Dell Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dell Sales Associate Interview Questions

1.7

Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Round Rock, TX).

Interview

Initial phone interview. Onsite interview with manager. Group interview as third/ final interview.

Interview Questions

• Lots of personality questions. More interest in my personality than knowledge of technology. Asked me "why do you want to work here?" and "What do you know about Dell."   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiations. Just given base salary and told that a commission structure existed.

Other Interview Reviews for Dell

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Round Rock, TX) in July 2011.

Interview

The interview was pretty casual, they seemed to be just as happy to be there as I was. It seemed like a very mutual arrangement. We discussed what the job was like and what my role in the company would be like. If you're a Longhorn Dell employees have something they can bond with your instantly about.

Interview Questions

• the typical "What do you think you can improve about yourself"?   Answer Question

I chose to go back to school to get another degree in engineering.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Austin, TX) in June 2009.

Interview

Typical recruiter, personality testing, second interview, offer.

Interview Questions

• They were all totally dry and expected right out of the interview 101 book.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dell (Austin, TX) in January 2009.

Interview

After completing my assignment with the staffing agency I was offered a permanent position. In my opinion this is a great way to get in the door. It affords you the opportunity to see if it is a job you are going to be happy with and if you are compatible with the culture of the company. After three months of temp. work i was very familiar with the management team and their expectations and they with me and my ability and work ethic. When it cam time to the Interview the process was really just a formality as again there was familiarity between myself and management so all went really quick and painless.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think that you would be a good fit for this position?   Answer Question
    • What, from your experience, would you change about our methods?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Austin, TX) in April 2008.

Interview

It was pretty simple. There was only one on-campus interview, in which the interviewers seemed to want to get a feel for my personality and didn't ask much about coursework. They also did some sales exercises, like they had me pretend that I was selling water and they wanted to buy water, and we did a role-playing thing. Then there was a skills test on the computer in a central facility. You listen to fake in-bound sales calls and punch in your answers. If you pass, then they make you an offer and you go for a Day at Dell thing.

Interview Questions

• The simulated sales exercise was weird, it put you on the spot.   Answer Question

I got accepted to grad school so I went there instead. The impression I got was that sales at Dell gives a lot of opportunity to move up fairly quickly and the whole process is very structured. If you do well, you move up. If you're not doing well, they said that sales probably isn't right for you and you should consider a career change. Overall, it seemed very fair and a good place to start in sales if that's what you're interested in.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dell (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in August 2015.

Interview

Firstly it was a phone interview with with two people a man and a woman, the asked mostly basic interview questions and personality type questions. Then came the onsite interview which was like just living through the same interview but in the flesh with two different people to the ones i spoke with on the phone, It went well although i was only supposed to be interviewed by one lady and she brought in a co worker who suggested halfway through the interview that i would maybe be more suited to other roles in dell , I felt this to be very off putting and un-professional, after i got back home from the interview I got emailed an aptitude test from dell and was told upon completion i would receive correspondence about if i got the position or not . They never got back in touch but that's fine as we all know that simply means you did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• they present a problem that is no real it is hypothetical and it just gets worse and worse as you keep answering them until you come to the point where they will say ok so what would you do if you could not help the customer in question or did not understand their problem i simply answered that i would just ask a member of my team if they could provide me with assistance if they were not to busy depending on the urgency of the situation at hand   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell.

Interview

It was a longer process. I was brought in with a class of about 12, and since their classes are every other month, I had to wait from the time of applying and the time of start.

Negotiation

Pretty straight forward. No negotiations possible on salary.