Dell Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Was contacted 3-4 weeks after speaking with Dell recruiters at career fair. Went through a phone interview (HR and behavioral, talk about resume) and then a technical onsite interview (talk about past projects, behavioral, and some technical questions). Overall a good experience! Recruiter and interviewers were very nice.

Interview Questions

• Will not go into detail, but a mix of behavioral and technical.   1 Answer

Dell Response

Jan 31, 2017 – Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Thank you for sharing your experience - we are thrilled to have you join the Dell team!

Sales Enablement Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Dell (Austin, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

Talked with hiring manager for 30 minutes over the phone. He lives in a different state. I then met in person with a local manager who would be working with me for day to day projects.

Interview Questions

• How did you develop sales training learning paths at your last company? Give examples. Who would you work with to determine what content to cover in the training programs?   Answer Question

Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dell in March 2013.

Interview

one telephonic then face to face and then manager round, manager round was also telephonic, apart from this there was also a lab exam for f5 LTMs. First screening is done by HR then comes technical rounds.

IT Helpdesk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bratislava (Slovakia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Bratislava (Slovakia)) in April 2013.

Interview

Two phone screens prior to onsite. I was scheduled a F2F interview with 2 people. They asked a series of technical and behavioral questions, which was fairly easy but the questions regarding subnet mask was not answered on my part. Anyway, throughout the whole interview I had trouble communicating with one person. She was simply proud of being tough. She was using confrontation, aggressive techniques to try to rattle me. From the beginning, I was constantly derided by her. For example, she was ironically glancing at another person that conducted the interview, she was also making a face and showing a body language of contempt towards me; ironic half-smiling casually; she was making fun of my answers all the time. This was very unprofessional and rude of her. I kept my voice calm though. This pathetic, insulting experience leads me to believe it is best to avoid applying to Dell Bratislava. Not mention the fact that I have never been reimbursed for the costs I made to come to the interview (flight, hotel etc)

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between an IP and a default gateway?   Answer Question

Dell Applications Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dell in October 2016.

Interview

The interview was very simple. I was only asked behavioral questions and recruiters were very nice and not intimidating at all. This was my first interview and I had a very good experience.

Program Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Dell (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2015.

Interview

There was a written test and then a technical interview, managerial interview and HR round.
    Written test was all about basic concepts. Technical interview was really cool, they took for me over 45-50 minutes to test my coding abilities and concepts knowledge. Managerial round is bit tricky. They will ask you some real life scenarios and you should be able to give an appropriate answer to impress that manager. HR interview is just a fomality I felt. They just check your communication skills and if reach till HR round no need to worry.

Interview Questions

• To delete duplicate records in a database table.
      ADO.Net Concepts   Answer Question

Senior Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dell in January 2017.

Interview

pretty straight forward, phone interviews, 3 interviewees were asking question by questions, one face to face, the other two were thorugh phone calls. The line was not that clear and psl be careful in listening and answering her questions. those questions were not hard and pretty direct. this interview lasted around 45 mins, and questions to be asked. Please reach there early to secure a parking slot. And please

Network Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dell (Chennai (India)).

Interview

Online Test 45 ques (15 Aptitude and 30 Tech) in 60 min
    2 One on One Technical Interview Round ( 50 min and 20 min) resp
    And finally HR Round 15 min

Interview Questions

• Average to above Average questions in Netowork( Layer 2 and 3 ; Routing protocols)
       OS Questions ( Linux based)
      Data Structures (Appplication based Implementation)
      C Programming & Logical Questions   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jaipur, Rajasthan (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dell (Jaipur, Rajasthan (India)) in September 2017.

Interview

Dell came to our campus and around 180 students sitted for the drive. The hiring process had 3 rounds. Aptitude/Technical round, technical interview and HR interview. Aptitude round had 3 sections i.e. quantitative, technical and object oriented section. The quatitative was of moderate level, technical was also of moderate level where they asked questions for DS, Algorithms, Data Comm., OS and DBMS. Object oriented section had 2 choices, we could either choose C++ or Java. I chose java and questions were tricky. After first round they selected 48 students. Technical was also of moderate level. They asked on my project and resume, and then a lot of questions were asked from java, c and data structures but they were quite easy. Finally we had HR round and they asked basic HR questions. Overall process was good.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my project in detail from idea, to starting, to process of development, how did we do it and my key role in project and problems faced during development.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandigarh (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dell (Chandigarh (India)) in September 2017.

Interview

First round was Aptitude , Verbal and Technical on HirePro . Aptitude was little bit advanced . Verbal contained paragraph and comprehensions and Technical contained most of the questions form the XML HTML AND CSS AND some pointer questions . Total 10 were selected for next round from 200 students

Interview Questions

• Tags which were deprecated in HTML5 but present in HTML 4   Answer Question

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Dell (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied through a consultancy. Had three rounds of interview. 1st - HR round, 2nd Ops Round and the 3rd Versant Test Round. HR round was a very simple round, The interviewer asked us talk about our self for 3 minutes. Ops round was basically to test your knowledge on computers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself.
      Why do you want to work for our Company?
      What do you know about our company?
      How do you spend your day?
      Technical questions like : Which PC configuration would you suggest for a gamer who is ready to spend any amount of money?   Answer Question