Dell Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Was contacted 3-4 weeks after speaking with Dell recruiters at career fair. Went through a phone interview (HR and behavioral, talk about resume) and then a technical onsite interview (talk about past projects, behavioral, and some technical questions). Overall a good experience! Recruiter and interviewers were very nice.

Interview Questions

• Will not go into detail, but a mix of behavioral and technical.   1 Answer

Jan 31, 2017 – Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Thank you for sharing your experience - we are thrilled to have you join the Dell team!

Interview

The interview consisted of video interviews via their online platform with 5 members on the team each with 30 min. Technical questions were asked from each of the interview which ranged from software design, architecture to coding practices, high level concepts, databases, multithreading topics and more.

The process was smooth and we had some interesting discussions. There were a few unexpected questions but besides that everything else was fair game.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Dell (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I interviewed with my hiring manager. One of his employees worked with me on a project at my previous company and recommended me to his manager. The hiring manager was looking for data storage professionals who had at least 10 years of experience.

Interview Questions

• Would I like to work for the world's number one data storage company?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dell.

Interview

it was easy. The people were nice, and it was about an hour long interview. the questions were the same as usual nothing surprising. It was a panel interview there were 4 people in the interview, and they asked the usual questions.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dell.

Interview

They initially contacted me from school because I have a resume at a career fair. I first had a phone interview and was soon asked to come in for an in-person interview. I interviewed with some team members and manager of the team.

Interview Questions

• teamwork experiences? time you took initiative? unique qualities (why you?)   Answer Question

Jul 3, 2017 – Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Thank you for sharing your experience interviewing with Dell - welcome to the company!

SSR - Support Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Dell (Austin, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Lunch, getting to know job requirements and expectations. Assuring job requirements meet experience. Reviewing matrix of job performance. Setting up team meeting to make sure job fit is good for candidate and team members.

Cyber Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dell (Atlanta, GA) in June 2017.

Interview

I had applied on the company website and was contacted by a recruiter on Linkedin. I was scheduled for a phone interview with the recruiter and after that they took a week or so to get back to me and scheduled another interview with another recruiter and the team manager, the interview was stressful and exhausting overall.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep yourself updated about security events? Which website or/and Linkedin groups do you follow?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Dell in May 2017.

Interview

First was a 30 min phone interview with the recruiter. She asked a few behavioral questions and talked to me about the position. Afterwards I was scheduled for another phone interview with a hiring manager. This interview was a lot more complicated- really focused on conflict and what you learned. I heard back a day later and flew up to MA for an onsite interview. There was an icebreaker, roleplaying activity with a manager and a tour of the facility.

Client Technical Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Round Rock, TX).

Interview

Applied in mid February right after they posted position on their website, got an interview early March. Interview was behavioral and tech. based. The two managers were very friendly and easy to talk to. Received an offer 2 weeks later. Make sure you have specific examples of your experiences regarding the behavior questions and catch up on some basic computer hardware/software.

Interview Questions

Dell Response

Apr 4, 2017 – Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Thanks for your review of your interview experience. Congratulations on your offer and welcome!

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Dell in May 2017.

Interview

Met with a couple of different managers. Interviews went well per both managers. However, follow up/responsiveness has been slow from the company to date. It appears the urgency to fill a position has subsided.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you successfully sold a deal to one of your customers?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Dell (Hopkinton, MA).

Interview

Multiple phone conversations with a recruiter who set up a follow up interview with he hiring manager.
    I was later invited to come in for a full day interview.
    Marathon interview with 6 different people. Some very positive and wishing you luck to jin the team other asking why would you want to join the company?

Interview Questions

• Describe how did you handle pressure and deadlines in your previous job and what was the outcome?   1 Answer