Dell Interview Questions in San Jose, CA | Glassdoor

2.9

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Data Center Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dell (San Jose, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Interview Questions

• On the day of the interview, dress appropriately and arrive early, calm and mentally prepared. Bring a list of references if you did not already include them in the resume you submitted. And, most importantly, don’t forget to relax and be yourself.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dell (San Jose, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied with my resume through the career center of my school. I honestly did expect they were going to call me, however somehow got an interview a or so week later. The interview took place at my University and was about 30 min. all technical questions. After that I received an offer a few weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Simple data structures questions (diff. between stack and a queue) and questions about my school projects   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dell (San Jose, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

Two levels of interview process. about 4 hours of in person interview followed by 30 mins of phone conversation. primarily focused on coding and presentation skill. it was a group panel.

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Dell (San Jose, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

Met 5 engineers, including the hiring manager, for about 4 hours. Each person gave a programming question in addition to other questions related to resume and experience. The programming questions were mostly based on algorithms.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

not much. I mentioned my bottom line beforehand and they met it.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell (San Jose, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

A couple of phone conversations and in-person interviews seemed to do the trick.

Interview Questions

• Fairly typical question about the most difficult problem I had encountered and how I went about solving it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a joining bonus and extra vacation time.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell (San Jose, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

The recruiter reached out to me after finding me on LinkedIn. I had a phone conversation with the recruiter and then a 45 min phone screen with a Sr. Product Manager in the company after which I was invited for an onsite interview
    The interview process was very haphazard. I was interviewed 5 people including the hiring manager and only during the interviews did I find out that I was being interviewed for a couple of different positions.
    One of the interviewers was extremely rude and almost seemed to be on a mission to prove how much better and smarter he was. He asked questions that had multiple correct answers but kept disagreeing with me and just kept mentioning one single answer that he felt was correct.
    The hiring manager was not even sure if we had spoken prior to the interview and kept playing with his phone through the interview.
    Overall, it was just a horrible experience as I did not know what position I had to cater my answers to.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell (San Jose, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

The interview process is very disciplined and sound. There are usually 5 to 7 people to interview and if you are interviewing in Silicon Valley you need to expect more questions on the technical fronts.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You ust need to indicate what salary you will be comfortable with.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dell (San Jose, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

7 interviews

Interview Questions

• How would you sell enterprise, mobility, software, and services to customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

Storage Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dell (San Jose, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

Interview process is very fast; 1 phone interview, next week in-person interview.
    Solid technical interview; Easy for technically sound engineers.

Interview Questions

• If you are expert in appropriate job related skills.
      just refersh on C, C++, algorithms and relevant
      HW skills.   Answer Question

Offered a one level lower grade engineering position than current
    grade level at current employer; Dell is conservative on job
    designations or pay/benefits that comes with that designation.
    They offer very good salary initially but one gets stuck at this level
    for long; Overall Dell offer balances with current offer on long run.