Dell Interview Questions in Phoenix, AZ | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 10, 2017

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Pre-Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dell (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2017.

Interview

First it was a phone interview, then a face-to-face meeting with the hiring manager. I thought the interview went very well. Followed up with HR to see what the status of my interview and "crickets." Not a single update or email to say yes or no! Called several times and followed up with emails and "nothing."

Interview Questions

• Describe your background and experience.   1 Answer

IT Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2016.

Interview

Asked a lot of behavioral questions, make sure you know your resume well because they will ask you a lot about that. Interview was about 30/45 minutes, and it was very easygoing. I had an executive interview me as well as a new hire, and it was comfortable

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you showed leadership? (lots of tell me a time when... questions)   Answer Question

Network Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dell (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2016.

Interview

There were three rounds. Two telephonic rounds and one onsite round. There was a immediate requirement for the job. All the questions that was asked were regarding basics of networking. I was not selected for this role. As there was a immediate requirement, and I could not join before May 2016. The interviewer was very friendly and helpful. The was from phoenix in arizona.

Interview Questions

• This was an telephonic interview and there was an immediate requirement.This position was for the new grad and the location was phoenix in arizona. All the question were based on basics of networking. Questions were TCP/IP, 3-way handshake, What is ethernet, Its packet description, Difference between tcp and udp, what are vlans, difference between switches and routers. what is the slinding window protocol.   Answer Question

Network Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dell (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2015.

Interview

Phone interview - three interviewers. I was never required to report to an in person or Skype interview. Standard, I was asked general questions about my previous work experience and education in addition a few senario type questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation involving a difficult co-worker?   1 Answer

Supply Chain Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dell (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2012.

Interview

After applying on a school career website, I got scheduled for an hour in-person interview with the hiring manager. It was mostly behavioral questions and questions about my resume.
    After that they called me back in 2 days and scheduled a phone interview with the future mentor. It was a technical interview, and included a lot of questions about the actual supply chain subject.
    I got the offer in the next 3 days.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the time you had a lot on your plate and how you handled it?

Tell me about the analytical process you took when you did a project on your resume.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2012.

Interview

I started the interview process around 4 days after applying and it was pretty straight forward. I had an interview with a recruiter then had a technical interview around 5 days later which was faily easy, around 15 questions about using servers. 3 weeks later I had another interview with a panel of 2 people for behavior analysis and I still have not heard back yet.

Interview Questions

• Please describe a time were you were put in a difficult situation and how did you get out of it?   Answer Question

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2011.

Interview

Applied for position in September. Finally heard back in November. Had the initial HR/recruiter pre-screening first. About a week later had a phone interview with the hiring manager. Then had a panel interview with several managers face to face. This was around Thanksgiving and I never heard anything back good or bad, but assumed it could be the holidays. I reached back out to the Recruiter at the first of the year to see the status, as the job was still posted on Dell's website. She was unable to give any feedback and said that she would reach out to her manager. It is now March and I have never heard back. I do not mind not getting the position, but having invested 3+ months from application to last interview the least they could have done is sent me a simple denial email. I have never experienced anything like this when interviewing for a mid level position for a reputable company.

Systems Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2011.

Interview

Met with a local sales rep - who would be a peer - and spoke with 3-4 other people via telephone.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Simple - they offered a great compensation package