Dell Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dell Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Dec 23, 2016

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Telephone, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dell (Telephone, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

It was a difficult interview some questions were like they are being readied from google and were asked so overall you need to prepare the questions from google and try that learn the logic

Interview Questions

• How to reverse a string
    What is Play.wait
    1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Dell

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in July 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by email from a guy from Dell to set up a phone call. After the initial phone call he set up a call with the project manager from the US. I've got an email with the argument of the call, mainly background and motivational, insted it was full of very technical and specific questions.
    I received no feedback after this call, just an email for 2 more calls, this time tecnical (they wrote), they already sent me the dates, without asking if I were free. very roude. The first call was with a guy with a very strong indian accent and It was very difficoult to understand, at the second call, nobody showed up and I listened the waiting music for half an hour.
    In the mean time, another recruiter from Dell, send me an email for scheduling a call for the same position, very organized company.
    They rescedule the last call, blaming a problem with the phone, but I think they simple do not care of the people.

At the end of the process (2 week later the last call), I receive a call telling me they decided not to proced in the process.

Interview Questions

• What is your opinion about multicast delegate?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dell (Bengaluru (India)) in December 2016.

Interview

Worst experience ever.They took more than 6 hours interview and when it comes to offer then they are not ready to give salary they why wasting the time of candidates.

Interview Questions

• Practical machine test followed by 2 rounds of Interview.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dell (Chennai (India)).

Interview

It started with .net clr level qns and gradually moved to Design patterns and OOPS. YOu should be very good in OOPS and desing patterns / principles to clear the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They were not ready for any negotiation. It was more like a take or leave policy. It did not help that I was applying during the financial crisis time when companies were not recruiting

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell in June 2011.

Interview

The interview process is very nice and in flow. The HR, technical and Manager rounds have very good questions and reviews.

Interview Questions

• Questions about a most complex application processed and about reworks.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dell in October 2010.

Interview

2 technical rounds and manager round, hr round

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2011.

Interview

Good Questions. Well framed. Interviewers are well communicative. I overall cleared three rounds of Interviews(including client interview). Expecting to get the offer within next 15days . Later came to know the requirement is withheld (on hold) for any official reason.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between SetTrans & SetTransObject   1 Answer
    • Which function used to change Datawindow SQL Statement   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dell (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2016.

Interview

Face 2 Face Interview Which Includes 1) Intoduce Yourself , Questions on Core Java ,Exceptions,Coolections,Multi Threading, OOPS, String Concepts, Logical Questions, J2EE including JSP, Servlets,Struts , AJAX , JSON,Springs,JDBC,Queries and communication Skills , leadership qualities.. If Qualified , u will be called for 2nd manager round followed by HR Round

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dell (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

The whole process took 2 days. Reeceived a call from the HR, requirement was for particular project for DELL R&D.

Day 1:
    2 Technical rounds followed by a managerial round

Day 2:
    1 Senior HR round and 1 compensation discussion round with recruiting HR (Kind of HR round only)

Interview Questions

• Technical 1:
      1. Previous projects architectures
      2. Design a good REST application. Mainly concentrated on URL designing and Data transfer between caller n publisher
      3. Writing a REST client and invoking the service
      4. Spring framework - IOC, Spring core and AOP related questions.
      5. How Spring framework was internally implemented
      Answer Question
    • Technical 2
      1. Basic DS algo questions. One of them was like how to find duplicate elements from two UNSORTED arrays. With a complexity of n
      2. ORM - Hibernate. Writing entity classes and defining relations between them
      3. Restful webservices related questions
      4. Which one would you prefer REST OR SOAP WS and why?
      Answer Question

I had another offer, and that company is closer to my place and work wise both are similar.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dell (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied though online process, it took week to get a call. The interviewer looked very unprofessional he was looking at the computer screen, May be searching for questions. While i was trying to answer he looked uninterrested and was looking outside , never looked at me. It looked the position was already filled or he was not interested . Very unprofessional behavior.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions which are available on web, As interviewer was looking at his computer.   Answer Question