Dell Interview Questions in Round Rock, TX | Glassdoor

2.8

162 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Project Manager Senior Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Dell (Round Rock, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

The process over two months with three phone interviews. The first interview was basic project management questions and resume review. The second interview was resume focused and the third interview was extremely detailed project management questions and some questions outside the scope of the job description responsibilities. I did not receive an offer and the reason was that I didn't have enough of a skill that was not a requirement or even listed in the job description.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you were in charge of a project that failed. What was the result, were you fired or demoted?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Dell?   Answer Question
    • Looking at your resume, on the third bullet when you worked for company xyz, how did you quantify an increase of 20%?   Answer Question
    • Name three words to describe yourself.   Answer Question
    • What method or model do you mostly use to roadmap?   Answer Question
    • What was the total monetary value of the largest project you led?   Answer Question
    • How do you build a consensus when you have two or more stakeholders that are in disagreement with the direction or results of a project?   Answer Question
    • How much experience do you have with CRM?   Answer Question
    • Are you able to travel at least 10%?   Answer Question
    • How do you know if a project is on schedule by reviewing the budget?   Answer Question

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Dell (Round Rock, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

Meeting with two Sales managers. Relaxed, they showed me around the building before the interview began. 3 basic stages of interview. 1) tell me about yourself 2) Each manager took turns asking me questions 3) Anything else you would like to know?

Client Technical Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Round Rock, TX).

Interview

Applied in mid February right after they posted position on their website, got an interview early March. Interview was behavioral and tech. based. The two managers were very friendly and easy to talk to. Received an offer 2 weeks later. Make sure you have specific examples of your experiences regarding the behavior questions and catch up on some basic computer hardware/software.

Interview Questions

Dell Response

Apr 4, 2017 – Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Thanks for your review of your interview experience. Congratulations on your offer and welcome!

Product Marketing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dell (Round Rock, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied for a handful of positions on Dell’s external job site and the next day received an email from a Dell recruiter requesting a 30 minute phone conversation with a hiring manager. (Note: The recruiter’s email demeanor was somewhat chilly but when I got the chance to speak with him later in the process I found his phone personality to be much warmer.)

Two days later (Friday) I spoke with the hiring manager. She was informative and friendly and after learning more about my background, said they’d like to consider me for two different roles on the team. (Bonus!)

The next step was to meet with other members of the team, and I was very impressed by the turnaround. On Monday, the recruiter followed up to check my availability and was able to organize everyone’s schedule for me to come in that Thursday. I had four interviews: two with team members who would be peers, one with the hiring manager and one with the hiring manager’s counterpart (for the other position). The 30-minute interviews were mainly structured around my background and experience (i.e. resume stuff). About half the time I spoke, and the other half, the interviewers answered my questions and shared information. At the end of our meeting which ran a little long, the hiring manager said she’d like me to speak with her boss.

On Monday (again, in a very timely fashion) the recruiter contacted me to set up the interview. Initially they had told me it would be a phone interview but they learned the interviewer instead wanted to meet me in person. They found a 30-min block of time for us on Thursday afternoon.

In parallel, I had been communicating with the hiring manager’s counterpart. That same Monday, I sent him work samples that he had requested, and he responded same-day thanking me and asking if I could speak with one of his remote team members that week. We set up a phone call with him for Thursday morning.

So busy Thursday: phone interview in the morning and in-person interview in the afternoon. I could tell by the end of the phone interview that the interviewer had something else in mind for that particular role, but there was no disappointment on my end because I hadn’t applied for that position to begin with. I did, however, get a little worried when I interviewed with the executive later that day. She mentioned that between the two roles, she was focused on the one that I hadn’t applied for. Inwardly, I hoped that it didn’t imply that I was out of consideration for the role I really wanted.

Overall my interview with the executive went well. Beforehand, I had connected with a mutual LinkedIn acquaintance who sent her a reference. The interview itself was pretty easy. She just asked me to walk her through my resume. We probably could have spoken longer but the conference room was booked and people were waiting to get in.

