Dell Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Was contacted 3-4 weeks after speaking with Dell recruiters at career fair. Went through a phone interview (HR and behavioral, talk about resume) and then a technical onsite interview (talk about past projects, behavioral, and some technical questions). Overall a good experience! Recruiter and interviewers were very nice.

Interview Questions

• Will not go into detail, but a mix of behavioral and technical.   1 Answer

Dell Response

Jan 31, 2017 – Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Thank you for sharing your experience - we are thrilled to have you join the Dell team!

Director of Cyber Security Division Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beersheba (Israel)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Beersheba (Israel)) in March 2017.

Interview

Well, I was called for about 5-6 times.
    HR, professional exams, That included exams, clearance and so on.

In my opinion, I believe it's way to many times to come for a job interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with stress?   1 Answer

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Dell (Bengaluru (India)) in December 2016.

Interview

One of the toughest interview i have seen so far. Interview is based on live scenarios and situations. With one round can easily evaluate the persons abilities.

BDR Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dell in March 2017.

Interview

multiple rounds over phone, each increasing in difficulty as higher ranked indviduals were brought in. While informative the answer that they were looking for was generally unclear. This was made worse by the lack of co-ordination and long wait times between calls. If you interview with this company make sure you already have supporters on the inside to keep you updated and the interviewers on task

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dell (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2015.

Interview

For fresher -
    1. 3 months of software testing and other technical training followed by 5-10 rounds of interview with technical people. Every week exams were conducted to measure the knowledge gained from the training. Results has been shared with the technical managers at the office.
    2. One final interview happened after all the screening and then selected people where called for attending HR interview.

3. HR interview

President, China/Hong Kong Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Austin, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

multiple interviews with each interview focused on a Dell core competency to see how well i match to each competency. if yo pass the assessment from the interviewer you are passed to another interviewer that will test you against other Dell core competencies. In all i was interviewed by 15 people.

Interview Questions

• can you deal with high levels of job ambiguity and still be successful?   1 Answer

Principal Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cyberjaya (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Cyberjaya (Malaysia)) in October 2016.

Interview

Face to face interview on site for 30 minutes by a Project Manager. Asked questions about my resume and technology questions. After that, a 1 hour phone interview with a software manager from India. asked 100% deep technical programming questions, from basic to advanced, with breadth and depth. 5 days later, a 3rd phone interview with a principal engineer from US. It lasted 30 minutes, with the same deep technical questions.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between just "throw" and "throw Exception"?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Telephone, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dell (Telephone, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

It was a difficult interview some questions were like they are being readied from google and were asked so overall you need to prepare the questions from google and try that learn the logic

Interview Questions

• How to reverse a string
      What is Play.wait   1 Answer

Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bucharest (Romania)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Bucharest (Romania)) in May 2015.

Interview

Very rigorous process. Multiple steps including remote interviews. They are focused on candidates and their experience, knowledge, skills, attitudes, and behaviors, as these will better reveal which candidates are most likely to be successful in the position. The interviewers were very knowledgeable and asked pertinent questions. The whole process lasted no more than 3 weeks. I had 3 interviews and a final one with the country lead. The TA department was very helpful at times.

Interview Questions

• When do you say no to your manager   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't much of a negotiation.. They are not that flexible

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dell (Boston, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

Initial HR contact/interview. Group manager phone interview. Then there was the team member phone interview. He didn't tell me who he was I had to ask him who he was. I was emailed questions to answer. Apparently I answered them incorrectly. I had a a very difficult time understanding him since he had a very strong accent. It didn't help that I was on speaker and constantly asking him to repeat himself. At times I just answered "Yes" not really knowing what I was answering to and then realized it wasn't a yes or no question.....but felt uncomfortable asking him to repeat himself for the 3rd or 4th time. I talked about 1 previous project and wanted to discuss another and he didn't want me to continue. I wasn't asked questions about what I had previously worked on. I did contact the HR recruiter to get feedback and to let him know that there were some communication issues but never got a response.

Product Line Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Austin, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Walk through the Resume and deep dive into the details, challenge when you say something not making sense. Also ask how does your background fit the position you apply for, and ask you to picture what you will do when working for Dell. What kind of challenges do you anticipate and overcome?

Interview Questions

• What are the outcomes from this project from your Resume   Answer Question