Dell Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dell Project Manager Interview Questions

Updated Oct 27, 2016

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Houston, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

It was a phone interview as the position was remote (with travel) The HR mailed in response to my resume. I applied on their website. Her email was in my Spam folder (after which i have always made it a point to check my spam folder) First call was with the HR. standard HR type questions from resume. Reasons for quitting previous job, roles in each job and they also make sure you have basic qualifications and are ok with things like travel (like in this case)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were responsible for a major project or initiative that suffered a significant setback. How did you respond? What was the result?
    Tell me about a time you were faced with a challenging problem and explain the steps you took to address the issue. Describe the resources you utilized or leveraged to accomplish your goal.
    Tell me a time you identified an opportunity to streamline a work process or system. What was your idea for improvement? How did you communicate it?
    Describe a time when you put your needs aside to help a co-worker understand a task. How did you assist him or her? What was the result?
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Dell

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dell (Plano, TX) in July 2013.

Interview

Phone screening by recruiter, then phone interview with the team leader. We walked through the job description and organization. Then the recruiter passed along my info to the team lead who then took me through the team org and more detailed job description. Once that was complete, the interview questions began.

Interview Questions

• How my background aligned with the job description.   1 Answer
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you? Why did I want to return to Dell?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dell (Austin, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

In ital screening done by HR based on data base searches

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Austin, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

Four phone interviews. Traditional with no case studies. No tests. No writing samples. Had a lunch with two senior managers. End-to-end 5 weeks until offer. Interviewed with peers as well as recruiter and prospective manager. The process was pretty relaxed overall. Discussed Accomplishments, challenges, and ways of overcoming difficult situations. Definitely conversational and relatively stress free.

Interview Questions

• What I was seeking as well as questions re: consulting experience and IT project management.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dell in October 2011.

Interview

The process was very quick. I had a face to face interview with a resource manager and the manager of the division I was applying to. The questions were relatively easy about my past experiences, stregths and weaknesses. I heard back within a few days with a job offer.

Anonymous Employee in Wellesley, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dell (Wellesley, MA) in January 2011.

Interview

Overall generic. The objective is to let the interviewee speak as much as possible and the interviewer objective is to listen to identify if there is a fit for a random projects in the pipe line. I was interviewed for some expected projects but later was informed that I was being reassigned to other projects and not what I was initially presented.

Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dell (Round Rock, TX) in November 2010.

Interview

It was a peer interview, friendly but stressful and somewhat disorganized. I got the feeling the interviewers just wanted to get a warm body asap.

Interview Questions

• At the end of almost two hours of interviewing, I was asked to tell a joke. I came up short. I thought it was a stupid question, but then, the hiring manager who asked it quit Dell half a year later.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not really

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dell (Stamford, CT) in March 2010.

Interview

Interviewed within the same organization I am working for.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

internal company interview, no negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dell (Austin, TX) in October 2008.

Interview

there were three people in the room. One HR recruiter and two senior managers from supply chain. They asked me some questions related to my resume and also asked me why I am interested in this area but not finance, etc. I was talking most of the time.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dell in June 2007.

Interview

After applying to the job posted on the company website, I received a call from an HR Rep. We discussed my current position and historical job profile, this was a 20 minute call.

The next day I spoke with the hiring manager and we talked in detail about the PM position and the tasks it entailed, this was a 30 minute call.

I then received a call to arrange an in-person interview and we scheduled for the next week.

The in-person interview was set up as a panel interview. I met with 2 different groups, the first group had 3 members of the PM community and it lasted approx. 30 minutes. The 2nd group also consisted of 1 member of the PM community, the department manager and the direct manager was on a conference call. This also lasted approx. 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Describe a conflict/issue you've had a client and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question
    • What is your strength? What is your weakness?   Answer Question