't seem to be interested to the interview at all. Case was based on the job description but a little further.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example once you have to handle the complains from your customers.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dell (Edison, NJ) in September 2016.

Interview

It was definitely tricky and rigorous, but all meaningful questions. Definitely more technical, critical thinking questions than behavioral, but all related back to the actual job responsibilities. First we reviewed the position, then linked my experiences, and then critical thinking questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dell (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview was more like a reverse interview. Most of it was spent with them convincing me why Dell was such a good company to intern with... rather than me convincing them of why to hire me. It was all a bit strange. I barely talked at all, my resume alone did all of the speaking for me.

Interview Questions

• What part of the company would you most like to work in (hardware? software? what level?)   Answer Question

Dell Response

Oct 27, 2015 – Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Thank you for your review and sharing your experience. We definitely want our team members to 'sell Dell' as a great place to work but to your point, we want to hear from our candidates, too! We ... More

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I had one interview at a conference (a 1 on 1) and one 1 hour phone interview a couple weeks later. Both were behavioral interviews that were relatively easy. I received an offer after 30-45 minutes into the phone interview.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell in September 2015.

Interview

On-campus interview. It was a manager that interviewed me. Very friendly. Asked lots of behavioral questions and some details about what I put on the resume. No technical questions or anything related to the position.

Interview Questions

• Specific project on resume   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dell (Knoxville, TN) in September 2015.

Interview

I was set up by the engineering career advisor to have a 30-min on-campus interview with Dell in September, 2015. I waited for 30 minutes and Dell never showed up. There were no updates/explanations from Dell after the interview either.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell.

Interview

Handed my resume in at a career fair. Recruiter gave me little information about the position. Didn't expect much but somehow got an interview a week later. Interview was disarmingly short and informal, with no technical questions for a technical role (raised a red flag for me). Interviewer seemed to have decided that I had gotten the job arbitrarily before I even walked in. Barely talked about the job or any of my qualifications. Again, didn't expect much to come out of it but got an offer a couple weeks later. However, even after the offer was extended, it was extremely unclear what I'd actually be doing. Everyone I talked to within the company seemed to have this attitude of "It's a big company, so just relax and perform well with what's given to you." This isn't a bad philosophy, but when there are competitors offering concrete projects and letting you fly out there to meet and interview with the teams you'd be working with, it's really hard to pick they "mystery" package that Dell was trying to offer.

Interview Questions

• Can't remember if the interviewer even asked any meaningful questions...   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dell in March 2015.

Interview

I had telephonic interview for internship. Panel of 3 had taken my interview. They asked everything from resume, no questions were asked which were outside of topic which i might not be able to answer. They explained me initially about whats the current technology in dell and then started with asking me about my previous job experience. Then they started with projets I had done and skill sets mentioned.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I knew data structures   1 Answer