Dell Senior Software Development Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dell Senior Software Development Engineer Interview Questions

3.2

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dell (Austin, TX) in June 2011.

Interview

One phone screen interview. Invited on site for three interviews with development/architecture leads. The interviews consisted on discussion of past projects, SW development methodologies, talking through architecture/design decisions. Two of the interviews required coding in C. One consisted of link list operations and the other on binary search trees.

Interview Questions

• Display all values of a BST from low to high order   1 Answer
    • Flip the order of a Single linked list   1 Answer

Offer salary was equivalent to salary at current employer. Upper range of position was not as high as with my current employer, hence salary growth over time was in question.

Anonymous Employee in Nashua, NH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dell (Nashua, NH) in September 2009.

Interview

Pretty standard process. Phone screen followed by interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Don't mention current salary. If you can, find out what the same job title pays in that dept and demand the same salary. They won't give you the salary for your position if you are making too less now

Software Development Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dell (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2014.

Interview

Technical Interviews are simple as the interviewers are 1970 programmers - they have never worked on new technologies. They do not take profiles directly or referral - usually thru an agency who get paid big money for placing. Seems a lot of kickback goes to the leadership team. Interviews are just an eyewash as things are predetermined. Ladies are hired with only one round of interview

Interview Questions

• Explain architecture details of previous project   1 Answer

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Hyderabad (India)) in December 2010.

Interview

Recruiter gave me a call and I was on my way for the walkin. It seems Dell had lot of opening at 5+ years in all technologies. This is Dell's in-house software development unit that backs Dell's core business of selling PCs,laptops et al.The company was probably not prepared for a huge turn out . My first round was conducted after 2 hours of stipulated time period.The first one was a technical round where generic technical questions were asked. Then I was asked for a 2nd round which was related to my work experience.Then there was a 3rd telephonic round HR round(after 15 days) which was to test interpersonal skills.I found all my interviewers to be fair and very nice.What I inferred from them is this company takes good care of employees.

Interview Questions

Since I got a better offer work wise and secondly I was not happy with the designation hence did not join.

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2010.

Interview

1st Offshore tech round.
    2nd Client Tech round.
    3rd Manager round (not necessarily).
    4th HR round.

Interview Questions

• You can expect some DBA questions for normal Database developer/Senior Database developer position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was recession time, so couldn't negotiate much but if niche technology you can negotiate to some good extent even during recession time.

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2010.

Interview

Probably a written test, followed my 2-3 technical interviews, 1 Manager round and HR.

Interview Questions

• Mostly questions will be on designing a solution and on optimization.   Answer Question