Dell Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 2, 2017

2.5

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dell.

Interview

Spoke with recruiter, basic behavioral questions. Then had phone interview (out of state applicant) with sales managers and agreed very basic behavioral questions and questions based on sales. Few days later given offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Received 1st offer and declined. They cave back with a second offer and accepted after negotiating salary.

Other Interview Reviews for Dell

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dell (Austin, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Simple interview process. I applied through our university campus recruiting site and heard back after a few weeks. There was only one interview that was mainly behavioral based and one sales role play. It took them a while to get back to me though. I was told that I would know within two weeks but it ended up taking over a month for me to hear back about an offer.

Interview Questions

• If you were to rank yourself in a team (from first place to last in a group of ten new hires), where do you think you'd fall and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Reston, VA).

Interview

J do it in my opinion that you have a gar the same as though it may have a good eye out the details and I was on my own business is to have to go out of my boys and the rest is the most popular of my

Interview Questions

• I am a little bit of a few of those days when to get I was like I was like I was like I was like a body   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dell (Nashville, TN) in April 2016.

Interview

They were very straight to the point and very understanding of not knowing many technological sales terms. I kind of jumbled some answers so I was very surprised to get the offer. That made me think of whether the turnover rate was high for entry level positions. I love Nashville and really would have liked to take the position but the pay would not have been enough to live of off.

Interview Questions

• If we were to ask you to sell us a computer right now, what would you say?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Nashville, TN) in April 2013.

Interview

Applied online through a referral. Interview is mostly basic stuff including asking what I knew about the company in general. Two people interviewed me, one asked most of the questions while another took notes. It lasted a total of about 20 minutes. I received an email a week later stating that I did not get the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dell (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

They interviewed a fairly large amount of people for a "sales class" and settled on about 8. The interview was performed by 2 men, in a small room with no desk or table. It felt quite oppressive, but the interviewers were good-natured. They seemed to go down a list of the basic questions you would expect for a sales type job, asking about experience, and they had me do a "role playing" session wherein I was to sell them a product. Overall the interview was swift and brutal if you aren't already a salesperson, otherwise it wasn't too bad.

Interview Questions

• Was asked to sell them an electronic device about which I had almost no knowledge. I felt very stupid trying to sell this person a device with no idea of its features, why someone would want it, or any technical information   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa Palms, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dell (Tampa Palms, FL) in January 2013.

Interview

you come in to the city they bring you in show you the facility and explain to you what exactly you would be doing if you would work for dell.

Interview Questions

• How much experience I had in sales   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dell (Nashville, TN) in May 2011.

Interview

Interviews with Dell are often based on a format of finding out how you handle situations in the work place. I was asked to address a situation, what was the task taken to deal with that situation, what was the action taken and what was the ultimate result of the action taken. Be prepared to address how you have dealt with situations relevant to the job you are applying for and what you did to create the desired result.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to grow acquisition business. What methods did you use to grow that business?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated very close to the salary I wanted. I would advise to find out what the position you are considering pays in the job market you are considering. You will likely be offered slightly less than what the market is averaging for the position, but it is negotiable.

Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Round Rock, TX) in May 2011.

Interview

After you apply, you're contacted by a recruiter to schedule a phone interview. This is a quick call with the recruiter before your formal onsite interview. There will then be one of more onsite interviews before you receive an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Round Rock, TX) in March 2010.

Interview

Too many questions and went on to long.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult client to deal with and how did I resolve i?   Answer Question