Dell Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,918 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

1. Featured Interview

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Was contacted 3-4 weeks after speaking with Dell recruiters at career fair. Went through a phone interview (HR and behavioral, talk about resume) and then a technical onsite interview (talk about past projects, behavioral, and some technical questions). Overall a good experience! Recruiter and interviewers were very nice.

Interview Questions

• Will not go into detail, but a mix of behavioral and technical.   1 Answer

Dell Response

Jan 31, 2017 – Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Thank you for sharing your experience - we are thrilled to have you join the Dell team!

Supply Demand Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Dell (Austin, TX).

Interview

Was interviewed on phone by the recruiter, then the next interview was scheduled. In the second phase I was interviewed by six individuals within three hr timeframe. It took about a month to hear back on the results.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions specifically focused on how qualified you are for the role.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Dell.

Interview

Was offered contract at first and while I thought that was odd I found it was actually common at Dell. Converted to full time a short time later. Don't be intimidated if they are only looking for contact positions.

Interview Questions

Interview

Two phone call interviews talking about my resume and my course works. Then, after one month, they invited me to their site on Santa Clara to do some simple python interview.

Global Integration Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dell (Austin, TX).

Interview

Interview was held in a small conference room with three employees. Overview of position was given and then questions asked by interviewers. They presented a relaxed and comfortable environment. All seemed to have good personalities. They said decision would probably be made in two weeks.

Solutions Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Dell (Austin, TX).

Interview

Interviews here are long and brutal. Expect 4-6 hours to see everyone. You spend 45 minutes with each team member--including peers and managers from the target team and adjacent ones. The questions weren't particularly hard or overly technical (aside from a few to confirm the resume was correct), most were to establish job culture compatibility.

Interview Questions

• You are given a task to perform and a date to complete it by. You find you can easily complete this task much earlier than the deadline, but you have other tasks on your workload as well. What do you do?   1 Answer

N/A Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dell.

Interview

Spoke with a recruiter that asked basic questions and gave information on the role and pay scale. Then interviewed with the team 2 1/2 weeks later on the phone.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about experience and prefessional desires.   Answer Question

Dell Response

Aug 10, 2017 – candidate and employee experience team

Thank you for your reviews.

Global Principal Architect Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dell in August 2017.

Interview

Round #1 - HR initial screen
    Round #2 - (more than 2 months later) call with Sr. Director

Advised it was a 7 step process. (Really? ... laughable but hey their shop their call)

Interview Questions

• Imagine an out of the gate interaction for a senior level role where the firm's representative INSTRUCTS you to answer only in the shortest form possible. Example: Answer Yes or No questions only with a Yes or No - don't elaborate or give additional clarity. Answer percentage questions with only a percentage answer - no additional info ... and this is how we'll spend the next 40 minutes. I ask you a question - you give an absolute minimal answer.

Now image this firm's Sr. Director speaking to another person of tenure, senior career Managing Partner and making such a requirement under the specious claim that "otherwise we would talk for hours".

So you try and be professional and accommodating to their chosen approach and you start down this ridiculous road. Clearly, the individual having the "playbook" of questions hasn't a soft skill set within him ... but remember this person will also be your direct manager and your introduction to him is "You will answer only with a Yes or No when I ask questions". Hell even on Law & Order the witness had more latitude.   1 Answer

Project Manager Senior Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Dell (Round Rock, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

The process over two months with three phone interviews. The first interview was basic project management questions and resume review. The second interview was resume focused and the third interview was extremely detailed project management questions and some questions outside the scope of the job description responsibilities. I did not receive an offer and the reason was that I didn't have enough of a skill that was not a requirement or even listed in the job description.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you were in charge of a project that failed. What was the result, were you fired or demoted?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Dell?   Answer Question
    • Looking at your resume, on the third bullet when you worked for company xyz, how did you quantify an increase of 20%?   Answer Question
    • Name three words to describe yourself.   Answer Question
    • What method or model do you mostly use to roadmap?   Answer Question
    • What was the total monetary value of the largest project you led?   Answer Question
    • How do you build a consensus when you have two or more stakeholders that are in disagreement with the direction or results of a project?   Answer Question
    • How much experience do you have with CRM?   Answer Question
    • Are you able to travel at least 10%?   Answer Question
    • How do you know if a project is on schedule by reviewing the budget?   Answer Question

Manager II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warren, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dell (Warren, NJ) in August 2017.

Interview

interviewed by IT Director and Regional director and discuss what the role is and the expectation on the job. Provide info on the logistics and coverage time and location in NJ and NY area.

Interview Questions

• What is my managerial background and experience   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Dell (Franklin, MA) in August 2017.

Interview

In person interview is very structured, but it just shows they are serious and a legitimate company. The first part was an icebreaker, why YOU for dell? The day consisted of 3 interviews, one being a role play on converged infrastructure. A tour and shadowing of current rep is also included.

Interview Questions

• What's the biggest risk you've had to take?   1 Answer