Dell Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dell Interview Questions

Updated Nov 21, 2017

571 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dell.

Interview

Applied through University. Heard back the next day for an on campus interview.
    Interview was very easy with mostly behavioral questions. They sad I will hear back in at most 2 weeks. However never heard back from them. I tried emailing them multiple times but they did not respond. Very unprofessional attitude of such a large company

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dell (Boston, MA) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied through College. 30 minute brief interview. Questions based on resume. 2nd phone interview scheduled within 1 week. My signal was very poor and my phone went blank didnt work. They were super chill enough too reschedule. Technical questions based on technologies I had worked on and listed on resume. I really appreciate them rescheduling and frankly it doesn't matter what the outcome is.

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dell in November 2017.

Interview

I agreed to a phone screen. When it came to my scheduled time, I got no call. Even after emailing both the interviewer and the recruiter, I got no response for several days...complete waste of time.

Finance Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell.

Interview

Brief interview at my University's career center. Asked simple questions, about my experiences and team working capabilities. He also asked about my strongest soft skills, and difficult times I may have had with my team/groups during my time at school.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dell (Austin, TX).

Interview

The people running the interview, they were upset that I did not know a lot of information about their Company outside of the area I was applying for. basically gave me the attitude that I was too old to work in that department despite my sales experience. But there were HUNDREDS of "Eastern" H1B visa hires roaming around...

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know more about my knowledge of the company more than questions about making sales. was asked only one question specifically about making sales.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Pretty standard interview, interview on my college campus. 30 minutes that combined both technical and behavioral questions. 2 people for just me, the questions got more and more detailed as time went on. Know your projects that are on your resume! They asked really detailed questions about an app i created.

Global Services Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dell in October 2017.

Interview

It was 30 minutes and consisted of me and the interviewer. It was a campus interview and it went very well. The interviewer made me feel very comfortable and didn't ask any hard questions.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume and your academic achievements.   Answer Question

Dell Response

Nov 14, 2017 – candidate and employee experience team

Sorry to hear that an offer was not made. Hope there is a better suited role for you. All the best.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dell in October 2017.

Interview

I got an interview offer when I was at a conference where I met the project manager in person. It was a brief in-person interview where I was asked about my personal projects and my interest in this internship.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dell (West Lafayette, IN) in September 2017.

Interview

It was a smooth flowing conversation. I had two people interview me, together. We talked about some key points on my resume especially my work for non-profits and why chose to do them.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a little bit about yourself.
      Which department would you like to work in (for HR)   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waco, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dell (Waco, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with 2 people on my college campus. Interview was laid back and they asked questions to see why I was interested in accounting and their company, long-term goal type questions, and life experience questions.