Dell Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,691 Interview Reviews

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Was contacted 3-4 weeks after speaking with Dell recruiters at career fair. Went through a phone interview (HR and behavioral, talk about resume) and then a technical onsite interview (talk about past projects, behavioral, and some technical questions). Overall a good experience! Recruiter and interviewers were very nice.

Interview Questions

• Will not go into detail, but a mix of behavioral and technical.   1 Answer

Dell Response

Jan 31, 2017 – Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Thank you for sharing your experience - we are thrilled to have you join the Dell team!

MBA Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dell.

Interview

Worst experience and company ever!!! Very unstructured process and people were SO RUDE!
    I went to NSHMBA conference and got an invitation to a private networking session with Dell people. But that happened in the morning and I forgot the exact time towards the time I was about to leave the conference in the afternoon. So I went back to their booth and waited to ask this quick question. Then a recruiter asked me to wait in line, and I told her I just wanted to double check the time. She doubtfully looked at me and turned back to another guy, whom I believe was a hiring manager, asked if he knew the time. The guy gave me a up and down look and told the HR lady, IN FRONT OF MY FACE, that he did not know me, and that she needed to be more careful about the information, "some people may try to sneak in".

I don't know what kind of company Dell is but this guy's behavior certainly reflects some facets about Dell's culture. They called me on the same night to schedule a interview on the next day. I declined because I had another interview around the same time. Now, I have removed Dell from my list because every time I thought about Dell, that guy's look, full with DISDAIN, always rise before me.

Software Engineer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Hopkinton, MA).

Interview

NEU COOL application, After resume screening, got email to set up a ohone call interview of 45 mins,
    Phone call with hiring manager, technical questions related to job, past experience, How hash map works?
    Then 5 interviews onsite:
    and then result came!

Interview Questions

• each interview covers a different area,
      Q. Algorithms, how you will sort infinite length string of alphabets
      Q. Puzzles, Orange and apples and Mix of two, Guess the what is in what box after just one guess.
      Q Design a system to store and sort the incoming data of integers so that it will be easy for searching and finding numbers below max or greater than.
      Q Past experience?
      Q linux related knowlegde?
      Q : Role specific, if its testing then about testing, about security of applications? etc

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dell (Madison, WI) in January 2017.

Interview

I Interviewed on campus after an engineering career fair. The interview was brief and completely behavioral. They asked about my resume and my coding experience but no technical questions. Based on the style of the interview, it seems as though they pick their candidates based on their resume and personality.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Dell (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2015.

Interview

The initial process was a telephonic around with an Assistant Manager, which was based on basic selling skills. The second round was with the Reporting Manager TL, this is was concept selling and consultative selling skills based. Questions were in line with Dell products portfolio, basics about Dell operations and sales pitch about IT products.

Interview Questions

• Brief introduction about yourself to start with?
      Tell us something about Dell and why you want to work with Dell?
      What makes you the best candidate for an Inside Sales Accounts Manager role?
      How do you sell an extended IT portfolio to a client?
      Meaning of Dell Logo.
      Answer Question

Negotiation

It was based on last draw and hike of 40% was offered.

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Dell in March 2015.

Interview

Applied and heard back 5 months later (wtf?). Interviewer with recruiter was to clarify that you were aware of the skills listed in the job description. Second interview with members of the team included being on the phone, dealing with behavioral questions, and describing/defining technical terms. Third interview was in person, an hour and half, and consisted of white boarding some basic coding, role playing scenarios, and dealing with more behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• You have this data, write a SQL INNER JOIN command for data from table A, and data from table B.

Tell me about a time where you showed integrity?

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Plano, TX).

Interview

Group interview with three soon to become peers. Each asking questions in different areas of the technology. They did allow opportunity to explain and I did not feel rushed.

Interview Questions

• Tools used, industry standards, etc.   1 Answer

Enterprise Technical Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in December 2016.

Interview

Lengthy. 3 stage process. 1st stage is introductory. Technical basics of networking, storage, protocols. 2nd stage is customer related. What would you do if...
    3rd stage is technical interview. Deeper questions about the same subjects as 1st stage. 3rd stage might get you in trouble if you're not prepared.
    Study the basics of networking, raid, storage systems, netw protocols, most used udp/tcp ports and you should be ok.

Interview Questions

• What is Raid 0,1,5,6,10,50,60.   1 Answer

Software Development Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Guwahati (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dell (Guwahati (India)) in December 2016.

Interview

It was a nice experience. Dell came to our campus in December 2016. The interview was of 4 rounds including HR after the written examination. The interviewers were really nice and helpful. Being an Electronics masters student the interviewers were really helpful to us.

Interview Questions

• Different coding problems and asked about my M.Tech project in detail.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Austin, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

I was referred by a friend who interned there last year, and they gave me a single phone interview where they told me about the project they would have me work on, and asked me about my experience in a couple of languages.

Senior Pre-Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Dallas, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Got a call fro Recruter immediately, very friendly and professional. Communication from HR was very detailed and prompt. Interview was very professional and calm, they did not make me feel nervous.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The negotiation was smooth, inline with my salary and no counteroffer needed.