Dell Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Was contacted 3-4 weeks after speaking with Dell recruiters at career fair. Went through a phone interview (HR and behavioral, talk about resume) and then a technical onsite interview (talk about past projects, behavioral, and some technical questions). Overall a good experience! Recruiter and interviewers were very nice.

Interview Questions

• Will not go into detail, but a mix of behavioral and technical.   1 Answer

Dell Response

Jan 31, 2017 – Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Thank you for sharing your experience - we are thrilled to have you join the Dell team!

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dell.

Interview

it was easy. The people were nice, and it was about an hour long interview. the questions were the same as usual nothing surprising. It was a panel interview there were 4 people in the interview, and they asked the usual questions.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dell.

Interview

They initially contacted me from school because I have a resume at a career fair. I first had a phone interview and was soon asked to come in for an in-person interview. I interviewed with some team members and manager of the team.

Interview Questions

• teamwork experiences? time you took initiative? unique qualities (why you?)   Answer Question

SSR - Support Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Dell (Austin, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Lunch, getting to know job requirements and expectations. Assuring job requirements meet experience. Reviewing matrix of job performance. Setting up team meeting to make sure job fit is good for candidate and team members.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Dell in May 2017.

Interview

First was a 30 min phone interview with the recruiter. She asked a few behavioral questions and talked to me about the position. Afterwards I was scheduled for another phone interview with a hiring manager. This interview was a lot more complicated- really focused on conflict and what you learned. I heard back a day later and flew up to MA for an onsite interview. There was an icebreaker, roleplaying activity with a manager and a tour of the facility.

Client Technical Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Round Rock, TX).

Interview

Applied in mid February right after they posted position on their website, got an interview early March. Interview was behavioral and tech. based. The two managers were very friendly and easy to talk to. Received an offer 2 weeks later. Make sure you have specific examples of your experiences regarding the behavior questions and catch up on some basic computer hardware/software.

Interview Questions

Dell Response

Apr 4, 2017 – Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Thanks for your review of your interview experience. Congratulations on your offer and welcome!

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Dell (Hopkinton, MA).

Interview

Multiple phone conversations with a recruiter who set up a follow up interview with he hiring manager.
    I was later invited to come in for a full day interview.
    Marathon interview with 6 different people. Some very positive and wishing you luck to jin the team other asking why would you want to join the company?

Interview Questions

• Describe how did you handle pressure and deadlines in your previous job and what was the outcome?   1 Answer

MBA Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dell.

Interview

Very easy and relaxed. Just had a chat about the role and what I like and what I want to do. Spoke about my past experience and my current status. Sweet manager. Very caring and easy going but it was hard to get a proper project to enhance my experience. Very vague directions and no proper guidance/ data to work with.

Strategic Sourcing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Dell (Austin, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

A recruiter (through a colleague) located me via LinkedIn and set up a phone interview with the hiring manager. Had an excellent discussion of over an hour about the role, my experience and strategy. Was then brought into the Global HQ for an interview with several stakeholders and peers.

It was a far different experience on site. I was supposed to meet with several people, and had prepared for such. However, half the interview list was replaced with others with no notice, some of which seemed perturbed and inconvenienced that they had to talk to me. The hour long time slot with the hiring manager was less than five minutes, and I got the feeling that someone else was already selected for the role. I left the campus rather bewildered and felt like I wasted two days (one to travel and the other to interview).

After three months of ghosting, a contact let me know that someone had started a few days after I was on site. Apparently, I was booked on a non-refundable flight, and this was a way of justifying the expense.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dell in April 2017.

Interview

Had 2 rounds of technical interviews (over phone). 1 st round - Data structures and 2 nd round is on Java basics. Questions are mostly like Cracking the Coding interview ones. Not too difficult. But never know why they reject even though you answer well.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Dell in April 2017.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me for an interesting role with Boomi. We set a time and they never called. Set a new time and they never called and then no longer replied to email. The lack of professionalism gives me pause on the whole organization as a customer or employee.