Dell Interview Questions in Plano, TX | Glassdoor

2.6

25 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Plano, TX).

Interview

Group interview with three soon to become peers. Each asking questions in different areas of the technology. They did allow opportunity to explain and I did not feel rushed.

Interview Questions

• Tools used, industry standards, etc.   1 Answer

Dell Response

Apr 4, 2017 – Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Thanks for your review and welcome to Dell!

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Dell (Plano, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

I spoke to an internal recruiter. She was very nice, and we spoke for about 30 minutes about the opportunity at Dell. I think she thought I had less experience than I did, so the position she had in mind was not a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to travel to work (work from home opportunities were limited)   1 Answer

Intl Prod Supt Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dell (Plano, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

Very nice! Relaxing and technical.. Dell has a very good approach to the entire process. I was contacted by a talent acquisitions agent then by a scheduling assist then the following day the technical interview. The day after the technical I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• My experience with security algorithms and SQL experience..   1 Answer
    • Can you name one security algorithm?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Accepted because it was an awesome deal!

Security Systems Senior Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Plano, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was fairly straight forward. the first interview was a phone interview for a bout 20 minutes. The second was with the hiring manager along with another team member and lasted about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• They asked questions about McAfee ePO, What is DNS server, What the difference between TCP and UDP. What is DHCP.   1 Answer

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Dell (Plano, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied online in September. Called for interview in January. Interviewed with manager, then team, then HR. Got call for job offer within day or two of interviewing. HR representative quit in middle of my hiring process so it got a little cluttered but overall average experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe experience around application for which position would support   Answer Question

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Plano, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

Phone screen and interview. Background check and drug screen.

Interview Questions

• Work through everything that could prohibit one host from reaching another.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Back and forth with HR

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dell (Plano, TX) in July 2013.

Interview

Phone screening by recruiter, then phone interview with the team leader. We walked through the job description and organization. Then the recruiter passed along my info to the team lead who then took me through the team org and more detailed job description. Once that was complete, the interview questions began.

Interview Questions

• How my background aligned with the job description.   1 Answer
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you? Why did I want to return to Dell?   1 Answer

Senior Network Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dell (Plano, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

Quick phone screen with HR. Then comes an in person interview with direct manager, another manager and group manager in a room. My situation was unique because I was a targeted candidate. One of the managers I interviewed with had worked with at a previous company. They had my background and knew of my experience. I had the skill they desperately needed.

Interview Questions

• What was the hardest situation you were in that you had to troubleshoot an issue and how did you handle it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They made an offer, I declined and stated the minimum of what would make me quit my current position. I got put on hold and then they came back and said, "OK, Done deal."

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dell (Plano, TX) in December 2012.

Interview

I had a phone interview within a few hour of submitting my Resume via a friend who was already employed there. I came in the next day for a face to face interview with three employees and the Manager. I got a job offer in less than a week and it was on!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not bad at all...

Senior Adviser Systems Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dell (Plano, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

Recruitment guy called from Dell, discussed basic salary stuff, benefits. Then he setup the interview with technical team. After cancelling 2 times finally the technical interview happned. There were 4 technical guys on the telephone who took the Phone interview, They asked good technical questions, i could able to answer 95% correctly. Once that was over, the very next day got a call from recruitment guys that Technical round is trhough. Then he set up an one o one interview with with hiring manager within a week. once that was over, i got a call from the recruitment guys saying they would like to offer and they offered me. I tried to negotiate however didn't work out, also asked about joining bonus but didn't get that too. Then had to go thru the background check which took two weeks and finally i was able to join after 3 weeks.

Negotiation

no negotiation.