Dell Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Was contacted 3-4 weeks after speaking with Dell recruiters at career fair. Went through a phone interview (HR and behavioral, talk about resume) and then a technical onsite interview (talk about past projects, behavioral, and some technical questions). Overall a good experience! Recruiter and interviewers were very nice.

Interview Questions

• Will not go into detail, but a mix of behavioral and technical.   1 Answer

Jan 31, 2017 – Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Thank you for sharing your experience - we are thrilled to have you join the Dell team!

Interview

Two phone call interviews talking about my resume and my course works. Then, after one month, they invited me to their site on Santa Clara to do some simple python interview.

Solutions Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Dell (Austin, TX).

Interview

Interviews here are long and brutal. Expect 4-6 hours to see everyone. You spend 45 minutes with each team member--including peers and managers from the target team and adjacent ones. The questions weren't particularly hard or overly technical (aside from a few to confirm the resume was correct), most were to establish job culture compatibility.

Interview Questions

• You are given a task to perform and a date to complete it by. You find you can easily complete this task much earlier than the deadline, but you have other tasks on your workload as well. What do you do?   1 Answer

N/A Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dell.

Interview

Spoke with a recruiter that asked basic questions and gave information on the role and pay scale. Then interviewed with the team 2 1/2 weeks later on the phone.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about experience and prefessional desires.   Answer Question

Aug 10, 2017 – candidate and employee experience team

Thank you for your reviews.

Manager II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warren, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dell (Warren, NJ) in August 2017.

Interview

interviewed by IT Director and Regional director and discuss what the role is and the expectation on the job. Provide info on the logistics and coverage time and location in NJ and NY area.

Interview Questions

• What is my managerial background and experience   1 Answer

Event Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Dell.

Interview

After a 3rd-party recruiter contacted me about this position and submitted my resume. I had an in-person interview with the hiring manager which lasted about an hour. She focused on the duties of the role and asked some of the basic interview questions, along with asking for specific examples of how my previous experiences relates to their current role. It was a very positive experience overall.

Interview Questions

• How have you handled challenging personalities in the past?   Answer Question

Aug 10, 2017 – candidate and employee experience team

Thank you for your reviews and great to have you in the team.

Interview

The interview consisted of video interviews via their online platform with 5 members on the team each with 30 min. Technical questions were asked from each of the interview which ranged from software design, architecture to coding practices, high level concepts, databases, multithreading topics and more.

The process was smooth and we had some interesting discussions. There were a few unexpected questions but besides that everything else was fair game.

Interview Questions

Dell Response

Aug 10, 2017 – candidate and employee experience team

Thank you for your reviews and welcome to the family.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Dell (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I interviewed with my hiring manager. One of his employees worked with me on a project at my previous company and recommended me to his manager. The hiring manager was looking for data storage professionals who had at least 10 years of experience.

Interview Questions

• Would I like to work for the world's number one data storage company?   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dell (Little Rock, AR) in July 2017.

Interview

Intense, diverse, panel and ongoing. Process has taken about a month even though I have assurances of employment...no offer letter yet? Still waiting for follow-up directions from employer. Recv'd an email from HR rep inquiring about my salary needs. I informed him it would be 130k per year.

Interview Questions

• Would I be able to re-locate?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dell.

Interview

it was easy. The people were nice, and it was about an hour long interview. the questions were the same as usual nothing surprising. It was a panel interview there were 4 people in the interview, and they asked the usual questions.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dell.

Interview

They initially contacted me from school because I have a resume at a career fair. I first had a phone interview and was soon asked to come in for an in-person interview. I interviewed with some team members and manager of the team.

Interview Questions

• teamwork experiences? time you took initiative? unique qualities (why you?)   Answer Question

Jul 3, 2017 – Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Thank you for sharing your experience interviewing with Dell - welcome to the company!