Dell Marketing Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dell Marketing Director Interview Questions

3.2

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Austin, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Submitted my resume online. Had a Dell friend refer me to the hiring manager. Contacted by Talent Acquisition, then interviewed with the hiring manager and 6 others. 4 of these were 30 minute phone interviews and 2 were 45 minute in-person.

Interview Questions

• How would you get things done in a 100,000 person company where you rely on many others to execute who don't work for you.   Answer Question

Dell Response

Jun 14, 2016 – Candidate and Employee Experience Team

We hate to hear that your experience was not positive overall. All of the best to you and thank you for sharing with us.

Other Interview Reviews for Dell

Marketing Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Dell.

Interview

The interview process consisted of an initial 30 minute screen with Human Resources, then followed a week later by a half day session with four different interviewers, ending with the hiring manager. Each session was with a different individual from the extended team, and lasted for 30 minutes each. Most asked standard background / experience questions and what I would do in certain job situations, but nothing too difficult or out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions

• If you saw that your team weren't making the numbers, what would you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dell (Austin, TX).

Interview

Oct - Dec so about 2-3 months process. Long periods of silence. Interview was pretty standard questions. More of a chance for me to interview the company. My situation was different since I was a targeted candidate being recruited.

Negotiation

None needed, offer was very reasonable. Mgmt supported my personal trip 3 months after I started.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Round Rock, TX) in July 2013.

Interview

5 interviews total from would-be peers, hiring mgr Exec Director, VP and HR lead. Took 4 weeks total and that was a fast-track. Very conversational and focused on what I had done in past more than hypotheticals. Very rigorous; must do your homework about role, how adjacent teams collaborate with the role and how you will succeed in that.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you decided to defer action on your part and why. How did you handle that and work through the process.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dell (Austin, TX) in July 2010.

Interview

Internal hire... I have been with Dell since 2004...

Marketing Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Dell.

Interview

Regular process, starting with talent acquisition team and then with the business heads; interview focused on competencies and experience; no personal information was asked

Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Geneva (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Geneva (Switzerland)) in January 2012.

Interview

I had a series of 30min phone interviews. All interviewers were extremely professional, well prepared and switched on. Previous to Dell i had worked at a company where everything took at least an hour. Hence i was quite surprised to see how efficient one can be if all meetings and even interviews are done in 30mins. The interview method was pretty much following the behavioral interview style. In total I had four interviews of which one was face to face the others were over the phone.

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate the annunal salary - My general advice to anyone would be to not accept the first offer. Once you get offered a job by a company you can be assured that they really want you. Hence you have a lot of negotiation power, ... use it.