Dell Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,880 Interview Reviews

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Boston, MA) in December 2016.

Interview

Recruiter call then phone screen required coding over the phone plus on site. One interviewer didn't have the depth to understand a classic algorithm. often, they want you to find the answer they had in mind that is (they think) the one true smart solution.

Interview Questions

Dell Response

Jan 3, 2017 – Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Thank you for your review and sharing your experience with us. We will use this feedback to make interviewing improvements across our teams so this detail is very appreciated and useful.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Austin, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

I was referred by a friend who interned there last year, and they gave me a single phone interview where they told me about the project they would have me work on, and asked me about my experience in a couple of languages.

Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Oklahoma City, OK) in December 2016.

Interview

Very professional, informative, and friendly! Was greeted at the front and taken to an interview room where I was asked question on if I could perform the job. Was told in detail what the job responsibilities were.

Interview Questions

Dell Response

Jan 3, 2017 – Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Congratulations on your offer! Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Dell in December 2016.

Interview

There were 3 interviews in the process including a test and presentation which was judged by a panel of peers. It was challenging and interesting. Everyone asked questions and it was fun.

Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Dell (Round Rock, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

Met with a recruiter online on LinkedIn. Recruiter arranged for an interview either via Skype or in person at the Round Rock Campus. After the interview, I was told that I was being selected from a large pool of interviews. I was the first of 20, 5 were to be selected. This took about 5 weeks to hear back.

Interview Questions

• Please walk us through your résumé.   1 Answer

Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dell (Austin, TX).

Interview

I live outside of TX so had two phone interviews. They ask basic questions including, goals, why i want to change jobs, why i wanted to work for them, what will i bring to the company as an individual and a professional etc... they care about work experience and wasn't given an offer because the position required 5+ years of experience.

Pro Active Account Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dell (Round Rock, TX).

Interview

Phone interview after submitting my resume through a friend. It was for an easy contract position so it was very general and I could tell they were likely to hire me based on my resume and the employee who recommended me. I was asked about my skill set and ability to work independently and with team members.

Interview Questions

• When is a time you turned a negative customer experience into a positive experience?   2 Answers
    • I was asked if I could give an example of how I maintained a good attitude when I was dealing with an unhappy customer experience on a repeated basis.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiations were great as it was an entry level job and it was the most I had ever made. The best part was I was easily able to obtain the shift of 8-5 M-F even though the job was with a 24/7 team. I was actually able to keep the shift too, until I had a new and not very likable manager.

Inside Sales Representative III Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dell in November 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by an HR generalist and they told me that they would like to set up an interview. They found my resume online from a previous submission. At the scheduled tome, I showed up and was immediately met by a Dell manager and taken back to a conference room where a colleague attended plus one on the phone. I was asked several questions and even though I had done the job for 10 years previously they had concerns. True story, wow.

Test Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Dell.

Interview

Interview was easy with questions around your resume and technologies you worked upon.
    It was more focused on how good with what you did and your troubleshooting skills and how you handle the situations

Interview Questions

• Basics of storage, linux, defect tracking tools   1 Answer

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Suffolk, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dell (New Suffolk, NY).

Interview

It consisted of three telephone interviews. I was interviewed by three managers. The questions were relevant without any trick questions. I was kept informed of my progress by the recruiter. I was offered the position without a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• 1.My level of experience as it related to the posiiton
      2. Specific business analysis and Q/A questions
      3. Discussed my recent BA certification
      4. Reviewed requirements of the position   2 Answers

Negotiation

no negotiating was required