Dell Interview Questions in Round Rock, TX | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 17, 2017

2.8

Pro Active Account Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dell (Round Rock, TX).

Interview

Phone interview after submitting my resume through a friend. It was for an easy contract position so it was very general and I could tell they were likely to hire me based on my resume and the employee who recommended me. I was asked about my skill set and ability to work independently and with team members.

Interview Questions

• When is a time you turned a negative customer experience into a positive experience?   2 Answers
    • I was asked if I could give an example of how I maintained a good attitude when I was dealing with an unhappy customer experience on a repeated basis.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiations were great as it was an entry level job and it was the most I had ever made. The best part was I was easily able to obtain the shift of 8-5 M-F even though the job was with a 24/7 team. I was actually able to keep the shift too, until I had a new and not very likable manager.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dell (Round Rock, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

I had applied online.I had no phone interviews no recruiter screenings and was directly called onsite.I was a bit surprised as this is not the norm for other companies.I went anyways since Dell is a reputed company.I was put up in a good hotel and was given a rental car in Austin,TX.I had 4 rounds onsite.Mix of technical and behavioral.The last round was the longest I had a coding round where I had to compile the code there itself.After that I had some brain teasers.

Client Pro Support Team Interview

Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Dell (Round Rock, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Asked a series of questions to know my technical knowledge. Learned about me, my ambitions, skills, past and where I wanted to be in the company. I had received detailed interview instructions such as location, and tips for presentation. I was also able to refer a friend.

Interview Questions

• How to handle a angry customer.   1 Answer

Undergrad Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dell (Round Rock, TX).

Interview

One on campus interview.
    Second interview on campus.
    Each candidate gets their own curtained section that they sit at. They rotate interviewers. The interviewers ask very casual questions. They mostly want to know what you are like and if you are a good fit for the Dell culture. Definitely have a good rundown of your resume, why you are interested in Dell, and what makes you a leader.

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Round Rock, TX).

Interview

Easy behavioral question, however very tiring and repetitive. One of the hiring managers was very uncomfortably direct with no reaction to my responses. Other than that it was very predictable, just make sure you really want the job and show your enthusiasm as the job is very tedious and tiresome job.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dell (Round Rock, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview lasted approximately 15 minutes. I sat down with two sales coaches and we discussed my previous employment experience, my ability to learn new systems, and my familiarity with the contractor role at Dell. The two sales coaches conducting the interview were friendly, and clearly explained the role I would be fulfilling.

Interview Questions

• How will your previous experience help you here at Dell?   Answer Question

Lifecycle Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dell (Round Rock, TX).

Interview

Discussed position with three possible colleagues and the hiring manager in thirty minute increments. I did this during my workforce reduction timespan. During this 10 week timeline, I had four interviews for positions ouside my normal field of Accounting.

The hiring managers found other candidates that better suited what they were hiring to accomplish for each of the business goals for each position.

I tried to remain at Dell, however things happen for a reason. I don't regret anything about my Dell life, and look forward to future opportunities.

Interview Questions

• Experience with very large customers   1 Answer

Dell Response

Jun 14, 2016 – Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Good luck to you! We appreciate your time with the company and for sharing your experience.

Inside Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Round Rock, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

This was an internal move: I was notified of an open Inside Sale Manager position within my division and declared my interest to my supervisor. I was then directed to apply for a specific job requisition, but then received no further communication for 3 weeks until 2 days before my interview, when I received a meeting invite from another Sales Director. The interview went well (a little short, in retrospect), and I was promised a decision by the end of the following week. The next week came and went, and it was not until the beginning of the new quarter (3 weeks after my interview) that I heard through coworkers, who had actually won the position. I found this to be somewhat unprofessional: no update was provided within the specified timeframe, I was never told by a member of the hiring team the actual decision on the position, and I was never given feedback on or by my interviewing supervisor, even after three attempts to meet with him.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary for a Sales Manager position: Why you? What is your management style? How do you plan to get a new team to follow you?   1 Answer

Human Resources Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dell (Round Rock, TX).

Interview

Went through three separate behavioral interviews with each focusing on a separate "skill". I walked into each being nervous but all three interviewers made me feel very comfortable. The latter portions of the interview were more informal conversations than pointed interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were faced with "X" and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

TAM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dell (Round Rock, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

I received a call from the recruiter to schedule a phone screen in one hour. The initial interview, to determine skill level and background took place on time and lasted approximately 30 minutes. I was given an overview of the role, then she asked a series of questions.

Interview Questions

• What is your technical background? How many years of Data Center experience to you have? How do you rate yourself on a scale of 1-10 overall in customer relationship and technical skills? Why did you leave your last job? Why are you leaving your current employer?   1 Answer