Dell Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dell Interview Questions

Updated Mar 20, 2017

MBA Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dell.

Interview

Worst experience and company ever!!! Very unstructured process and people were SO RUDE!
    I went to NSHMBA conference and got an invitation to a private networking session with Dell people. But that happened in the morning and I forgot the exact time towards the time I was about to leave the conference in the afternoon. So I went back to their booth and waited to ask this quick question. Then a recruiter asked me to wait in line, and I told her I just wanted to double check the time. She doubtfully looked at me and turned back to another guy, whom I believe was a hiring manager, asked if he knew the time. The guy gave me a up and down look and told the HR lady, IN FRONT OF MY FACE, that he did not know me, and that she needed to be more careful about the information, "some people may try to sneak in".

I don't know what kind of company Dell is but this guy's behavior certainly reflects some facets about Dell's culture. They called me on the same night to schedule a interview on the next day. I declined because I had another interview around the same time. Now, I have removed Dell from my list because every time I thought about Dell, that guy's look, full with DISDAIN, always rise before me.

HPC Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dell in February 2017.

Interview

It was an on-campus interview for a summer internship. A person on the HPC team interviewed me. The interviewer started by introducing the HPC team and asked me to introduce my experiment in HPC. She then move on to questions - one on algorithm, one on SQL, and a lot on Linux. There was a bit time left for me to ask questions in the end. The interview lasted half an hour.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dell in February 2017.

Interview

An employee referred me to Isilon file system team. Then a recruiter called to give a brief about the team which will start with phone interview as a first step. An engineer from the team called and conducted technical interview. After that he told me that I am not fit to the team.

Interview Questions

• How to implement distributed lock for large-scale cluster   Answer Question
    • Writing C language to implement read lock and write lock   Answer Question

Senior Technical Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dell in February 2017.

Interview

Pleasant Interview via technology not face to face. Two managers and lead TAM. Each asked their own set of questions. Also allowed me to ask what I wanted to know.

Interview Questions

• 5 ways to be pro active in the TAM position   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dell (Miami, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online in November. Recruiter called for phone screening in late December. Few days later hiring manager called for a 45 minute phone interview. Interviewed onsite in January for 4 1/2 hours with 5 people. Lots of questions about past experience experience. A few questions about OOP concepts and Design patterns. A large part of the actual interview was information about dell processes and the overall flow of the office.

Interview Questions

Dell Response

Jan 23, 2017 – Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Thank you for sharing your experience with our readers. Best of luck to you!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and a recruiter reached me out to set up a phone interview with the team manager. He asked some basic stuff regarding the things on the resume. After that, I was set up two onsite interviews.
    First Day:
    Total 5 rounds - 4 coding and one director. Each one 45 min
    Whiteboard coding on arrays linkedlists and stacks.
    Second Day:
    5 rounds - 4 coding and one manager each 45 min
    Questions on arrays, bit manipulation, OS, linkedlists, stacks and queues.

Interview Questions

• Find a number in sorted rotated array, Adding and deleting elements in a linked list, Fibonacci series, Implement stacks using queues. Find the number of ones in a binary representation of a number, Sort elements of a stack using two stacks. find factorial of a number using recursion, Find the missing number in an array between 1 to n.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dell (Madison, WI) in January 2017.

Interview

I Interviewed on campus after an engineering career fair. The interview was brief and completely behavioral. They asked about my resume and my coding experience but no technical questions. Based on the style of the interview, it seems as though they pick their candidates based on their resume and personality.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Boston, MA) in December 2016.

Interview

Recruiter call then phone screen required coding over the phone plus on site. One interviewer didn't have the depth to understand a classic algorithm. often, they want you to find the answer they had in mind that is (they think) the one true smart solution.

Interview Questions

Dell Response

Jan 3, 2017 – Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Thank you for your review and sharing your experience with us. We will use this feedback to make interviewing improvements across our teams so this detail is very appreciated and useful.

Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dell (Austin, TX).

Interview

I live outside of TX so had two phone interviews. They ask basic questions including, goals, why i want to change jobs, why i wanted to work for them, what will i bring to the company as an individual and a professional etc... they care about work experience and wasn't given an offer because the position required 5+ years of experience.

Inside Sales Representative III Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dell in November 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by an HR generalist and they told me that they would like to set up an interview. They found my resume online from a previous submission. At the scheduled tome, I showed up and was immediately met by a Dell manager and taken back to a conference room where a colleague attended plus one on the phone. I was asked several questions and even though I had done the job for 10 years previously they had concerns. True story, wow.