Dell Sales Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dell Sales Engineer Interview Questions

2.8

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell.

Interview

For an engineer support role you would think it would be done by someone with some background on the tech your applying for. a good number of people are only interviewed by a manager with no work in the field your applying for.

Other Interview Reviews for Dell

Sales Engineer Interview

Interview

Referred by a job hunt. First interview by hiring manager through the phone, question focused on previous cases and customer handle skills etc. Second interview by the director through the phone too, not too much question. The whole process lasted about 2 month, finally got the job.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dell (Houston, TX).

Interview

Very simple. Mostly Enterprise sales questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No real options. take it or leave it.

Anonymous Employee in Oshkosh, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Oshkosh, WI) in June 2011.

Interview

Referred by a friend, got an initial request for phone screen the same day I filled out the app. Had two phone screens, an in person interview with peers, then a follow-up call with manager. Got the offer a day or two later and didn't actually meet my manager until the week before I started.

Interview Questions

• Nothing terribly difficult if you know what you're doing already.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate. It was way more than what I had been making.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Chicago, IL) in May 2010.

Interview

A former coworker had recommended this opportunity to me, and based on his enthusiasm for Dell, I opted to pursue it. After submitting my resume, the hiring manager contacted me by phone and we subsequently also had a face-to-face interview. With the mutual interest that meeting resulted in, I proceeded to then meet with several other peers, managers and HR representatives to this role (approx 6 total). I learned later that there had been 30+ applicants, and that I was one of three selected for this 2nd round of interviews.

After the offer had been made and accepted, there was an additional process of background check and drug test as part of the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• What do you think would be the biggest challenge in this role?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dell (San Francisco, CA) in August 2009.

Interview

The hiring, interviewing and on-boarding process for me was excellent.

Negotiation

it was easy, I asked for a signing bonus and got one, $10,000.

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell (London, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied online followed by a recruiter calling up and screening me first. Spoke about salary expectations, benefits and package. He asked me if my company had a system to make my performance, at the time I didn't so it wasn't a huge issue. Then two phone interviews followed by a f2f at Dell headquarters Bracknell. Whole process took up to 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• First call was technical, talking about speeds and feeds, things like IOPS, latency, what IOPS to expect from pci-e, SSD, to HDD. Cover technologies within storage, and storage features, replication, snapshots, backup. Then onto Server hardware (current knowledge of CPU's Memory ect) following onto server management - IPMI.
      Second phone call was an overlap of the first - a few more questions on networking (TCP/IP) but mostly on experience on projects from start to finish - this seemed important to them but you can talk around it and apply parts of your previous experience and bundle it up in one. They want to hear that you've worked on larger projects and also how you interact with other clients, team members and technical experts.
      If you pass the first two calls, then the hard work is mostly done. The face to face for me was mostly a formality and was a friendly conversation about my experience. This is your chance to ask any further questions and to ensure that you are a competent, confident speaker. No technical question, but rather your behavior.

Overall, everyone I spoke to seemed really friendly.   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dell.

Interview

Internal referral, meeting with manager, call with SE peer, HR

Interview Questions

• Can you work with several different sales teams that don't have an interest in all products   Answer Question

Looking for more BI focused

Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell.

Interview

Aggressive, smart, and ethical straight forward candidates are appreciated in Dell. The other attributes like hardworking etc are also necessary. Interview is 3 stage, Hiring Manager, business unit head and HR.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Dell offers industry standard Salary. Exceptional candidates get the best offer

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

(Translated from English)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Amsterdam (Netherlands)).

Interview

Hele proces duurde 3 weken. Had 3 interviews: inhuurmanager, manager van inhuurmanager en manager van andere businessafdeling. Werknemer werkte heel snel: na laatste interview kreeg ik aanbod. Salarisonderhandelingen gingen soepel en 3 weken later had ik een nieuwe baan.

Interview Questions

• Moeilijk om te beantwoorden (als een principe, cliché): wat doe je binnen vijf jaar tijd?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Ik kon onderhandelen. Het was het waard om te onderhandelen: Dell is een verkooporganisatie, ook voor zijn nieuwe aanwinsten(!) Hou in je gedachten dat tijdens een later stadium van je carriere het moeilijk is een hoger salaris te krijgen.