Dell Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,810 Interview Reviews

2.9

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Dell (New York, NY).

Interview

the interview process was a phase approach. Initial phone screen then two to three phone conversations, moving to scheduling of face to face meeting. In person interview was at Dell on-site.

Interview Questions

• Describe several challenges you faced in your previous role.   Answer Question

Jan 3, 2017 – Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Thanks for sharing your interview experience with our team and our readers. Congratulations on your offer!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dell (Miami, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online in November. Recruiter called for phone screening in late December. Few days later hiring manager called for a 45 minute phone interview. Interviewed onsite in January for 4 1/2 hours with 5 people. Lots of questions about past experience experience. A few questions about OOP concepts and Design patterns. A large part of the actual interview was information about dell processes and the overall flow of the office.

Interview Questions

Dell Response

Jan 23, 2017 – Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Thank you for sharing your experience with our readers. Best of luck to you!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and a recruiter reached me out to set up a phone interview with the team manager. He asked some basic stuff regarding the things on the resume. After that, I was set up two onsite interviews.
    First Day:
    Total 5 rounds - 4 coding and one director. Each one 45 min
    Whiteboard coding on arrays linkedlists and stacks.
    Second Day:
    5 rounds - 4 coding and one manager each 45 min
    Questions on arrays, bit manipulation, OS, linkedlists, stacks and queues.

Interview Questions

• Find a number in sorted rotated array, Adding and deleting elements in a linked list, Fibonacci series, Implement stacks using queues. Find the number of ones in a binary representation of a number, Sort elements of a stack using two stacks. find factorial of a number using recursion, Find the missing number in an array between 1 to n.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dell (Madison, WI) in January 2017.

Interview

I Interviewed on campus after an engineering career fair. The interview was brief and completely behavioral. They asked about my resume and my coding experience but no technical questions. Based on the style of the interview, it seems as though they pick their candidates based on their resume and personality.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Boston, MA) in December 2016.

Interview

Recruiter call then phone screen required coding over the phone plus on site. One interviewer didn't have the depth to understand a classic algorithm. often, they want you to find the answer they had in mind that is (they think) the one true smart solution.

Interview Questions

Dell Response

Jan 3, 2017 – Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Thank you for your review and sharing your experience with us. We will use this feedback to make interviewing improvements across our teams so this detail is very appreciated and useful.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dell.

Interview

Spoke with recruiter, basic behavioral questions. Then had phone interview (out of state applicant) with sales managers and agreed very basic behavioral questions and questions based on sales. Few days later given offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Received 1st offer and declined. They cave back with a second offer and accepted after negotiating salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Austin, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

I was referred by a friend who interned there last year, and they gave me a single phone interview where they told me about the project they would have me work on, and asked me about my experience in a couple of languages.

Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Oklahoma City, OK) in December 2016.

Interview

Very professional, informative, and friendly! Was greeted at the front and taken to an interview room where I was asked question on if I could perform the job. Was told in detail what the job responsibilities were.

Interview Questions

Dell Response

Jan 3, 2017 – Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Congratulations on your offer! Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Dell in December 2016.

Interview

There were 3 interviews in the process including a test and presentation which was judged by a panel of peers. It was challenging and interesting. Everyone asked questions and it was fun.

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Was contacted 3-4 weeks after speaking with Dell recruiters at career fair. Went through a phone interview (HR and behavioral, talk about resume) and then a technical onsite interview (talk about past projects, behavioral, and some technical questions). Overall a good experience! Recruiter and interviewers were very nice.

Interview Questions

• Will not go into detail, but a mix of behavioral and technical.   1 Answer

Jan 31, 2017 – Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Thank you for sharing your experience - we are thrilled to have you join the Dell team!