Dell Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 4, 2017

3.2

37 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The interview consisted of video interviews via their online platform with 5 members on the team each with 30 min. Technical questions were asked from each of the interview which ranged from software design, architecture to coding practices, high level concepts, databases, multithreading topics and more.

The process was smooth and we had some interesting discussions. There were a few unexpected questions but besides that everything else was fair game.

Interview Questions

Dell Response

Aug 10, 2017 – candidate and employee experience team

Thank you for your reviews and welcome to the family.

Other Interview Reviews for Dell

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Telephone, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dell (Telephone, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

It was a difficult interview some questions were like they are being readied from google and were asked so overall you need to prepare the questions from google and try that learn the logic

Interview Questions

• How to reverse a string
      What is Play.wait   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dell (Austin, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

My interview was just ok. The person(Don't want to mention his name here) did not ask me any technical questions. Apart from that he miss-understood that i am a front end developer, and said this was purely back end development work.I tried to tell him that i have worked extensively as back-end developer and as a full stack developer as well but he din seem to have been convinced.

Being a full stack developer, Yes i have worked on all stages of SDLC including documentations. He wanted me to take him through my career -resume(basic question) . And this is where he judged me. Never gave me an opportunity or asked me technical questions !!!!

He got a bit rude as soon he judged me to be a front end developer and it was clear from his voice that he wasn't interested anymore in talking the conversion ahead . I would say he never had any etiquette's to talk to a lady as well as a interviewer. At the end of the interview that hardly lasted for 15 mins, when i asked if : More about work, project etc. He back answered : i don't think it would be necessary or you need to know more about anything.

I have attended several interviews in my career till now. There have been many times when i did not got selected. But even though each interviewer takes time to explain about everything .

Negative Experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Round Rock, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

First telephonic interview (technical) and then personal interview at Dell Round Rock site. There were 5 people interviewing one by one each 30 minutes. After the long process of interview, I never heard from Dell HR or any from the group that interviewed me.

Anonymous Employee in Telephone, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dell (Telephone, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

30 minute telephonic interview. Pretty standard, brief and conceptual, Specific technology/implementation specific questions.. nothing out of box. Two people were on the interview panel. Very high level, barely scratching subjects,

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dell in October 2014.

Interview

Half a day interview, mostly technical, programming questions, code debugging session. Three people interviewed. Last interview with the manager. On site. No phone technical screening questions. Not very hard questions.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Santa Clara, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

1 phone interview and two onsite interviews.Hiring process was smooth.
    Phone interview was going through the resume
    Onsite interview was whiteboarding the projects i worked on explaining the design and development process

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dell in January 2014.

Interview

Applied online, got HR call 1 day later, phone call with hiring manager the next day. Went for the onsite 5 days after I applied. Interview lasted 4 hours (30 min slots with diff team members). Every thing was going well until one developer started asking me stupid/got-cha kind of questions that got me visibly irate which affected the rest of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Random questions like what is the keyword "yield" in C# (I've been a developer for 8 years but never used it). Classic programming problems like write code to reverse a node structure.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dell (San Jose, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

Two levels of interview process. about 4 hours of in person interview followed by 30 mins of phone conversation. primarily focused on coding and presentation skill. it was a group panel.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Austin, TX).

Interview

Phone screen, ~6 hour on-site interview with 6 people. Multiple technical interviews. Lunch interview. Final management interview. Discussions. Many technical questions. Why want to work at dell.

Interview Questions

• Whiteboard programming problem. Programming assignment homework.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.