Dell Interview Questions in Ireland | Glassdoor

2.9

56 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Technical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dell (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in August 2017.

Interview

Consisted of three rounds including a phone interview, online assessment and on-site assessment day (tour of the office, face to face interview, teamwork task and a mock role play scenario).

It was time consuming but turned out to be a really fun day and a great insight into what to expect if you got the job, the interviewers were very friendly and welcoming too.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      Explain your college experience?
      Describe how you would act on your first day?
      Tell me about a time you dealt with an angry customer?
      Tell me about a time you took charge of a project?
      Why should we hire you?
      Why are you interested in this role?   Answer Question

GSAP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cork (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dell (Cork (Ireland)).

Interview

3 stages.
    1) Role play, 2)Technical interview, 3) Group task
    Everybody was really nice and came across that they wanted you to do well. Role play was tricky, your not give a whole lot of information to work with. Technical interview was fine, and group task was interesting. In all an overall ok experience.

Inside Sales Representative II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dell (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

3 interviews face to face over the phone role play and overall interview. People are really nice though and make you feel at ease and help you through the interview process. Most who interview are managers who have done your role so understand what it's like.

Senior Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone call with a HR person the day after I submitted application. Then had an interview with 2 people a week later. Then was called for another interview a week after that. Then had a phone interview the next day with the head of department who was based in Texas. They never got back to me. All of the interviews involved talking through my CV with a couple of competency style questions thrown in. There was significant overlap between the interviews. I was asked where I saw myself in 5 years time in all 3 of the interviews. The interviewers were very friendly and generally it was pretty informal. The HR person organising things was very professional.

Enterprise Technical Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in December 2016.

Interview

Lengthy. 3 stage process. 1st stage is introductory. Technical basics of networking, storage, protocols. 2nd stage is customer related. What would you do if...
    3rd stage is technical interview. Deeper questions about the same subjects as 1st stage. 3rd stage might get you in trouble if you're not prepared.
    Study the basics of networking, raid, storage systems, netw protocols, most used udp/tcp ports and you should be ok.

Interview Questions

• What is Raid 0,1,5,6,10,50,60.   1 Answer

Senior Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cork (Ireland)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dell (Cork (Ireland)) in December 2016.

Interview

Let's get to the technical part directly. You need to be familiar with the projects you did before, the technical/research tools you are good at. It is a plus if you are involved with the standardization bodies and get contacts from partners of EU projects.

Graduate Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dell (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position through the Dell website, after seeing the job advert on LinkedIn. I had a telephone interview which was quite short and competency based. I was then invited to take part in the assessment centre and to compete psychometric tests. The assessment centre was a a positive experience, which had a relatively relaxed atmosphere and where you were encouraged to be yourself. There were three stages in the assessment centre: An interview (one hour), a short role play and a group activity. Surprisingly, I actually enjoyed the day and everyone was extremely kind and helpful.

Interview Questions

• Which would be more important to you: reaching your target or giving high customer service?   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Software Renewals Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cork (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dell (Cork (Ireland)) in July 2016.

Interview

I got a first classic HR interview over the phone, to get to know your background and check if you would be a relevant candidate. Then, i got a phone interview with 2 managers from the sales department concerned, where they basically try to understand why your profile would be an asset.

Interview Questions

• Do you know our products?
      Why sales, software industry?
      If you were a millionaire, what would you do?   Answer Question

Renewal Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cork (Ireland)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dell (Cork (Ireland)).

Interview

Quick response friendly interviewers.Direct questio nning and feedback.Overall a good interview. Recruiter gave honest feedback. Although I was unsuccessful I appreciated them getting back to me quickly and giving both positive and negative feedback.I would recommend.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell in February 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter one(EMEA) because he saw my profile on LinkedIn and then we started the process. The position is for Limerick.

It takes 4 rounds:
    1. Call from a recruiter one(EMEA)
    2. Technical video interview with an expertise Dell worker.
    3. Video interview with the team leads.
    4. I am waiting to know if I have been successful and then get a HR meeting.

In general, the process hasn't been difficult. I really felt comfortable speaking with everyone in the process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about Reflection?
      Tell me about garbage collector?
      Tell me about design patterns and which of them you mostly used in your developments?   Answer Question