Dell Interview Questions in Oklahoma City, OK | Glassdoor

2.6

21 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Oklahoma City, OK) in December 2016.

Interview

Very professional, informative, and friendly! Was greeted at the front and taken to an interview room where I was asked question on if I could perform the job. Was told in detail what the job responsibilities were.

Interview Questions

Dell Response

Jan 3, 2017 – Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Congratulations on your offer! Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

Client Technical Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dell (Oklahoma City, OK) in September 2016.

Interview

There were two people who interviewed me we sat in a little room where there were both were asking me questions. one was doing technical questions the other one was asking non technical questions. both of them were very polite and nice they ask me lot of questions and i was very comfortable talking to them. One of them was HR manager and she even asked me if they will extend an offer what training class would i want the immediately starting one or the one that's going to start later. My interview went really well but dont know why i haven't got the job.

Enterprise Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

I had two interviews. The first interview was very sort. The manager was very amazed that I already had RHEL certification. He just asked me two and three question. After two weeks I got a call from HR for another interview. During that process I was interviewed by the team lead and my manager. The question were very simple and straightforward. After my interview in around two-three weeks I got a call from HR offering me the job.

Interview Questions

• 1: What kind of files exists in /etc/ directory
      2: How to change root password
      3: What file holds the root password
      4: How to deal with a corrupted vmx file
      5: How to troubleshoot a faulty monitor   Answer Question

Enterprise Technical Support Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dell (Oklahoma City, OK) in December 2015.

Interview

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Oklahoma City, OK) in Dec 2015.The interview process went very well for me. My recruiter was very friendly, informative and helpful in terms of getting me any further information needed and any references.

Interview Questions

• Some basic questions about hardware of PC and troubleshooting.   Answer Question

Contractor - Partner Software Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Dell (Oklahoma City, OK) in September 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with the recruiting from the temp agency. Interviewed with Dell management and Dell employee about a week later. Nothing unusual. The receptionist and interviewers were on separate pages. A sign of confusion and disorganization at Dell. Should have stuck to my instinct and interviewed elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to work at Dell.   1 Answer

Tech Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dell (Oklahoma City, OK) in April 2015.

Interview

Started with an over the phone technical quiz. Once I had passed that quiz, I was then invited in for an interview. I was supposed to be interviewed by the manager, however he was unavailable and I was interviewed by high level techs. So, I was actually interviewed by my potential new coworkers. This was a welcome difference as I was able to learn more directly about the work environment.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond to an Irate customer who called in and demanded to speak to your manager?   1 Answer

Enterprise Technical Support Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dell (Oklahoma City, OK) in January 2015.

Interview

It was a very easy process. Spoke to management in person was told to suit resume online. Interviewed once in person with 3 people present. They asked about different system models and what I knew about the company. Also asked what I would do in certain situations. Offer came about a week later.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe the difference between system x and system y?   1 Answer

Client Prosupport Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dell (Oklahoma City, OK) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied in January & got a request for interview in october so you may need to prepare to wait.

Interview consisted of 2 tenured support staff (management) in a business casual environment. One had more HR related questions & the other fielded more technical questions

Interview Questions

• technical hardware questions
      windows usage
      windows troubleshooting & repair tools   Answer Question

Negotiation

I accepted 1st offer

Client Technical Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Oklahoma City, OK) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview is about 30 minutes long with 2 managers. They tend to interview and several weeks later, make their decisions on candidates. The process is straightforward as they ask questions on how well you'll fit into the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was not any negotiation in the offer. Accept or Decline

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dell (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

They interviewed a fairly large amount of people for a "sales class" and settled on about 8. The interview was performed by 2 men, in a small room with no desk or table. It felt quite oppressive, but the interviewers were good-natured. They seemed to go down a list of the basic questions you would expect for a sales type job, asking about experience, and they had me do a "role playing" session wherein I was to sell them a product. Overall the interview was swift and brutal if you aren't already a salesperson, otherwise it wasn't too bad.

Interview Questions

• Was asked to sell them an electronic device about which I had almost no knowledge. I felt very stupid trying to sell this person a device with no idea of its features, why someone would want it, or any technical information   Answer Question