Dell Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Was contacted 3-4 weeks after speaking with Dell recruiters at career fair. Went through a phone interview (HR and behavioral, talk about resume) and then a technical onsite interview (talk about past projects, behavioral, and some technical questions). Overall a good experience! Recruiter and interviewers were very nice.

Interview Questions

• Will not go into detail, but a mix of behavioral and technical.   1 Answer

Jan 31, 2017 – Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Thank you for sharing your experience - we are thrilled to have you join the Dell team!

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Dell (Hopkinton, MA).

Interview

Multiple phone conversations with a recruiter who set up a follow up interview with he hiring manager.
    I was later invited to come in for a full day interview.
    Marathon interview with 6 different people. Some very positive and wishing you luck to jin the team other asking why would you want to join the company?

Interview Questions

• Describe how did you handle pressure and deadlines in your previous job and what was the outcome?   1 Answer

MBA Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dell.

Interview

Very easy and relaxed. Just had a chat about the role and what I like and what I want to do. Spoke about my past experience and my current status. Sweet manager. Very caring and easy going but it was hard to get a proper project to enhance my experience. Very vague directions and no proper guidance/ data to work with.

Client Technical Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Round Rock, TX).

Interview

Applied in mid February right after they posted position on their website, got an interview early March. Interview was behavioral and tech. based. The two managers were very friendly and easy to talk to. Received an offer 2 weeks later. Make sure you have specific examples of your experiences regarding the behavior questions and catch up on some basic computer hardware/software.

Interview Questions

• What does the term RAID mean?   1 Answer

Apr 4, 2017 – Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Thanks for your review of your interview experience. Congratulations on your offer and welcome!

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dell.

Interview

The first interview was a phone screen by the recruiter, followed by a group interview with three employees with whom I'd interact if accepted into the role. The group interview was followed by a 1:1 interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Company-specific questions related to proprietary systems   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dell in April 2017.

Interview

Had 2 rounds of technical interviews (over phone). 1 st round - Data structures and 2 nd round is on Java basics. Questions are mostly like Cracking the Coding interview ones. Not too difficult. But never know why they reject even though you answer well.

Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dell.

Interview

apply online, get the interview, HR goes through standard questions one by one. Then you will be called for second round of interview and they will ask more technical questions related to work. Then final will be meet and greet.

Interview Questions

Dell Response

Apr 4, 2017 – Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Welcome to the Dell team! Thanks for sharing your experience.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Dell.

Interview

One round of technical interview and one HR interview and couple of salary related separate discussions. It took 4 weeks after technical interview to get offer letter. Salary discussed during the first discussion was pretty low than what I had expected. Hence there were couple of discussions to explain what I am expecting and why I am expecting.

Interview Questions

• How did I handle some difficult situation where my Boss did not favor my decision in the past   1 Answer

Apr 4, 2017 – Candidate and Employee Experience Team

We appreciate you sharing your feedback about your experience. Congratulations on your offer!

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Hopkinton, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

mainly focus on the projects I have done, and asked a few basic data structure questions. some behavior question like how do you do the communication with other group members. What is your role in your projects.

Interview Questions

Dell Response

Apr 4, 2017 – Candidate and Employee Experience Team

We have a high success rate with hires through our team members and employee referral program - thrilled you were able to get an interview and offer - welcome to the team!

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell in March 2017.

Interview

I heard about the job through a current employee. Got contacted by recruiter mid April for a quick phone screen, mostly behavioral questions and what technical skills do I possess.
    I was then invited to complete an online assessment to gauge my technical skills. Most questions were regarding storage, databases, networks and network troubleshooting. Two weeks after completing the online assessment I was invited to a panel interview. I did the interview and got the job offer a couple days after, a good offer :D

Overall the process was very enjoyable, believe me I have been interviewing for multiple companies for the past months. Everyone was super friendly and lay back and really want you to succeed.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you know about RAID?
      Tell me what you know about UNIX?
      Why should we hire you, what can you bring to the table?
      Why do you want to work for Dell EMC?
      Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dell (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Took about 30mins on the phone. i thought it was going to be three guys, but ended up being six persons interview and each took turn asking me questions. I took time and looked up more information on the VBLOCK system from EMC and understood more about the system

Interview Questions

• What is VBlock,
      what is HA