Dell Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,810 Interview Reviews

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Hopkinton, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

mainly focus on the projects I have done, and asked a few basic data structure questions. some behavior question like how do you do the communication with other group members. What is your role in your projects.

Interview Questions

Dell Response

Apr 4, 2017 – Candidate and Employee Experience Team

We have a high success rate with hires through our team members and employee referral program - thrilled you were able to get an interview and offer - welcome to the team!

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell in March 2017.

Interview

I heard about the job through a current employee. Got contacted by recruiter mid April for a quick phone screen, mostly behavioral questions and what technical skills do I possess.
    I was then invited to complete an online assessment to gauge my technical skills. Most questions were regarding storage, databases, networks and network troubleshooting. Two weeks after completing the online assessment I was invited to a panel interview. I did the interview and got the job offer a couple days after, a good offer :D

Overall the process was very enjoyable, believe me I have been interviewing for multiple companies for the past months. Everyone was super friendly and lay back and really want you to succeed.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you know about RAID?
      Tell me what you know about UNIX?
      Why should we hire you, what can you bring to the table?
      Why do you want to work for Dell EMC?
      Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dell (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Took about 30mins on the phone. i thought it was going to be three guys, but ended up being six persons interview and each took turn asking me questions. I took time and looked up more information on the VBLOCK system from EMC and understood more about the system

Interview Questions

• What is VBlock,
      what is HA
      what is snapshot
      1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dell (Kansas City, MO) in March 2017.

Interview

My interview was at a conference, they looked at my resume and setup an interview. The questions were mostly behavioral, to see why I like computer science and we also talked about the projects I've worked on to see if I actually know how to code. On top of that there were technical questions, like what data structure would you use if you want to do this.

Interview Questions

• What is the a core and important concept to understand in computer science?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Dell (Round Rock, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Half questions that are general HR related. (Ex: How do you handle stress?) The other half are technical questions. (Ex: If I gave you a box full of computer components, what parts do you need to build a functional PC?)

Interview Questions

• If you are at a theme park with a group of friends and no one can decide on what to do, how do you decide what your group should do?   1 Answer
    • If I gave you a box full of computer components, what parts do you need to build a functional PC?   1 Answer
    • What is RAID?   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dell (Austin, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

A positive experience. A phone interview with recruiter, then next day an on-site interview. The phone interview was very personable. During the on-site interview there was a role play which was pretty straight forward. After the interview I received a phone call 30 minutes later from my recruiter offering my the job. Overall, GREAT Experience, andI'm excited to be a part of the Dell Team!

Interview Questions

Dell Response

Apr 4, 2017 – Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Thrilled to hear your experience overall was positive - thanks for sharing your experience and we are ALSO excited to have you be a part of the team!

Software Engineer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Hopkinton, MA).

Interview

NEU COOL application, After resume screening, got email to set up a ohone call interview of 45 mins,
    Phone call with hiring manager, technical questions related to job, past experience, How hash map works?
    Then 5 interviews onsite:
    and then result came!

Interview Questions

• each interview covers a different area,
      Q. Algorithms, how you will sort infinite length string of alphabets
      Q. Puzzles, Orange and apples and Mix of two, Guess the what is in what box after just one guess.
      Q Design a system to store and sort the incoming data of integers so that it will be easy for searching and finding numbers below max or greater than.
      Q Past experience?
      Q linux related knowlegde?
      Q : Role specific, if its testing then about testing, about security of applications? etc
      Answer Question

Apr 4, 2017 – Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Thanks for sharing your experience including all of the interview question examples - this is really helpful to our other co-op and internship candidates!

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Plano, TX).

Interview

Group interview with three soon to become peers. Each asking questions in different areas of the technology. They did allow opportunity to explain and I did not feel rushed.

Interview Questions

• Tools used, industry standards, etc.   1 Answer

Apr 4, 2017 – Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Thanks for your review and welcome to Dell!

Onsite Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

The process was straight forward. I initially met with the hiring manger and then I had five phone screens by Leadership and Individual Contributing members of the Sales team. My last conversation was with HR prior to the offer coming.

Interview Questions

• General networking / technology questions. Talk about past experiences with customers and technology solutions.   Answer Question

Apr 4, 2017 – Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Thank you for your review - we appreciate you sharing your experience. Welcome to the company!!

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dell in February 2017.

Interview

An employee referred me to Isilon file system team. Then a recruiter called to give a brief about the team which will start with phone interview as a first step. An engineer from the team called and conducted technical interview. After that he told me that I am not fit to the team.

Interview Questions

• How to implement distributed lock for large-scale cluster   Answer Question
    • Writing C language to implement read lock and write lock   Answer Question