Dell Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dell Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Dec 23, 2016

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Telephone, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dell (Telephone, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

It was a difficult interview some questions were like they are being readied from google and were asked so overall you need to prepare the questions from google and try that learn the logic

Interview Questions

• How to reverse a string
    What is Play.wait
    1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Dell

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dell (Austin, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

My interview was just ok. The person(Don't want to mention his name here) did not ask me any technical questions. Apart from that he miss-understood that i am a front end developer, and said this was purely back end development work.I tried to tell him that i have worked extensively as back-end developer and as a full stack developer as well but he din seem to have been convinced.

Being a full stack developer, Yes i have worked on all stages of SDLC including documentations. He wanted me to take him through my career -resume(basic question) . And this is where he judged me. Never gave me an opportunity or asked me technical questions !!!!

He got a bit rude as soon he judged me to be a front end developer and it was clear from his voice that he wasn't interested anymore in talking the conversion ahead . I would say he never had any etiquette's to talk to a lady as well as a interviewer. At the end of the interview that hardly lasted for 15 mins, when i asked if : More about work, project etc. He back answered : i don't think it would be necessary or you need to know more about anything.

I have attended several interviews in my career till now. There have been many times when i did not got selected. But even though each interviewer takes time to explain about everything .

Negative Experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Round Rock, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

First telephonic interview (technical) and then personal interview at Dell Round Rock site. There were 5 people interviewing one by one each 30 minutes. After the long process of interview, I never heard from Dell HR or any from the group that interviewed me.

Anonymous Employee in Telephone, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dell (Telephone, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

30 minute telephonic interview. Pretty standard, brief and conceptual, Specific technology/implementation specific questions.. nothing out of box. Two people were on the interview panel. Very high level, barely scratching subjects,

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dell in January 2014.

Interview

Applied online, got HR call 1 day later, phone call with hiring manager the next day. Went for the onsite 5 days after I applied. Interview lasted 4 hours (30 min slots with diff team members). Every thing was going well until one developer started asking me stupid/got-cha kind of questions that got me visibly irate which affected the rest of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Random questions like what is the keyword "yield" in C# (I've been a developer for 8 years but never used it). Classic programming problems like write code to reverse a node structure.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Austin, TX).

Interview

Phone screen, ~6 hour on-site interview with 6 people. Multiple technical interviews. Lunch interview. Final management interview. Discussions. Many technical questions. Why want to work at dell.

Interview Questions

• Whiteboard programming problem. Programming assignment homework.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dell (Round Rock, TX) in August 2011.

Interview

First round was telephonic. They called for the face to face interview to Round Rock. 6 employees interviewed me for close to 5 hours. I was given offer after 4 days.

Negotiation

Joining Bonus and Relocation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dell (Bengaluru (India)) in December 2016.

Interview

Worst experience ever.They took more than 6 hours interview and when it comes to offer then they are not ready to give salary they why wasting the time of candidates.

Interview Questions

• Practical machine test followed by 2 rounds of Interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dell (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

The whole process took 2 days. Reeceived a call from the HR, requirement was for particular project for DELL R&D.

Day 1:
    2 Technical rounds followed by a managerial round

Day 2:
    1 Senior HR round and 1 compensation discussion round with recruiting HR (Kind of HR round only)

Interview Questions

• Technical 1:
      1. Previous projects architectures
      2. Design a good REST application. Mainly concentrated on URL designing and Data transfer between caller n publisher
      3. Writing a REST client and invoking the service
      4. Spring framework - IOC, Spring core and AOP related questions.
      5. How Spring framework was internally implemented
      Answer Question
    • Technical 2
      1. Basic DS algo questions. One of them was like how to find duplicate elements from two UNSORTED arrays. With a complexity of n
      2. ORM - Hibernate. Writing entity classes and defining relations between them
      3. Restful webservices related questions
      4. Which one would you prefer REST OR SOAP WS and why?
      Answer Question

I had another offer, and that company is closer to my place and work wise both are similar.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dell (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2016.

Interview

Face 2 Face Interview Which Includes 1) Intoduce Yourself , Questions on Core Java ,Exceptions,Coolections,Multi Threading, OOPS, String Concepts, Logical Questions, J2EE including JSP, Servlets,Struts , AJAX , JSON,Springs,JDBC,Queries and communication Skills , leadership qualities.. If Qualified , u will be called for 2nd manager round followed by HR Round