That was it for the interview process; the ball was in their court. I had completed 7 seven interviews in a little over 2 weeks but then I heard nothing back for another 2 weeks. I even sent the recruiter an email, checking in, but he never responded. I just started to lose hope when I got an email: “I have good news for you! Please give me a call.” Over the phone the recruiter said they were prepared to make me an offer and we discussed anticipated salary range and benefits. He said he would speak with the hiring manager and would likely send me a formal offer by end of day. But Thursday came and went. I emailed the recruiter early Friday asking if he’d be able to send me the offer to review over the weekend and he responded that he would provide an update later in the day. I never got an update. I heard nothing over the weekend or on Monday. Finally Tuesday morning I received the offer. I was a little disappointed in the initial offer; it was on the low end of the salary range we discussed. However, the hiring manager was open to negotiations and I was able to negotiate a slightly higher salary plus a signing bonus. I got the final offer on Friday and took the weekend before indicating my formal acceptance. I started 3 weeks later.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Dell (Round Rock, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Half questions that are general HR related. (Ex: How do you handle stress?) The other half are technical questions. (Ex: If I gave you a box full of computer components, what parts do you need to build a functional PC?)

Interview Questions

• If you are at a theme park with a group of friends and no one can decide on what to do, how do you decide what your group should do?   1 Answer
    • If I gave you a box full of computer components, what parts do you need to build a functional PC?   1 Answer
    • What is RAID?   1 Answer

Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Dell (Round Rock, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

Met with a recruiter online on LinkedIn. Recruiter arranged for an interview either via Skype or in person at the Round Rock Campus. After the interview, I was told that I was being selected from a large pool of interviews. I was the first of 20, 5 were to be selected. This took about 5 weeks to hear back.

Interview Questions

• Please walk us through your résumé.   1 Answer

Pro Active Account Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dell (Round Rock, TX).

Interview

Phone interview after submitting my resume through a friend. It was for an easy contract position so it was very general and I could tell they were likely to hire me based on my resume and the employee who recommended me. I was asked about my skill set and ability to work independently and with team members.

Interview Questions

• When is a time you turned a negative customer experience into a positive experience?   2 Answers
    • I was asked if I could give an example of how I maintained a good attitude when I was dealing with an unhappy customer experience on a repeated basis.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiations were great as it was an entry level job and it was the most I had ever made. The best part was I was easily able to obtain the shift of 8-5 M-F even though the job was with a 24/7 team. I was actually able to keep the shift too, until I had a new and not very likable manager.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dell (Round Rock, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

I had applied online.I had no phone interviews no recruiter screenings and was directly called onsite.I was a bit surprised as this is not the norm for other companies.I went anyways since Dell is a reputed company.I was put up in a good hotel and was given a rental car in Austin,TX.I had 4 rounds onsite.Mix of technical and behavioral.The last round was the longest I had a coding round where I had to compile the code there itself.After that I had some brain teasers.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dell (Round Rock, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Recruiter will reach out to you for a phone screening. I came in for an in person interview with one manager (some people interview with multiple managers, it more or less depends on who's available). Talked through my resume and what I was interested and then we did a role play scenario to see how I dealt with customer interaction.

HINT - it helps a lot at dell if you have an employee referral. I did NOT do this, but was applying for a very entry-level position. Go on linkedin and find someone that works for dell that will refer you. It's a win-win situation.

Interview Questions

• Pretend that you work for a service that helps people find restaurants and make reservations. The manager will give you 4 specific things they are looking for and you just have to make sure to cover those things (open, qualify, position, close - or something like that)   Answer Question

Client Pro Support Team Interview

Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Dell (Round Rock, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Asked a series of questions to know my technical knowledge. Learned about me, my ambitions, skills, past and where I wanted to be in the company. I had received detailed interview instructions such as location, and tips for presentation. I was also able to refer a friend.

Interview Questions

• How to handle a angry customer.   1 Answer