Dell Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 9, 2017

2.8

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Houston, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

It was a phone interview as the position was remote (with travel) The HR mailed in response to my resume. I applied on their website. Her email was in my Spam folder (after which i have always made it a point to check my spam folder) First call was with the HR. standard HR type questions from resume. Reasons for quitting previous job, roles in each job and they also make sure you have basic qualifications and are ok with things like travel (like in this case)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were responsible for a major project or initiative that suffered a significant setback. How did you respond? What was the result?
    Tell me about a time you were faced with a challenging problem and explain the steps you took to address the issue. Describe the resources you utilized or leveraged to accomplish your goal.
    Tell me a time you identified an opportunity to streamline a work process or system. What was your idea for improvement? How did you communicate it?
    Describe a time when you put your needs aside to help a co-worker understand a task. How did you assist him or her? What was the result?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Dell

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Dell (Seattle, WA) in August 2014.

Interview

Phone Based with person who would be my reporting manager. It went quite well and the questions were specific to my experience based on my resume and their need. The interview lasted approximately 30 minutes and was quite casual.

Interview Questions

• Asked questions of past projects and my feeling on how I did   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dell (Plano, TX) in July 2013.

Interview

Phone screening by recruiter, then phone interview with the team leader. We walked through the job description and organization. Then the recruiter passed along my info to the team lead who then took me through the team org and more detailed job description. Once that was complete, the interview questions began.

Interview Questions

• How my background aligned with the job description.   1 Answer
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you? Why did I want to return to Dell?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dell (Austin, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

In ital screening done by HR based on data base searches

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Austin, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

Four phone interviews. Traditional with no case studies. No tests. No writing samples. Had a lunch with two senior managers. End-to-end 5 weeks until offer. Interviewed with peers as well as recruiter and prospective manager. The process was pretty relaxed overall. Discussed Accomplishments, challenges, and ways of overcoming difficult situations. Definitely conversational and relatively stress free.

Interview Questions

• What I was seeking as well as questions re: consulting experience and IT project management.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dell in October 2011.

Interview

The process was very quick. I had a face to face interview with a resource manager and the manager of the division I was applying to. The questions were relatively easy about my past experiences, stregths and weaknesses. I heard back within a few days with a job offer.

Anonymous Employee in Wellesley, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dell (Wellesley, MA) in January 2011.

Interview

Overall generic. The objective is to let the interviewee speak as much as possible and the interviewer objective is to listen to identify if there is a fit for a random projects in the pipe line. I was interviewed for some expected projects but later was informed that I was being reassigned to other projects and not what I was initially presented.

Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dell (Round Rock, TX) in November 2010.

Interview

It was a peer interview, friendly but stressful and somewhat disorganized. I got the feeling the interviewers just wanted to get a warm body asap.

Interview Questions

• At the end of almost two hours of interviewing, I was asked to tell a joke. I came up short. I thought it was a stupid question, but then, the hiring manager who asked it quit Dell half a year later.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not really

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dell (Stamford, CT) in March 2010.

Interview

Interviewed within the same organization I am working for.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

internal company interview, no negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dell (Austin, TX) in October 2008.

Interview

there were three people in the room. One HR recruiter and two senior managers from supply chain. They asked me some questions related to my resume and also asked me why I am interested in this area but not finance, etc. I was talking most of the time.