Dell Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Was contacted 3-4 weeks after speaking with Dell recruiters at career fair. Went through a phone interview (HR and behavioral, talk about resume) and then a technical onsite interview (talk about past projects, behavioral, and some technical questions). Overall a good experience! Recruiter and interviewers were very nice.

Interview Questions

• Will not go into detail, but a mix of behavioral and technical.   1 Answer

Dell Response

Jan 31, 2017 – Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Thank you for sharing your experience - we are thrilled to have you join the Dell team!

President, China/Hong Kong Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Austin, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

multiple interviews with each interview focused on a Dell core competency to see how well i match to each competency. if yo pass the assessment from the interviewer you are passed to another interviewer that will test you against other Dell core competencies. In all i was interviewed by 15 people.

Interview Questions

• can you deal with high levels of job ambiguity and still be successful?   1 Answer

Principal Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cyberjaya (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Cyberjaya (Malaysia)) in October 2016.

Interview

Face to face interview on site for 30 minutes by a Project Manager. Asked questions about my resume and technology questions. After that, a 1 hour phone interview with a software manager from India. asked 100% deep technical programming questions, from basic to advanced, with breadth and depth. 5 days later, a 3rd phone interview with a principal engineer from US. It lasted 30 minutes, with the same deep technical questions.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between just "throw" and "throw Exception"?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Telephone, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dell (Telephone, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

It was a difficult interview some questions were like they are being readied from google and were asked so overall you need to prepare the questions from google and try that learn the logic

Interview Questions

• How to reverse a string
      What is Play.wait
      1 Answer

Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bucharest (Romania)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Bucharest (Romania)) in May 2015.

Interview

Very rigorous process. Multiple steps including remote interviews. They are focused on candidates and their experience, knowledge, skills, attitudes, and behaviors, as these will better reveal which candidates are most likely to be successful in the position. The interviewers were very knowledgeable and asked pertinent questions. The whole process lasted no more than 3 weeks. I had 3 interviews and a final one with the country lead. The TA department was very helpful at times.

Interview Questions

• When do you say no to your manager   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't much of a negotiation.. They are not that flexible

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dell (Boston, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

Initial HR contact/interview. Group manager phone interview. Then there was the team member phone interview. He didn't tell me who he was I had to ask him who he was. I was emailed questions to answer. Apparently I answered them incorrectly. I had a a very difficult time understanding him since he had a very strong accent. It didn't help that I was on speaker and constantly asking him to repeat himself. At times I just answered "Yes" not really knowing what I was answering to and then realized it wasn't a yes or no question.....but felt uncomfortable asking him to repeat himself for the 3rd or 4th time. I talked about 1 previous project and wanted to discuss another and he didn't want me to continue. I wasn't asked questions about what I had previously worked on. I did contact the HR recruiter to get feedback and to let him know that there were some communication issues but never got a response.

Product Line Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Austin, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Walk through the Resume and deep dive into the details, challenge when you say something not making sense. Also ask how does your background fit the position you apply for, and ask you to picture what you will do when working for Dell. What kind of challenges do you anticipate and overcome?

Interview Questions

• What are the outcomes from this project from your Resume   Answer Question

Field Technical Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Dell.

Interview

The hiring is based solely on politics. In this position alone, four Dell employees applied, but no one had an interview. The position was given to someone who didn't earned the opportunity.

Senior Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dell (Austin, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

You sit in a room and meet with approximately 7 individuals one at a time. This takes four to five hours and is very exhausting. There is no break and you aren't offered any water or coffee. It's very professional but the people interviewing you are very busy and don't have a lot of time. After the last interviewer left I was left to find my way out of the building. I was stopped by a security guard who called back the last interviewer to escort me to the exit. Needless to say the interviewer was annoyed by the inconvenience and I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• I don't really remember the questions. They we pretty standard. The marathon interview session is designed to break down your defenses.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in July 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by email from a guy from Dell to set up a phone call. After the initial phone call he set up a call with the project manager from the US. I've got an email with the argument of the call, mainly background and motivational, insted it was full of very technical and specific questions.
    I received no feedback after this call, just an email for 2 more calls, this time tecnical (they wrote), they already sent me the dates, without asking if I were free. very roude. The first call was with a guy with a very strong indian accent and It was very difficoult to understand, at the second call, nobody showed up and I listened the waiting music for half an hour.
    In the mean time, another recruiter from Dell, send me an email for scheduling a call for the same position, very organized company.
    They rescedule the last call, blaming a problem with the phone, but I think they simple do not care of the people.

At the end of the process (2 week later the last call), I receive a call telling me they decided not to proced in the process.

Interview Questions

• What is your opinion about multicast delegate?   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dell (Round Rock, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

The first half of the interview was amazing. Very easy, they got to know me as a person. The second half of the interview was not what I had expected. My recruiter told me to have an understanding of one of the products I would be generating leads for but when I got into the interview they wanted me to give a thorough explanation of all of the products, draw a diagram explaining their functions, then sell it to them. I don't see how that is possible if a person doesn't have the proper training.