Dell Program Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dell Program Manager Interview Questions

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dell (Austin, TX).

Interview

My resume was referred by an employee within the company. I was contacted by the recruiter a week later, who scheduled an interview with three people on the team, including the hiring manager. All initial communications were made via e-mail.

Interview Questions

• Give us a situation where you deal with ambiguity and what was the outcome. "Dealing with ambiguity" is a staple at Dell.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I tried to negotiate a higher salary over the phone, but the recruiter basically told me that was as high as they were willing to go.

Other Interview Reviews for Dell

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Dell (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in February 2009.

Interview

It took about 3 months to get an interview sorted because the hiring manager kept changing the date.

Interview Questions

• how do you deal with leadership when you want to push your own agenda...   Answer Question

Negotiation

yes, i was able to negotiate because i was taking a risk leaving a very secure job to go to a company that had let 1000 staff go in limerick the year before...they understood this.

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dell in June 2009.

Interview

2 Case Studies not related to work provided.

Interview Questions

• Given a scenario on personal life and home and how you negotiate in such a scenario   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dell (Austin, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

Standard character analysis, asked how I'd go about solving issues, what I was studying in school, etc. I was phone screened by Talent Aquisition first followed by a direct phone interview with the VP of the group I would eventually work for and finally, my future manager

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johannesburg (South Africa)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Dell (Johannesburg (South Africa)) in December 2010.

Interview

Good process and feedback and a continuous loop back. Management involvement was good and involved. Pertinent questions and multiple interviews which gave a good understanding of the overall company

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Easy but no negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dell (Austin, TX) in May 2010.

Interview

Apply through Dell.com
    Both people skills and technical skills test
    Relationship oriented culture

Interview Questions

• Conceptual questions e.g. what/if market continue to decline, how do you keep growing   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dell.

Interview

a. 3 rounds of interview
     - 1st technical from USA
     - 2nd managerial from USA
     - 3rd HR round over video conference

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No room for negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dell (Round Rock, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

A preliminary phone interview with Staff Management to review your qualifications, if you pass that, move to a phone interview with the Hiring Manager. Questions are direct but fair and you are giving opportunity to expound on your answers, minimal time to ask questions of your own. Very difficult to decipher the hiring process, but it is a coveted company to work for.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation that occurred on your last job and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell in March 2011.

Interview

After a chatting w/ the initial recruiter I was then contacted by a Dell HR person who asked a series of high-level questions. Then the hiring manager contacted me followed by an IV w/ his manager. These were all done via phone. Then five in-person IVs in Round Rock.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a program you managed in which the wheels fell off?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes. Explored clever ways to boost the net, but the base was the only area negotiable. Be confident and understand your market value.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in January 2008.

Interview

My frined help to do employee referral (directly to hiring manager), and them HR gave me one phone interview to ask some screen questions, and then hiring manager 1on1 interview for details, i.e my working experience, my skills. The next is one Dell people(same position with the opening) ask the technical question mostly. At last ,HR phoned me again to tell me the position pay.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation item. Dell located PM position to B3/C1 level, the pay were always fixed.