Dell Interview Questions in Ireland | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 19, 2017

2.9

Inside Sales Representative II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dell (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

3 interviews face to face over the phone role play and overall interview. People are really nice though and make you feel at ease and help you through the interview process. Most who interview are managers who have done your role so understand what it's like.

Enterprise Technical Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in December 2016.

Interview

Lengthy. 3 stage process. 1st stage is introductory. Technical basics of networking, storage, protocols. 2nd stage is customer related. What would you do if...
    3rd stage is technical interview. Deeper questions about the same subjects as 1st stage. 3rd stage might get you in trouble if you're not prepared.
    Study the basics of networking, raid, storage systems, netw protocols, most used udp/tcp ports and you should be ok.

Interview Questions

• What is Raid 0,1,5,6,10,50,60.   1 Answer

Graduate Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dell (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position through the Dell website, after seeing the job advert on LinkedIn. I had a telephone interview which was quite short and competency based. I was then invited to take part in the assessment centre and to compete psychometric tests. The assessment centre was a a positive experience, which had a relatively relaxed atmosphere and where you were encouraged to be yourself. There were three stages in the assessment centre: An interview (one hour), a short role play and a group activity. Surprisingly, I actually enjoyed the day and everyone was extremely kind and helpful.

Interview Questions

• Which would be more important to you: reaching your target or giving high customer service?   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Software Renewals Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cork (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dell (Cork (Ireland)) in July 2016.

Interview

I got a first classic HR interview over the phone, to get to know your background and check if you would be a relevant candidate. Then, i got a phone interview with 2 managers from the sales department concerned, where they basically try to understand why your profile would be an asset.

Interview Questions

• Do you know our products?
      Why sales, software industry?
      If you were a millionaire, what would you do?

Renewal Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cork (Ireland)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dell (Cork (Ireland)).

Interview

Quick response friendly interviewers.Direct questio nning and feedback.Overall a good interview. Recruiter gave honest feedback. Although I was unsuccessful I appreciated them getting back to me quickly and giving both positive and negative feedback.I would recommend.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell in February 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter one(EMEA) because he saw my profile on LinkedIn and then we started the process. The position is for Limerick.

It takes 4 rounds:
    1. Call from a recruiter one(EMEA)
    2. Technical video interview with an expertise Dell worker.
    3. Video interview with the team leads.
    4. I am waiting to know if I have been successful and then get a HR meeting.

In general, the process hasn't been difficult. I really felt comfortable speaking with everyone in the process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about Reflection?
      Tell me about garbage collector?
      Tell me about design patterns and which of them you mostly used in your developments?

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Limerick, Co. Limerick (Ireland)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dell (Limerick, Co. Limerick (Ireland)) in November 2015.

Interview

This was a phone screening interview - the first stage in interview process. I was told that if I passed this stage than I would be called in for a face to face interview. I will know within a week if I have an opportunity to progress.

Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Dell in November 2015.

Interview

15 minute phone screening, talking about how dell works and their ideal candidate. Talked through my experience and my goals. Told me about the various roles that were available. Asked me about what days I would be available to do an onsite interview in Limerick Campus

Interview Questions

• Were do you see yourself fitting in at Dell?   1 Answer

Graduate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in October 2015.

Interview

Got contacted on LinkedIn for a graduate software developer role.
    The process consists of 2 interviews then the job offer.

The next week I had the first interview this was done via Skype call from one of the dell developers from DELL India.

The week after that I had the second interview this was done also via Skype from one of the hiring managers from DELL India.

Interview Questions

• The first interview I was asked about my CV and my asked questions about my final year project. this interview was easy enough.

The second Interview I was asked about my CV but not my project (the interviewer didnt seem to care) then I was asked some puzzle questions.

For example:
      If you have a rope that takes 30 mins to burn. How long would it take you find out if 45 mins of time have passed if you dont have a clock or anything just 2 ropes?

Senior Advisor Interview

Interview

there were three interviews one with HR one with the hiring manager and one with teh CFO. the interview was pretty standard and there was no trick questions being asked.