Dell Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

Dell Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

2.9

Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dell (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Slow

Senior PMM Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell (San Francisco, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

It was okay - process was driven by contractors who dont' seem vested in the process The process was also rather long with too many days of waiting in bewteen. Finally, the issue for the end results was that i eventually had to meet more people when I came on board. I wished that the business would have a dedicated Dell hiring team to make sure that thepeople selling Dell are actually excited about working for Dell

Interview Questions

• I thought the questions where easy and not necessarily typical of the work that was being asked of me. also okay but the questions where too vague I did not interview with enough peers   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell (San Francisco, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

Very good experience through the interview process. The talent acquisition team is very professional and were very diligent in their follow ups.

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, they offered within the range I was considering.

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dell (San Francisco, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

Average. Phone interview for remote position. Panel Interview consisting of 2 interviewers for 30 minutes. Received a call from the recruiter the next day about my experience and they offered me the job.

Dev Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Dell (San Francisco, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

Hiring interviews were quite grueling, they asked me some tough DS questions and then some onsite stuff

Interview Questions

• What is the best data structure for representing a telephone directory.   Answer Question

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (San Francisco, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

2 phone + 3 onsite interviews by VP, director, managers and senior engineers. Moderately challenging at the Director level. Be prepared to answer small brain teasers and typical industry questions and problem solving with case studies. It's very dependent on the interviewers' own background and the problems at hand they wanted you to help resolve. I would rate the difficulty 6 on a scale of 1-10. with 10 the toughest. Overall it's a pleasant experience.

Account Executiv E Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (San Francisco, CA) in September 2009.

Interview

I applied for the position online and was contacted by a recruiter who was very professional. We talked for about 20 minutes providing her with details of my background. A couple of days later she called me and scheduled a 30 minute phone interview with the hiring manager. He asked about my background and what I knew about the company products and focus. The recruiter then set up another phone interview with the Regional Director which went extremely well. Two days later, the recruiter called me again and I was offered the position. I was an exception more than likely in this case as I now know that each manager has their own process. Many will have you talk with peers, various managers and support resources and will base their decision upon feedback from each. The onboarding is not the best and it takes a fair amount of time to work your way through the who is who and where to get answers but all internal personnel are very willing to assist. Good group of people who work very hard.

Interview Questions

• Describe our product line and postiion in the Marketplace.   1 Answer
    • What would you do in the first 30 days on board.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The sales positions variable pay structure is based upon level of rep. I don't believe that there is any negotiations relative to pay structure with the exception of negotiating a higher level sales position. I II III or IV.

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dell (San Francisco, CA) in August 2009.

Interview

The hiring, interviewing and on-boarding process for me was excellent.

Negotiation

it was easy, I asked for a signing bonus and got one, $10,000.

Storage Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (San Francisco, CA) in March 2009.

Interview

The recruiter was one of the most professional that I've had the experience of working with ever. In an economy where there are few jobs, I was found, screened and taken through a very thorough process in a small amount of time.

Interview Questions

• Can't thing of anything that was unexpected?   1 Answer

Negotiation

What negotiating? Many companies are now "low balling" on offers, and this offer surpassed my expectations.