Dell Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Was contacted 3-4 weeks after speaking with Dell recruiters at career fair. Went through a phone interview (HR and behavioral, talk about resume) and then a technical onsite interview (talk about past projects, behavioral, and some technical questions). Overall a good experience! Recruiter and interviewers were very nice.

Interview Questions

• Will not go into detail, but a mix of behavioral and technical.   1 Answer

Jan 31, 2017 – Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Thank you for sharing your experience - we are thrilled to have you join the Dell team!

MBA Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dell.

Interview

Worst experience and company ever!!! Very unstructured process and people were SO RUDE!
    I went to NSHMBA conference and got an invitation to a private networking session with Dell people. But that happened in the morning and I forgot the exact time towards the time I was about to leave the conference in the afternoon. So I went back to their booth and waited to ask this quick question. Then a recruiter asked me to wait in line, and I told her I just wanted to double check the time. She doubtfully looked at me and turned back to another guy, whom I believe was a hiring manager, asked if he knew the time. The guy gave me a up and down look and told the HR lady, IN FRONT OF MY FACE, that he did not know me, and that she needed to be more careful about the information, "some people may try to sneak in".

I don't know what kind of company Dell is but this guy's behavior certainly reflects some facets about Dell's culture. They called me on the same night to schedule a interview on the next day. I declined because I had another interview around the same time. Now, I have removed Dell from my list because every time I thought about Dell, that guy's look, full with DISDAIN, always rise before me.

Software Engineer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Hopkinton, MA).

Interview

NEU COOL application, After resume screening, got email to set up a ohone call interview of 45 mins,
    Phone call with hiring manager, technical questions related to job, past experience, How hash map works?
    Then 5 interviews onsite:
    and then result came!

Interview Questions

• each interview covers a different area,
      Q. Algorithms, how you will sort infinite length string of alphabets
      Q. Puzzles, Orange and apples and Mix of two, Guess the what is in what box after just one guess.
      Q Design a system to store and sort the incoming data of integers so that it will be easy for searching and finding numbers below max or greater than.
      Q Past experience?
      Q linux related knowlegde?
      Q : Role specific, if its testing then about testing, about security of applications? etc
      Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Plano, TX).

Interview

Group interview with three soon to become peers. Each asking questions in different areas of the technology. They did allow opportunity to explain and I did not feel rushed.

Interview Questions

• Tools used, industry standards, etc.   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dell (Austin, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

A positive experience. A phone interview with recruiter, then next day an on-site interview. The phone interview was very personable. During the on-site interview there was a role play which was pretty straight forward. After the interview I received a phone call 30 minutes later from my recruiter offering my the job. Overall, GREAT Experience, andI'm excited to be a part of the Dell Team!

Onsite Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

The process was straight forward. I initially met with the hiring manger and then I had five phone screens by Leadership and Individual Contributing members of the Sales team. My last conversation was with HR prior to the offer coming.

Interview Questions

• General networking / technology questions. Talk about past experiences with customers and technology solutions.   Answer Question

Senior Pre-Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Dallas, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Got a call fro Recruter immediately, very friendly and professional. Communication from HR was very detailed and prompt. Interview was very professional and calm, they did not make me feel nervous.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The negotiation was smooth, inline with my salary and no counteroffer needed.

Electrical Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dell (Boston, MA).

Interview

It was at the Annual NSBE National Convention, in March 2016. Talked to the people at the Dell booth, they liked my resume, and scheduled for an interview later on that day. The interview was about 40 minutes long, and they told me I got an offer the next day.

Interview Questions

Dell Response

Jan 23, 2017 – Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Thanks for your review and we are glad that you are part of the team!

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Dallas, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Mostly phone calls with peers and manager - all very professional. To be clear, this was an internal reference where most of the people on the team already knew or worked with me in other Dell deals. While it is a new hire situation, in many respects it felt more like an internal transfer (going from EMC to Dell)

Interview Questions

• If I had the technical interest and experience to support the product in question   1 Answer

Jan 23, 2017 – Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. All of the best of luck to you in the future.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Dell (New York, NY).

Interview

the interview process was a phase approach. Initial phone screen then two to three phone conversations, moving to scheduling of face to face meeting. In person interview was at Dell on-site.

Interview Questions

• Describe several challenges you faced in your previous role.   Answer Question

Jan 3, 2017 – Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Thanks for sharing your interview experience with our team and our readers. Congratulations on your offer!

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dell (Miami, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online in November. Recruiter called for phone screening in late December. Few days later hiring manager called for a 45 minute phone interview. Interviewed onsite in January for 4 1/2 hours with 5 people. Lots of questions about past experience experience. A few questions about OOP concepts and Design patterns. A large part of the actual interview was information about dell processes and the overall flow of the office.

Interview Questions

Dell Response

Jan 23, 2017 – Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Thank you for sharing your experience with our readers. Best of luck to you!